How to disable thread rating?

Hi guys, need some help here.

Apparently whenever i post on threads, i will be rating the thread even without me selecting the rate the thread box. Anyway to disable that?? Cos for no reason, i am rating 5 star on threads where i posted.

Thanx for any help…

Any admin able to help on this??

Hi Mcserastral,

The thread-rating function is optional. You can choose not to rate the thread. The thread-rating function can be found at the bottom of the page when you reply to a thread or at the top of the thread viewing page.

How do you respond to a thread? Maybe there’s something in there we can figure out.

Thanks!

Hi Nica, yes i know it is optional. But apparently it is not for me, as so far i have yet to select the check box to rate thread but yet i am rating all the thread i have replied to.

Am using firefox 4 as browser.

Hi Mcserastral!

Are you using the quick reply or the advance reply?

Hmm… i just click reply to thread??

Greetings Mcserastral,

We’ve had several team members test for your issue and no one has been able to recreate it. A couple of questions that will help us troubleshoot:

1. Has this always happen or just recently? Have you ever posted successfully, without the thread rating being selected automatically?
  2. Have you tried another browser? Have you cleared your browser cache recently? Did you recently upgrade to Firefox 4?

Please let us know the answer to those questions and whether anything has changed.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Hi Pipstradamus and team,

So far have been using firefox 3.6 and 4 to post and all the way facing the same problem. I can post but will rate the thread irregardless of whether i have selected to rate the thread.

Just tried and tested posting using IE9 and don’t face the problem so apparently only firefox affected. My browser cache is auto clear upon closing of firefox and IE.

Any idea why that is so?? Meanwhile guess i will have to use IE9 to post.