Woot! As I expected, the last trade that I pointed out from my most recent update turned out to be a winner! It closed at 1.2770, enabling me to bag 76 cool pips!
This week wasn't so good though. My HLHB Trend Catcher only had 1 big winner and many small losing trades.
Below is a quick rundown of the trades my system took:
1. Invalid signal since RSI was still above 50.0 when the EMAs crossed over.
2. Another invalid signal as RSI was already above 50.0 when the EMAs crossed.
3. Short at 1.2787. Closed at 1.2801 due to new crossover. -14 pips
4. Long at 1.2801. Closed at 1.2777 due to new signal. -24 pips.
5. Short at 1.2777. Closed at 1.2665 when trailing stop was hit. +112 pips.
6. Long at 1.2593. Closed at 1.2545 due to new signal. -48 pips.
7. Short at 1.2545. Closed at 1.2555 due to new signal. -10 pips.
8. Long at 1.2555. Closed at 1.2508 due to signal. -47 pips.
9. Short at 1.2508. Stopped out at 1.2558. -50 pips.
All in all, including the trade opened from the week prior, the system incurred a 5-pip setback. Yikes! That's another losing week for my Trend Catcher. Should I start getting worried?