To the experienced traders: advise needed on copy trading PLEASE

I read through copy trading sections here in the babypips forum, and thanks for everyone for the insight on copy trading… Just wanted to ask, have any of you actually tried copy trading? How was the experience?

I am asking this because I am really not that good in forex and most of the time I’m getting a RED trade, if you know what I mean. I’ve been trading for around 6months now, and still, it’s not looking that good. Trust me, I’ve read a lot from the school of pipsology months before doing forex, but still. And to be honest I’m growing tired of it. This is the reason why I wanted to explore copy trading, and just manage who I copy, which I think is easier than managing the actual forex trading.

The thing is, as I’ve read in the forums, the general opinion is halved: some would swear by copy trading, and some others will say not to even try copy trading. I’m quite confused, but at the back of my mind I’m leaning towards trying out copy trading, since as I’ve said my experience doing manual trading really sucks.

I’ve actually done tons of research already, and looking at all my nervewracking research online, I think etoro is the best bet (i think? if i’m not mistaken. suggestions please). There is even one blog post about it with tips in finding out who to copy http://www.frustratedbillionaire.com/2016/03/06/money-making-by-copy-trading-in-laymans-term/ . And reading through the comments there is already a newbie that made a little money from it, and it makes me want to try my hands at it even more. The question is, what do you think? As a newbie, I really want to get points from very experienced traders here before I even try it.

Thanks so much everyone. And I hope your answers here will benefit other newbies like me too. :slight_smile:

This has been answered dozens of times already, as you know from your readings. Its unlikely you are going to get any new answers here, people tire of retyping the same answers in thread after thread.
You will find posts that support copy trading and posts against it. At the end of the day its your money, so read as much as you can find here before you make your decision.
One thing I would say, look at the relative levels of experience of those supporting and those opposed to it. That should tell you something in itself.
Good luck

This “says it all”.

It’s a hugely complicated subject, and there are many reasons for that. Understanding those reasons meaningfully requires extensive experience of the market (I don’t mean the forex market - I mean the signal-selling/copy-trading market), but the short response is that copy trading is [I]not[/I] the answer you seek, Jimmy - it just [U]isn’t[/U].