News Indicator

Hi, this is my first post on BP and iā€™m not sure if i posting this question in the right place but i wanted to know if anyone had an idea where i could find the indicator that displays upcoming news events on the mt4 charts? i had it a few weeks ago and for one reason or another itā€™s gone now and i canā€™t find it anywhere. thanks for the help and good trading to all. :smiley:

Hi,
Hereā€™s one I use from ForexFactory.comā€¦

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53249&d=1191488864

:slight_smile:

thank you sweet pip.

Hello SWEET PIP, I just wanna ask you if you used to trade taking into account the news indicators, I am new and I want to know what is the way to combine this king of indicators with the technical analysis, I really donļæ½t know how this news indicators can affect the market and how can be interpreted, so if you know about it or you have useful info Ill be very thankful.

Hi,
Basically I just use it to check for when news comes out to avoid trading to close before itā€™s release. Saves me from having to remember to check any website calendars before placing a trade. I donā€™t really pay attention to what the news is, because Iā€™ll follow the reaction after itā€™s released.

sweet pipā€¦for one reason or another the indicator doesnā€™t seem to work. i do the same as all my other indicators and when i restart and add it to my chart nothing happens. i am looking for the one that displays in the upper left how much time until the next news event and how long since the last one. is ffcal the same indicator? thanks again. :smiley:

Try going into the parameters and making sure the ā€œallow dllā€ is check markedā€¦thatā€™s usually the problem. Otherwise it does as you say, and you can move it to 1 of 3 corners to keep it out of the way.

thanks so much sweet pip. that was the issue. :smiley:

[B]Sweet Pip, thanks for your help, it really makes sense for me now, that is a good strategy to follow the reaction after it released. Anyway, do you know any good calendar to check; although you donļæ½t use it frequently do you have a favorite one?, I just wanna tryļæ½ [/B]:slight_smile:

Hi,
The one that this indicator uses is from forexfactory, but babypips has one too under ā€œtoolsā€, ā€¦theyā€™re all about the same.

Hi, Sweep pips thanks again for the guidance, good info I will try to read about it cause Iļæ½m interested in learning the coherence between the news and the market movement to complement the analysis in a future. Iļæ½m sorry if I bother you with such questions, I hope to help others when I be an expert. :stuck_out_tongue:

here is thee best news indicator out there. it works with mt4. Check it out.
copy and paste the tpl files into templates and the exe file into experts ( i think???)

news indicator.zip (94.4 KB)

you can find events in lots of websites but Iļæ½m sure in the platform you are using there are also options to find events. If you donļæ½t find, check another broker and Iļæ½m sure youļæ½ll find. Gabby

I couldnļæ½t find in the platform the option to find the eventsļæ½Thank you very much, Ill check the information I hope it resolve my doubts about it. Thanks again

I found this EA to trade news events , or at least just before news events:

sites.google.com/site/dmweadev/home/pending-time-ea