SMA Crossover Pullback by Robopip (Expert Advisor for MT4)

I Was Asked to post my SMA Crossover Pullback EA for MT4… and here it is!
It follows the rules described in the blog “Art of Automation” by Robopip.
Let me know if it works and if there are any bugs to fix…
EA_Cross_MA_Stoch.zip (19 KB)

Roberto

Thank you! This is great! I will test this now.

It does not produce great results as-is, just from quick backtests on the 1 hour and 4 hour charts on the major pairs. What is your experience with it? Maybe if you could add more user inputs to change MA for example?

Thanks!

In fact… it doesn’t produce the results that Robobip shows in his blog… I tried to ask him some questions… maybe he changed some inputs, or maybe some bugs to fix, but he gave me no answers…
I had good results on 15min time frame EUR/USD if you buy when you shoud sell and sell when you should buy… (contrarian!)

hi~rsantini~ can you upload the mq4 file instead ex4.
we cant examine the code using the ex4 file.

I’m sorry, I don’t have the mq4 file too, because I have created it with a version of Forex Generator 6 that doesn’t allow to see the code. You need the professional version.
Anyway, if you manually check the backtest on the Metatrader, you can see that it works well.
Unfortunately, backtests on EUR/USD and GBP/USD from 2016/01/01 to 2017/01/01 timeframe 1H pruduce losses.

I have backtested the inverted strategy (you buy when you should sell and viceversa) on TF 15m EUR/USD from 2016.05.01 to 2016.12.31, with surprising results.
I have traded live this strategy last January with some profits, than I stopped it in february because the equity line began to become flat.