GBP/USD Daily Chart Reviews
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member

Default GBP/USD Daily Chart Reviews

I was overwhelmed by all the positive feedback I got on my EUR/USD and AUD/USD Daily Chart Reviews, so I figured I'd add another crowd favorite to the mix -- GBP/USD!

As with what I did on EUR/USD, I will be marking out important levels on GBP/USD's 15-minute chart, highlighting market-moving events. Let the color scheme below be your guide:

Green – previous day high and low (PDL)
    Blue – previous week high low (PWL)
    Pink – day open price (DO)
    Purple – week open price (WO)
    Black – major (00s) and minor psychological (50s) handles (will also be called MaPs and MiPs)

I hope this helps!

To start things off, here's my very first chart review on GBP/USD:

What do you guys think? Tune in here everyday to get more chart reviews of GBP/USD!
    Last edited by BigPippin; 07-18-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Nice thread. It really helps to find out the reaction of market to major events which will definitely help as a catalyst to determine market flow in future against those events. Keep on rocking...............

BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member

Default July 18, 2012

Those discussions of a potential rate cut at the last Bank of England MPC meeting sank the pound early in yesterday's London session!

Name:  gbpusd.dcr.20120718.jpg
Views: 3162
Size:  51.5 KB

Price action also just stopped short of retesting the cluster of inflection points before reversing during the New York session.

Default July 19, 2012

We saw solid support at around 1.5650 in the first half of the day. And action was particularly hot in the hours surrounding the release of U.K. retail sales data!

Default July 20, 2012

Name:  gbpusd.20120720.jpg
Views: 3106
Size:  44.1 KB

After chillin' like a villain during the Tokyo and early London session, Cable crawled lower as risk aversion helped the dollar rally. Technical levels didn't hold too well.

Default July 23, 2012

GBP/USD was all about risk aversion on this day. From its opening price, it fell all the way down to 1.5500 -- an over 100-pip drop!

Last edited by BigPippin; 07-24-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Default July 24, 2012

That bearish divergence play at the 1.5550 MiPs was a pretty sweet setup!

Last edited by BigPippin; 07-25-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Default July 25, 2012

The release of U.K. GDP data set off fireworks on GBP/USD! From the previous day high (PDH), it fell right down to the previous day low (PDL)!

Default July 26, 2012

Not much activity on GBP/USD at the start of the day... but boy, did the market wake up in the London session after Draghi's supportive comments! A 200-pip rally, son!

Default July 27, 2012

Looks like the market was all gassed out after Thursday's big rally! Even with the release of the U.S. GDP report, GBP/USD spent the day trading sideways, with the 1.5700 handle acting as an area of interest.

Forum Sponsors