The EUR/JPY around the 141.00 level

The Euro versus the Yen keeps oscillating around the 141.00 level, forming what it seems like a symetrical triangle or a pennant. This type of formation suggests that the price may leave the consolidation in any direction, but personally, I would prefer to see a visit to the 140.00 level for an opportunity to go long from there.

Dude, just go long now, I think it’s heading back into 142 territory already.

chart of last 4 weeks

hmmm… any day now - a breakout ??

The ECB has a rate decision coming up this week. Do you think they will ease? And which way do you think EUR/JPY will go?

There were 2 cuts last year and it has been a few months since the last cut (.25 benchmark rate)… but bonds in Greece are selling well, so maybe not another yet? Long term rates are down trending.

Well, here we go again. Negative European interest rates and I saw something like this chart on Cyclopip’s blog, so…

EURJPY Daily

EUR/JPY update.

Dropped my stop to 137.28. Kinda close, but in the money. I do not see any reason to keep a wide stop when The Euro has fallen so far and may retrace some.

Hi
thank you for the post :slight_smile:

EURJPY is an interesting pair to trade right as of late.
It’s sensitive to risk trends, but, also the major issues w/ the EUROZONE right now.

You are welcome… but I moved my stop very close (137.18) and was stopped out. I travel for work the next 2 days.
Have the fun!
The Yen has not been so strong either, but has been in a range. I don’t know why. Maybe nobody does and that is the reason it is in a range.

Digging this one from the past…I went long the EURJPY at 126.250 right before posting this one.