Automated Trading

Hi,
I was wondering how many people here trade or have traded using a EA or Trading robot, if so which one and was it profitable?

-Rico

EAs are hard to trust if you aren’t developer as they usually double the trouble, i am not EA expert however those who wishes to go fully automated should make proper research before buying any EA from the market.

I Plan on trying Al Tareeq’s 20 pips a day EA in a couple of weeks. I will update with some results.

You can learn to make your own EAs by learning how to program in MQL4, I made a thread today.

In my opinion developing a simple EA that makes profit is doable, I made it myself.
What is difficult though is strategy deterioration: over the course of two or three months you will have to refine your strategy, to optimize it again and to forward test it.
That’s the secret to algo trading success.

I think MarkHan84 is spot on on this point. Automation is just a means and the critical point is the strategy it actually runs.

It doesn’t matter if you automate, trade manually online, call the broker or send trading signals to the broker via carrier pigeon; provided the trades you are entering are profitable. Many people on here are TA and PA minded and avoid automation because they have the conspiracy that every robot on the market is deliberately devised to cheat newbie traders.

It is probably best to create your own system, because you can test it and understand its limitations better than something for which you do not have access to the source code.

Creating a system which will make profits for you long run is quite easy. Take a look at this simple custom EA and test it among multiple currency pairs at tick level with an account balance of 100k, spread 2 pips. If you spread it among 5 - 10 pairs, you should achieve 120% + return over the course of the year with very little drawdown.

I would say learn to program mql4, it’s not that hard to pickup and gives you far more options going forward, if you ultimately decide to automate or manually trade: think of it as having the resources of a laptop versus other traders doing their math on a stone tablet.

Simple 20 SR Random.zip (11.6 KB)