Eur/usd

Short

TP 1  :  1.3800
TP 2  :  1.3600

Today look for a clear move above last week’s high at 1.4291 to give the bulls steam and 1.4338 remains the key level for any extended rally.
This morning the Euro is making another fresh breakout attempt against the USD and having attacked the upside on more occasions than the downside in recent days, the appetite for risk seems to remain well intact.

The FOMC minutes were a disappointment for the USD yesterday - and Obama’s stimulus package is unraveling as the US goverment may continue buying MBS securities in an effort to stave off the crumbling of an empire. But hey, at least he’s $1M dollars richer after winning the Nobel. Maybe Obama will make an anonymous donation to Fox news.

The Euro rally toward 1.50 versus the Dollar continued as Industrial Production gained for the 4th consecutive month. Industrial Production came out at 0.9% as expected. EUR/USD traded with a low of 1.4838 and with a high of 1.4946. Today, ECB Monthly Bulletin will be released and will provide detailed analysis of current and future economic conditions. European Core CPI is expected slightly weaker with 1.2% versus 1.3% prior.

Resistance
Support

Dow 10,000 EUR/USD 150 - what do we think about that? Will the greenback continue to slide through the NY session today or can it reverse the trend? I’m looking at buying USD and selling XAU for a quick hit before the US session. With TIC Net Long term Transactions being reported, wish me luck.

The Euro continued to rise versus the Dollar trading with a low of 1.4843 and with a high of 1.4968 reaching the highest level since September 08. European consumer prices fell for a fourth month in September as energy prices dropped and companies cut jobs and reduced costs to weather the global economic slump.

The long term trend is definitely long, but yesterday the usd came back on itself after us stocks decreased the economy showing more signs of weskness-it benefits the currency-nearly 100 pips!

The Europeans [EU] are jaw boning. That caused the 100 pip retrace in EU, yesterday.

We shall see whether the ECB and the rest of the central banks will [B]tolerate[/B] a Euro above 1.5000. Especially with Gold $7 from the critical $1070.

JP Morgan is drumming already that a price of gold around that level is “not wanted”. :smiley:

I don’t think it will be long before we will see what’s going to happen…TA and trend doesn’t matter anymore in such circumstances.

My bet is that they will hit the EU pair and Gold before the end of this month. :smiley:

Here ya go…:smiley:

[B]Dollar Decline Draws International Protest[/B]

LONDON – This could end up being viewed as the week when dollar weakness became too much for the rest of the world to bear, [U]setting the scene for tense encounters at the upcoming meeting of finance ministers from the world’s 20 largest economies.[/U]

[B][I]And a whole slew of European officials have practically begged the U.S. to step in and boost the buck.[/I][/B]

Dollar Decline Draws International Protest - WSJ.com

There is no chance in my book that the global Central Banks stand by idle and let the USDX slide further.

I reckon it’s only a matter of days until we will see a massive co-ordinated intervention similar to last year that propelled the USDX from around .70 back close to .80…

technical levels:
1.4905 closest resistance
1.4780 support

expected trend long eur

Now that the non farm payrolls, confirmed the fact that the us economy is definitely still weak, what will happen?

The bearish trend still on the go for this week

pay attention that the pair is on 2nd fib projection (161.8) for a while now , it is very close also to the 1\3 fib retracement of the big move (1.224 - 1.515) .

Barak

Interesting development…I’m pretty convinced Eur Usd is heading towards the 1.31 level where it will be a question if it will break it or not. I will post updates about it over the weekend!

Anyone catch the fib bounce on 1.3580? I was in for a short about 80 pips lower haha guess Ill hold on and wait for that inevitable drop.

Yes, I was also short earlier at around 1.3500. I entered again at the bounce.

History show us that EUR/USD is growing. There will be a time when EU or US (or both) will react to make the EUR grow again

Hi :slight_smile:
Since last week, EU made an upside move of approx. 180 pips. After counting the waves on low timeframes (5 min), we determined this upside move consists of only 3 waves. It means, that it can be an obvious proof of the bullsih impulse continuation. At least we have to wait for breaking 1.3704 and consequently 1.3738 levels.

By now the possibility of bearish bias is still actual, EU has enough space for a downside move without cancellation of the suggested scenario.

yesterday buy euro/usd 1.3674 at 4.04pm, sell euro/usd 1.3636 at 6.53pm, since yesterday the price is stuck between 1.3636 and 1.3674 more or less. Don’t buy or sell at the moment there is no market. if you buy the price will go down, if you sell the price will go up. it is the same for gold, and other commodities and currencies.

you touched 1.3785, now give it up already! :stuck_out_tongue:

wonder what kind of gap we’ll see tonight?

I’m targetting 1.31 on Eur usd, the plan is to short 1.3550 up to 1.37.
All part of my analysis I give out on my blog on a weekly basis on Forexhabits :slight_smile: