Any news that affected eur/jpy this morning?

Does anyone know of any news, or even a reason why the eur/jpy decreased at an intense pace at 3:25am(usa edt)? I wasn’t in the trade, but looking to trade that pair pretty soon, once I get my funds arranged. That pair looked promising, but when it’s going up then 10 mins. later intensely crashes, I dont want anything to do with it. I’m just thinking how much I could’ve got screwed if I was in that trade.

At 01:10 EST on the 23rd there was a spike up in the yen, it reversed just as quickly, no idea why, anyone?

A fake tweet from someone who hack the Associated Press twitter account was sent saying two explosions were heard in the White House and Obama was injured… This created a rush into the safe haven currency (yen) and caused the spike… AP immediately identified it as a hack and everything went back to normal in minutes.

Thanks, that explains it. Funny how the yen is still considered a safe haven after the decimation Mr.Abe has done to it.

Good opportunity to buy Eur pairs, especially against jpy and Aussie.

I don’t know what happened at 3:00am. Dailyfx says is risk aversion. But don’t know.