I may be onto something, here

Hi guys just a quick one. Back in Aug 2015 I started playing with an algorithmic trading idea and since I haven’t got a clue about programing I used simple wizard option to create a system. Kept on refining it for a few weeks and ended up abandoning the idea in the end. Fast forward to 2016, checked it again and see what the system is doing.

its been going strong since October. The best variation has done just over 40 trades on a demo account with over 140% in profit.

How much more time or how many more trades would you wait, before you start throwing some real money at it.

Thanks

Hi Steffann1,

Chuck it on a micro account and see what happens?
Care to share your strategy?

Regards,

Phil1234

Yeah, when it feels right, go for it! Start with a micro, check how it feels and if it enters and exits just like on demo.

That’s great! It would be awesome if you can show a screenshot of a trade your system made. Don’t really care if it’s demo or real money, since I’m really into how the trades were done.

If it makes profits, I would test in real markets but with a reputable ECN broker.

Hi Guys thanks for your support. just to give you a quick update on the system: I got rid of the bottom three systems and only kept the top one, since it’s the most profitable. I kept the system as it was and had it live on a demo for another month. As you can see in the picture it kept on doing its thing and still doesn’t seem to be slowing down. From the 1st of April its been trading live on a small account and so far still in profit. Will see at the end of the month. I’ve been busy trying to replicate it on eur/usd but that may take a while.

Stefan

Just a quick update if anyone is following this. April was the first month since November 2015 with a small loss. It also happened to be the first month when I went live on a small account with the system. Got cold feet after it had lost 170 pips and eventually paused it. It turned out to be the big mistake as it made huge profit in May and made up for all the losses. Back live trading the system again. I need to port the system from Prorealtime to MT4 to backtest it on a longer time period. Any good developers out there?

Looks good. I might be able to port it unless there’s some functions in Prorealtime that MT4 doesnt do at all, but I doubt thats the case.

Shoot me a note.

Looks good, let me know if you need help.

If you don’t have a skewed distribution of returns, 40 trades start to indicate that you might be on to something. But I would test for a lot more before going life.

What platform is that. Looks like trading station by FXCM?

How are the results now?