Binary Options Regulation

I think binary options have been some of the most debated asset for quite some time. Most think they are a scam and true enough most binary options brokers do scam their clients. The marketing is even worse than that of forex brokers and some of the most misleading I have seen.

I have looked at several dozen binary options brokers and one thing they have in common, with the exception of one I can remember, is that they are unregulated. I have tried two binary options brokers myself, just to see if it makes sense for me to have a minor amount of capital at work there and one turned out to be good and the other one not so much.

I have heard that in 2014 every binary options broker needs to be regulated or they will be shut down. Does anyone in this forum know anything more about it?

I am just curious about it and don’t plan to trade them actively, I keep my one account and place a trade or two every so often. I am not sure if anyone in here trades them or not. Please do not hijack this thread and talk about if they are scam or not as that is being discussed plenty of times and everyone needs to form their own opinion.

[B]I have heard that in 2014 every binary options broker needs to be regulated or they will be shut down. Does anyone in this forum know anything more about it?[/B]

What’s the source of this info?

Several posts about this topic I read and one binary option broker who gave me this information after I asked about regulation. Some are already regulated by gambling commissions, but I asked as I wanted to know if anyone has some additional information.