Unknown news event? Best place for news?

Hi all,

Can someone please explain to me why the EURGBP tanked this morning? (my morning…). I’ve searched everywhere and cannot find any news release relating to either?

Also, where’s the best place for news / news calendar? I’ve been using forexfactory but maybe there’s a better option?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave,

Euro selling on Eur/Usd because of fed statement, looks like Dec hike after all, also looks like US numbers will be on target tomorrow (Fed would not allow egg on their face with positive statement one day and bad news next - this part just my guess)

Anyways, euro selling on the big cross will cause euro selling elsewhere, especially since UK also some hint of rate rises and also on EZ hint of more QE.

Gold down on all the USD buying - that’s about it, except for the S&P - correct reaction was down, but then buyers arrived in force :slight_smile:

Not sure about best place, but it all comes down on how much you want to spend an if it will be worth it. There are several paid services out there, when it comes to the free ones they are for the most part very similar.

Or wrong place?