How do you find your VPS?

Hello traders,
I am interested in getting a VPS for my EA. How do you find the suitable VPS? Not just pricing, but even more. I am looking for several tips here. Thanks.

I have used CYBERCON for several years. Here is their link:

Dedicated Server Hosting | Private Cloud | Colocation | Cybercon

I pay about $80 USD for 4GB RAM & 100 GB disk space. They have excellent support.

Just make sure to use anti virus & a good firewall. I’m using ZONEALARM & a firewall from BeeThink software.

I used one for about 3 years, but didn’t have the firewall. It became totally infected with viruses & hackers. I had the company build me a new VPS. Since I installed the two firewalls over 6 months ago, I haven’t had any issues.

Hey AzlanAR.
There are several things that you should pay attention on when you are choosing the right VPS. Basically the VPS should ensure you are faster connection to the server(s) of the broker you use so to that you should first inform yourself where the servers of your brokers are located. If the broker’s server is in Europe than maybe it will be better to use a VPS provider located there too. Of course that is valid also for server, respectively a VPS provider in USA and other regions. Choosing the right location based on your broker’s set up can ensure you a connection of only several ms and we all know how important some milliseconds can be on the financial markets.
Of course you should gather information about the main parameters of the VPS like RAM, CPU, disk space etc. based on what you are planning to add there (EAs, indicators and other tools) to improve your trading efficiency.

Cheers

It depends on what exactly you are looking in a VPS. Keep in mind that you need yours for trading and that is why you need to go with someone that offers custom-made for trading VPS. Also, it is very important for your VPS provider to offer good connection services with your broker(s) (regarding latency).
Good luck!