Side by Side Real and Demo Account Results

Hey guys,

I noticed that real accounts and demo accounts open up trades differently even though they are both using the same EA that has the same parameters and are running side by side. The real account has opened up a trade on USD/JPY that the demo account hasn’t even though it should have. I know demo accounts may fill the orders at slightly different prices but opening up trades on only one account? Can demo account results be trusted at all? It seems a bit ridiculous. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Anyone got an answer on this? Its doing it again this week.

252 views and no one knows anything about this… Is the algorithm at fault? The broker? The connection? The computer? The demo account???

I’d contact your broker.
It can be any of the things you mentioned- it’s tough to ask other traders on a forum to diagnose an issue you’re having locally.
If your broker is worth trading live money with, they’ll help you out and figure out what’s going on.
If they are unwilling to help- find a new provider.

There are lot of difference between Demo and Real account. Most tickscalpers and scalping EAs will not work in Real. Which EA are you trying to use in Real? PM me if you need more infos.

Okay here is where i got with this. Sometimes the accounts will be very similar sometimes the trades will be different or missed on one account. The stupid FX Choice reps keep trying to tell me that the price feed is the same on both accounts. NO ITS NOT YOU ****ING LYING PIECES OF ****!!! One look at AUDJPY Clearly shows that there is a consistent .001 pip difference. Which is causing the trades to be different!

They also blame the different trades on the EA manufacturer. “You should contact the EA manufacturer” Lol Really??? The EA is a program that responds to data.

Why cant they take the same trades?? This week the demo account made its profit and if the real account hadn’t been a piece of **** and had taken the same trades it would have to. Instead it decides to **** around and take slightly different trades and looses money. Ive been told to switch to pepperstone which is a “good” broker. I know the exact price for the taken trade may be different, but phantom trades??? WTF is up with this ****???

And no this is no tick scalper or any of that. So aggravating! What a bunch of bull****.

Than just change your broker- there are many- the world is awesome.

Let me give you some information that can help cool you down a bit.

Even if you open two MT4 sessions, side by side, of the exactly the same Live account, and running the same EA (with different magic numbers) you can have differences in order execution. Simply because the tick data coming in can sometimes be skipped or lost due to processing times and orders going out might not fill on exactly the same tick as the other session.

While an EA is running and processing the incoming tick it can easily skip a few after the fact and so the two running apps can actually respond differently because they are not exactly synchronised and neither is the tick information coming in exactly synchronised.

The broker has a very valid point when it says that you should also be looking to the EA and its functionality. Unless you wrote the thing yourself and know exactly how it works in very great detail, it can in fact be very capable of being a source of the problem.

I am not saying that the EA is fault, but it is definitely a possibility for the cause.

I am running multiple virtual machines because it not recommended to share the same connection.
1vbox TS2 (fxcm) for tables, 1vbox TS2 for graphs, 1vbox for TS2 demo account, 1vbox for debugging ForexConnect API (fxcm). All these on a big iron with CentOS. Additional laptops may be allocated if needed.

You also need to have guarantees that EA is solid. Otherwise, the world is full of ****.

Why cant i use the same connection?

by “running multiple virtual machines” you mean that u have 1 PC that is fakeing somehow more PCs?:smiley: