Forex Steam

I have been using forex steam and made 800 in a week. Yeah, it paid for itself 7 times over so I’m happy. It uses by default larger stop losses and I believe this to be the best strategy for an ea that swing trades. It seems to trade similar on my demo account and real account so for me it’s a keeper. I’ve tried bad ea’s so I do have experience with others.

since when have you been using it?

Hello Guys!

Is there anyone still using Forex Steam EA V9 please. I want to find out if there is any recent report or performance update please? Many thanks for your feedback guys

I am very curious about this as well, a bit of research shows very positive and very negative reviews.
Since there is no Mfxbbook link i am unsure what is true.

Who has more info on this EA?

I bought it its been working for week looks like ok. I wonder how you are doing with this ea? I got it running on EURUSD,

I’ve had it since Jan 1, started trading live March 1. Little better than break even, but hopeful. I’m running it on a VPS.

Cross your fingers for me :57:

Hi All,

Have also been induced to get the Steam EA by the reported results and by reviews by some reveiwers who are obviously being paid by Steam, now have both Steam “Normal” and Light on my demo and to say the results aren’t very good would be putting it mildly!!!

Am going to run it for round a couple of weeks then wll optimise it on MT4 then run it again to see if I can get better results and judging by the results I am getting now this won’t be hard.

Cheers all and good trading

Hi I bought forex steam 2 weeks ago and no single trade were triggered in my demo account it says not enough money and my account has 10k and i set my lot size 0.01
and the support don’t know how to fix the problem i did everything they said and I opened demo account with recommended broker fxopen nothing happened installation instructions is old not updated please don’t waste your money when i asked for refund they told me do as we instructed you before i did everything nothing happened stay away for scammers

Hi, could you send me the EA and I test it on demo? It has 4 licenses as I know, so if it works you can adjust settings.

The results displayed by both the author’s website and the review website ForexRobotNation are fake.

I have a small group of users of ForexSteam who have been using this EA for a while and we have all experienced full 90-pip stopouts, which are mysteriously missing from the ‘official’ results. All of our other trades match up, but the 90-pip ones are never displayed. You can look for yourself: you can pull up the results in a sortable grid and then sort by amount won. You will see some 20-pip losses (due to the pip retrace feature) but no 90 pip losses since about 2013.

That said, the EA IS the most consistent at producing runs of wins that I’ve ever used - it’s just that huge 90 pip (9:1) risk:reward ratio that kills it. Several of us have been trying many difference strategies, on varying currency pairs, and have devised a strategy that seems to work.

Having had a disaster with an alternative strategy a while back, I have now returned to this main strategy and have started forward testing again, and my results are published on myfxbook. Look for user PaulDV (sorry, can’t post the link here as I’m too ‘new’).

I’d like to add for those interested, that the reviews at ForexRobotNation are from NEW users who are happy that they’ve had a run of wins.

The admin of the review page does not allow negative comments, so when those same users get disgruntled because they’ve lost all of their capital, their comments never see the light of day.

The upshot is that to a new reader, the EA looks fantastic and they jump in and buy it. Only by careful Googling can people find out the truth about this EA and locate groups of existing users who they can be honest with. Unfortunately, most people don’t look that far before opening up their wallet.

I’m only new to forex but i don’t see how it’s possible for a forex bot to be so profitable when highly qualified forex professionals can only get say 75%? Profit. There’s no explanation on their website on how it determines which trades to make. And i’m assuming fundamentals aren’t considered, so it just seems impossible. And wouldn’t people who had it running with such large profits be singing their praises on their website? I want it to be real but can only conclude that steam and fury are a scam. Happy to be proven wrong.

Its interesting to read everyone’s different experiences

Well, it depends on what params for risk you actually use. My testing of Forex Steam has shown quite consistent result with a small account ($300). I have been testing it since mid-January 2018 and on average I make about 60-85% per month. Hope soon I will be able to shift to a more feelable deposit size =) The params I used were:
MM = false;
Lot size = Deposit/3000 (manual calculation, not automated with MM feature);
TP = 10;
SL = 50;
Risk = 10;
Retrace exit = true;
Max trades = 1;
Mins before news = mins after news = 15;
Sometimes at the periods with high volatility I enable hedge (enable_hedge = true) and hedge 0,01 pips

This set up has made quite some result for me multiple times. But the biggest thing here is to keep the risk strategy as is! No SL moving, no SL disabling, no more than 1 trade (without hedge). My experience shows that SL is pain in the ass, but this SL can be recovered within 1-2 days. And, of course, it works only with VPS (terminal is up and running 24/5). This is my honest review and if you have questions, you can email me (I will provide the address upon request)

1 Like

Ok cheers. I appreciate the detailed response.

HI PaulDV,

You mentioned you had a winning strategy with Forex Steam. Would you be willing to share the setting that seem to be working for you?

I just bought the EA last month but haven’t been able to avoid the 90 pip draw downs that are killing me. Any suggestions would help.

Interesting strategy - I’ll give it a back test and see how it goes. I presume you’re running 24/5, yes?

Regarding your risk calculation, you’re actually risking around 17% per trade…that’s pretty high, which is why you’re getting the return you do, but having used Steam (unsuccessfully) for a couple of years now, I can’t help but think that a major loss is just around the corner. But I’ll defer until I do a back test.

Yeah, we called it the Asian strategy, as it was based around trading a basket of currencies just the first few hours of the Asian session, but we’ve gone on to tweaking each individual currency pair.

Our testing and tweaking hasn’t been completed yet (back testing Steam can take a loooong time!), and I am also forward testing the existing setup at the same time (look me up on MyFXBook).

It’s been working well apart from 2 HUGE mistake I made: had a major loss on the 28th Feb (I forgot to turn off trading for the last day of the month - so my fault) and this week some unexpected news caused a huge 20% loss (again, due to Brexit, I should have stayed out of the market for the whole of this week - so again, this was purely my fault).

1. Unfortunately it is not possible to back-test Steam =(
  2. If you do not have a habit to move SL, then stop out will not happen anyway. The most I’ve had was 2 SLs in a row which was painful, bit not lethal and was reimbursed within next week in full. Breaking the strategy with moving SL may and will cause trouble the other day. However, moving SL is a bad idea for 2 reasons: a) you do not know whether the move against you is short or will be 300+ points; b) you are waisting time sitting and waiting for smth like 10-20 points of profit. Useless. It is much smater to acknowledge that you are having a no-longer good trade, rather then sitting and waiting for the price to get where you want it. Long moves and many-points wins need different MM.

Yes, it is possible to back test Steam - you can’t back test using the news filter, as that doesn’t work historically, but Steam itself can be back tested.

I never mentioned anything about moving the SL - I never do that anyway, so I’m not sure what your second point is.

I’ve run a two year back test using your strategy and, yes, there are periods where it works very well (at one point it quadrupled the account), but then it slowly loses over time until you’re back to your starting capital (or less). Over the two years it took just over 900 trades but ended 9% down on the starting capital. Max drawdown was a whopping 87%.

If you’re confident of your strategy, then by all means, carry on, but it’s not one that I will be using.