Consistent constant (babypips has stopped responding)

It seems that this site is unresponsive “all the time” it happened when I tried to type this message. Is this just me?
I have this problem at home - at work - on mobile, it just stinks.
I’d write more, but I am afraid it will become unresponsive before I get done.

1 Like

Had similar issues. I’ve resorted to using Word or any other text editor and then copy/pasting. If u do this you might want to copy/paste the thread URL at the top your text editor as well - saves you from searching should you accidentally close or navigate away from the thread for example.

had the same problem for nearly 1 year. i could log in only from phone and when typing answares the side randomly routed me to another topic and the tiped was gone or it would let me tipe and then not respond once clicked “post”.

i arranged with typing stuff in massages on my phone then copy pasted.

since 2 months or so all is working normal again without me changing computer or settings or anything.

went away same like it came. no notice no change no nothing.

I’ve had very few problems of the sort you described. You didn’t mention your operating system, internet connection, etc., so I can only guess what might be causing your problems.

My setup is pretty ordinary: consumer-grade desktop computer, with a FiOS internet connection, running Windows 10, and 4 browsers (which all seem to work similarly when accessing Babypips). My mainstay browser is Epic Privacy Browser; the others are Firefox, Google, and Microsoft Edge, listed in order of preference.

If you’re on WiFi, could that be the source of your issues?

I have noticed that Babypips is sensitive to [I]fast clicking[/I] on various buttons. Occasionally, I click “Reply With Quote”, or “Submit”, etc., [I]too quickly,[/I] and the Babypips system doesn’t connect properly. When that happens, just waiting it out doesn’t work very often. The remedy, instead, is just to click the backup arrow, and remind myself to slow down.

Anyway, I’m starting to ramble now.

To answer your question, “Is this just me?” — Apparently, it’s not just you, but it’s not all of us.

So, the problem seems to be something specific to your technical setup or your location.

By the way, I’ve often wondered: What does your username mean?

It’s an age old problem, you will find that at other times posting is easy, then it becomes a hassle.

The cause is the stuff wrapped around the top, sides and bottom, everyone has to make a living.

Btw, Clint, see that bust got a mention on UK news tonight, now I’m wondering whether you have an inside contact :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses. I use mainly IE explorer or chrome. I, just for the fun of it, tried to open babypips.com via Mozilla firefox.
The pop up add for babypips, immediately got flagged as a ‘dangerous’ threat. So firefox “contained” this , and I was able to move in babypips for a minute or so, until the next pop up ad. (I’m guessing this may be the issue?? maybe not?)

Clint my name PerchTird. . . well it is a dumb one. I just put a unique spin on the old term bastard. instead of being a Bass and instead of a tard. well there you have it. stupid, yes. unique, yes.

I rarely have problems using the site. Sometimes I have to have quite a few attempts to log in.

I’ve had some AVG virus alerts, using this site, for the last week or so.

I’m sure they’re not [I]really[/I] viruses, but something added to the site recently is “setting off” AVG, anyway, and I have to let it “deal with the (perceived) threat” on each occasion.

No inside contact, I’m sorry to report.

I’m trying to remember where I heard that news, and I’m drawing a blank. It’s possible that I heard it on [I]The Rush Limbaugh Show[/I] on the radio – now, there’s a guy who [I]does have[/I] inside contacts.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity. I’m glad you’re a PerchTird, and not a BassTard.

BTW, I saw your PM. I’ll reply sometime over the weekend.

Speaking of which, have a good one!

Hey PerchTird,

Sorry for your issues. Can you tell me where in the world you’re posting from? We did a major overhaul of our backend server infrastructure in October/November of last year, moving to Amazon Web Services, and away from a dedicated server setup. But if your issues are more recent, that change probably wouldn’t be related.

You’ve mentioned to us your browser, but can you give us info on the device(s) you’re using and maybe something about your Internet connection? You’ve mentioned mobile. What’s your speed? WIFI or cellular? Is your home or work connection cellular, cable, FIOS, etc.? Do you run anything other than a standard antivirus package on your computer? What about browser add-ons related to security or privacy or filtering? I would try to run the browser in a default setup and start enabling any of those one by one to see if anything changes. All of that will help to diagnose your problem.

As for your feedback about the website being unresponsive, is this on the first load, or subsequent loads, during any specific tasks, like just reading and moving to the next page, or posting/replying, or logging in? Just in the Forums, or elsewhere. Or literally all the time? Do you visit the site around the same time each day? What time is that (and your timezone)?

We have staff in different places around the world, on the site at all hours of the day. While we do experience some issues when posting (this is more related to our Forums platform), we haven’t received support requests similar to yours.

lexys also mentioned virus alerts. We haven’t experienced those ourselves, nor have we received any support inquires related to such alerts recently. But your antivirus software could be configured for active scanning, and based on your hardware (and many other things) could definitely affect your computer 9and browser) performance. Mobile devices are another story.

Now, if you opened up another browser tab to another website while simultaneously visiting ours, and one worked and ours didn’t, we could easily eliminate some potentially bad actors, and focus just on our website. So when you have the time, and if the issue persists, provide us as much detail as you can.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus