Male enhancement advertising

Is there a reason that Babypips can’t, or won’t, deal with this problem ?

Every night (New York time) between midnight and about 5am, garbage of the sort copied-and-pasted below gets posted in the “Beginner Questions” forum. These posts are always from first-time posters, who get around the problem of posting links by using the Post Title line at the top to write in the website they want to advertise.

Typically there are several of these every night. They are so similar to each other that one has to wonder whether they all come from the same retard, who simply registers multiple times per day, using different user-names.

Sometimes the Moderator on duty is prompt about clearing the garbage off the forum, and banning the fool who posted it — if someone uses the Report Post button. Otherwise, the garbage remains for hours, in some cases.

This stuff makes the Babypips site look like a sleazy place to visit, and I really think the Owners/Administrators/Moderators of this forum should start to pay attention to the problem, and do something about it.

I have suggested a remedy, which I will repeat here:

• Quarantine the first post (or the first two, or three, or five posts) of new members, pending review by a Moderator. That quarantine could be limited to the midnight-5am (ET) hours, during which this problem seems to occur.

• If a new member who has attempted to post objectionable material inquires about why his post never made it to the forum, DO NOT ANSWER his inquiry. Simply ban the fool, without explanation. Do not give him/her/it the satisfaction of getting any sort of response from the Moderators and/or Administrator.

• If a new member whose attempted first post was [B]not[/B] objectionable inquires about his/her missing post, treat him/her with the appropriate respect. A “form-letter”, explaining the quarantine policy, would be a quick way to handle such inquiries.

Dealing with this problem can’t be that hard. It’s not rocket science.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face Clint!

Can I chime in?
Perusing BP one day last weekend I was stunned at the amount of male enhancement advertising …it was incessant, one after the other, with Clint posting on virtually every one telling them to clear off . Seemingly no moderators around at the time.
Over a 15 or so year period these posters must make up close to 10% of the entire membership . Is it me or is that a lot?
From a female perspective it really does make the forum seem sleazy and a place to avoid.
I ignore it all but I have a daughter who is now reading the BP school…and it’s just not cool…make it stop please!

Hahaha, Clint, you made my day with this thread! :smiley: But you are totally right, such posts do not belong in this forum and I am amazed that it’s even possible to post them. Hopefully the moderators will take care of this problem.

Wow, what a surprise. Fancy that the powers that be haven’t responded to this yet. Just another group that make money selling forex rather than trading it. Sad really.

I’m married with kids, so male enhancement would do me no good. Don’t get none anyway!

Early Thursday morning (New York time)

Well, so far this morning, there has been one attempt to plant “maleenhancementshop” advertising on the forum, by someone calling herself FellatioRachel (or something like that).

But, she and her spam got kicked to the curb a couple of minutes after the [I]Report Post[/I] button was hit.

Thanks for dealing with this nuisance, Moderators !

I still wish you could just filter this junk, so that it never even gets posted.

But, one step at a time, I guess.

Hey Clint,

Sorry for the late reply on this one. Yea, spam has always been a problem. We take steps to combat it, but spammers get a step ahead of our efforts and it’s back to the drawing board. Filtered words and phrases, IP range blocks, country blocks, human verification, post limitations, etc, go only so far. And we’ve been a bit limited by our Forums platform, vBulletin, as far as the filtering that takes place. Regardless, at the end of the day, that’s a lapse in our moderation efforts. No other excuses necessary. I apologize for that.

We are, however, taking some huge steps in the coming hours that we hope will help with many of the spam/bot/low value post issues that have been experienced over the years. Hopefully the added features will keep those things at bay, while also giving the community more power to assist us in quickly identifying the problem posts and getting them out of here.

And to be clear, we don’t have any relationship with the spammers that are advertising these products or any other enhancement/vitamin/health products.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus

Thanks for the pro-active response, Pipstradamus !

Two days into the new software and here’s todays dose of sleazy spam.

1 Like

It’s fair to say that I’ve never really invested that much time in other FX forums, but I do wonder if they also experience the same problem.

Surely a 5 or 10 post quarantine until moderated/confirmed would solve this - yes it’s a big job for admin given the number of new joiners all the time, but admin could also outsource this or allow BP member’s to ‘allow’ the posts as and when they have the time to check. Just pool all new starters and allow the forum & admin to give the thumbs up.

1 Like

What an upgrate to the website.

Here is what my screen looks like

Hello @Clint , I promised to share more informaiton on one of your thread but I’m no more allowed to post to any thread where I have already posted more than three times and I can not find a way to send PM to my old mates :slight_smile: so finally saying hello in this reall useful thread for male enhancement (not for forex but for his bed after he has done trading forex, thoughtful of the admin to allow so). Atleast I can post in here because I fortunately have never posted on this thread before

Babypips Guys, please dont take away liberty of speach from the users who are in compliant with your forum policies, you might end up loosing a few loyal users even before you realize it.

Im out of this thread and this forum till your policies change back to normal

Cheers !

@RISKonFX. Totally agree. It’s such a simple solution adopted by other forums.

@_bob. It does seem like workable idea, i’m not so sure how it can be implemented into this new layout though? Maybe the trust levels or whatever they are called could allow members to moderate/approve new joiners.