09-20-2012 until 09-22-2022
FORUM RULES - UPDATED FEB 2013
Top 5 Rules
- THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE. Imagine you have one chance to get it right. Make your post thoughtful, informative and relevant.
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT LEARNING AND HELPING, NOT HATING. New Members, invest some time into reading existing threads, getting to know the existing members, and getting a feel for the culture of the forums. Existing Members, please cut the new members some slack no matter how “newbie” they’re acting. Patience is a virtue.
- BE POLITE. This is overlooked far too often. Make the effort to be a nice guy or gal. Keep an open mind, recognize that what works for one may not work for another, and that we’re all here to SHARE and LEARN.
- NO ADVERTISING. Any action that we deem as a promotion of any product or services (forex related or not), is strictly forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, links to commercial and informational websites, affiliate websites, product pages, feedback pages, commercial social network pages, for commercially motivated reasons.
- NO SOLICITATION. This rule is back. This includes soliciting forum members to join groups or classes on Skype, YM, AIM, trading rooms, or chat rooms, to follow Twitter users, to try out free products and services, signal services and the like.
- Use common sense when posting or replying. When in doubt, ask yourself this: “Does my thread/reply provide any value to the forum or original thread poster? If not, think twice about posting.
- Treat others as you would like others to treat you. Be Polite, not rude. Keep in mind that your idea of “polite” or “rude” isn’t necessarily the same as your fellow forum member. When in doubt, ask a moderator or your mother (if she’s a nice person).
- Flaming and trolling will not be tolerated. If we deem a user is posting with the sole intent of stirring up trouble or inciting disruption, without the intent of providing constructive suggestions or comments, our moderators will issue an infraction and/or ban.
- Personal attacks and aggressive behavior against members will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban. Debates and disagreements are fine. Agree to disagree, shake hands, and leave it at that.
- No perfect traders with inflated egos allowed. Check the ego at the door. This is a forum primarily made up of BEGINNERS. Respect the fact that you were once a beginner, and respect your fellow forum member.
- Any content that we deem as inappropriate language or subject matter will not be tolerated. That includes foul language, or content of a ***ual, racial, or religiously offensive/discriminatory nature. “Jokes” about these topics will not be tolerated. Related slang terms will not be tolerated. Asterisk-ed words will not be tolerated.
- Start new threads in the most relevant forum. We have many forums for your choosing.
- Do your best to stay on-topic. We know it’s hard. Keeping the subject matter related to the original poster’s thread topic benefits us all.
- One account per member. Purposefully creating multiple accounts to have another identity will be met with a ban. If you have multiple accounts because of a username change or because you forgot your password, let us know. We’ll gladly delete the other account for you.
- OP's (original poster) have indefinite editing permission on the first post of their thread, all users have 10 days to edit any of their posts, and FX-Men Honorary Members have indefinite editing permission on all of their posts.
- Cross-Posting is not allowed. Cross-posting refers to posting duplicate threads or posts, or linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
- Hijacking threads is not allowed. Try not to change the topic or ask a new question in someone else’s thread. Please start your own thread. It’s free and so much fun!
- Bumping threads is not allowed. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately bring a thread to the top of its forum or to increase your post count.
- This is a public forum. Understand that the information you share in your public profile or in your posts is shared with people from all over the world.
- Please help to keep the forums clean by reporting violations using the “Report Post” link found in every post. Tell us why and we’ll do the rest. Thanks!
- Moderators have the final say on what is appropriate and what is not. This list of rules is subject to change.
- These rules also apply to the Chat Room.
Rule violations can be met with warnings, infractions, bans or a combination of the three. Warnings are just that. You’re not in any trouble. Infractions are a little more serious, however. Get too many infractions and you will be banned. Account bans can be temporary or permanent. Follow the Forum Rules and “be nice”, and you should be just fine.
Happy trading and enjoy your stay!