How can I tell which EAs are attached and running in MT4?

How can I tell which EAs are attached and running in Metatrader4?

Is there a quick way to remove all EAs from all charts, as opposed to “pausing/stopping” the EAs by clicking on the “Expert Advisors” button?

Press F7 and the indicators and EAs attached to the current chart will be displayed.

I do not think there is a quick way to detach all the indicators and EAs at the touch of a button. you could just close all the charts down but you would obviously loose settings for each chart unless you set up a template.

1 Like

Go to the Windows menu choice on the top bar and look at the listing of currency pairs. It also shows the name of any EA attached to that chart.

As far as I know, there is no way to do a one click delete of multiple EAs.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for

Since the orginal question seems to be answered, I’d like to ask a couple of other simple questions.

1 - when I attach an ea to a chart (15 minute chart) then switch to a 1 hr chart - the EA - says deinitialized – so at this point - my ea is not running?
another way to ask - I need to leave my chart up all the time in order for the ea to work?

2 - when using a statement like ticket = orderstotal(); the ticket holds the value of the number of open orders - lets say 3.
If I have the same ea attached to a second chart it reads the same 3 open orders right?

So the question becomes, if I want to run an EA on 3 or 4 different pairs - allowing only 1 open order on each pair, I pretty much do NOT care what I get with the function orderstotal(); right?

1. The EA is now running on the 1H chart much like switching TF with an indicator. After it goes through the 1H Init it start processing ticks in the normal manner. You can verify this by putting a couple of Print() statements in your code. Whether it will produce expected results on the 1H is an entirely different question.

2. I think the answer is yes you can ignore it in your context. I use OrderTotal() for a different purpose. I want to use it as loop control variable so I can find information about an order such as the opening price and TP.

1 Like

Thanks CodeMeister