DCA - the ultimate EA!

I’ve come up with an amazing EA. This little baby is the result of my hard and extensive observing and researching from forex over several years.

Comments, notes, questions?

May the discussion begin!

OK, is the discussion supposed to be about you making an EA?..cause you didnt tell us anything about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

It uses stochastics, MAs, fibonacci, zigzag and loads of other indicators so the EA is actually quite complicated. It also modifies the lot sizes according to market and portfolio performance.

And as you can see from the picture below this little baby ain’t a scalper.

do you plan to sell this EA?

Can anyone think of what the name DCA stands for?

927 mismatched chart errors and N/A modeling quality - do you understand how to backtest?

Average loss trade is bigger than average win trade

0% short positions won? what’s up with that?

Maximal drawdown 53.73% - no thanks.

Keep your amazing EA, I’m better off without it.

The large spikes in lot size occur at the same places where equity drops indicating some type of martingale type betting strategy. Not good.
Let’s see it back tested correctly over the last several years and then judge.

You’re right! Didn’t see that at first.

Not so amazing EA IMHO. :eek:

Here’s a thought about this EA and others like it that may be using something like a Martingale system. Obviously from the graph and others I’ve seen, the equity goes up and up steady but at some point you get to a loss that wipes you out. So what if you bank your profits periodically so that when the big wipeout comes it doesn’t wipe out everything. Then repeat the process.

Would something like that work?

Sooner or later strings of losses that come close together would kill you off for good. The whole principle of Martingale is flawed.

I have seen allot of graphs like this also.(some were of some of my first accounts;)) I always wonder if the trading logic is good. If a reasonable form of MM was applied would the equity still grow? but at a slower pace with less risk? Any EA that you run and make even a small profit from is about the easiest money I can imagine.