Aud/jpy
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Aud/jpy

Jason Rogers is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst for FXCM FX-Men Honorary Member

Default Aud/jpy

This thread for the AUD/JPY. The carry trade is coming back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jason Rogers is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst for FXCM FX-Men Honorary Member
    AUD/JPY charging ahead. Long position is doing nicely, and may add to it if today's candle can keep up it's bullish move throughout the day. The retracement from the high feel to the 38.2% fibonacci quite nicely.

AUD/JPY daily candle closed above the downtrend line which is a good sign. Up 185 pips on the trade, but one thing that's concerning is the COT data which shows traders becoming more bullish on the JPY. Here's the story COT Positioning Warns of Yen Weakness

The downturn in stocks is weighing down on all of the JPY pairs including AUD/JPY. Possibly reaction before Bernanke's house panel discussion at 2pm ET.

DRA
    DRA is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member

Default Aj

The fact that it didnt break support@70.40 is a strong sign that the bullish trend should continue, a break of 78.30 would add value to that. On the other hand its now showing resistance on the back side of the broken up trend line. Theres also fibonacci convergence from the last 2 down swings on the daily. I think we will see further bearish pressure should the present daily bar close as an engulfing bearish candle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cadarkitek View Post
    The fact that it didnt break support@70.40 is a strong sign that the bullish trend should continue, a break of 78.30 would add value to that. On the other hand its now showing resistance on the back side of the broken up trend line. Theres also fibonacci convergence from the last 2 down swings on the daily. I think we will see further bearish pressure should the present daily bar close as an engulfing bearish candle.
    Hi cadarkitek, and welcome to the AUD/JPY thread.

I agree, the decision to make is whether I want to hold it for a possible retest of 70.40. In the end I think it's a good long term trade so I will hold. I also drew another fibonacci retracement to forecast a potential target. Putting the most recent consolidation between the 38.2% and 61.8% retracements would call for a move all the way up to 94.75. This could take months to develop.

AUD/JPY broke above the downtrend line so I added to the position. Average buy price now moved up to 76.104

The chart below is a 60 minute chart. Compare it to the daily chart from the previous post and the trend line. I added the trend line to the 60 minute chart and it was testing this trend line earlier this week, but has now been able to trade above it for 12+ hours which is good enough for me.

Fundamentally, the rally in stocks has probably helped put risk aversion in the back seat giving a boost to the trade, so three cheers for the stock market.

zekelogan is offline Senior Member
    I've been in this one since 7/21 @ 75.95

Targeting 79.

Started w/ 2 lots, took profits on half @ 76.45 yesterday.

Leaving stop in tact @ 75.25

Good trading!

Quote Originally Posted by zekelogan View Post
    I've been in this one since 7/21 @ 75.95

Targeting 79.

Started w/ 2 lots, took profits on half @ 76.45 yesterday.

Leaving stop in tact @ 75.25

Good trading!
    Nice trade. I started watching it last week after the RBA rate decision. Naturally when I added the second position yesterday I picked the top. And then today, so goes equities, so goes AUD/JPY.

zekelogan is offline Senior Member
    Hopefully 77 will hold. Looks ok so far.

Hopefully today's a profit taking day, reality check, not an all-out bear day.

If not, stop moved yesterday to +50 pips.

Not my target, but I'll take it

Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast