New MQL4 Language - help -_-

Now , I’m trying to learn MQL4 Programming language …

When I trying to build a customer indicator I found out that the things in PDF lessons are more different than the MetaEditor Default page

Is there a new Edits in MetaEditors or what ??

any ne know what should I do ???!!?!?!?!?!:(:(:(:frowning:

That depends. How old are those couments that you read. Can you attach one?

If you are more specific about the problem we can try to help you out. There is a lot of information about writing an indicator You can first take a look at one that is standard in MT4 and figure out how it works and then try to change it.

The one I read may be 2 years ago at least

I found the default page on the lesson is more different than my one so I tried and try again and again >> I take Copy and Paste and nothing happened :confused:

It’s the lesson default page
Now it my one -_-

I’m still a beginner ,It’s my first time to create one :slight_smile:

Hi deeagle

What do you expect from it? It seems like it is doing nothing except for returning a value Try to print it.

if you are truly new to coding - - then maybe start with creating an EA - not an indicator.

An indicator requires extra coding that an EA does not - - and so you will find success faster. while building and learning an EA - you can learn and see the differences required to construct an indicator.

You’re right I’m new to coding so I fell sinking in that field , Now I’ll try to create a simple EA and se what’ll I do !!!

Good Luck - computer programming - - it is in a way - what you are about to undertake. . . it does take time and can be difficult.

But start with Print(“Hello World”);

see what happens

then try printing “hello world” only after every hour??

Hi De eagle,

The your version is what I recognize as the current indicator template. The lesson that you follow is out-of-date.

You are starting with an indicator. That will be a steep learning curve. As said by others, maybe you should start with an expert advisor. Or are you trying to do something specific?

What I want to ask, what are you functionally trying to accomplish or are you as said just learning to code with no specific end in mind?

I had more details in my mind that need to be written , but still need to learn that language to do it by my self

Well, if you have a problem with a function, feel free to post it here.