Million Dollar Pips

Yeah, I bought mdp when I heard they got rid of guardian. Its also on my VPS. I am testing support now with my question. :slight_smile:

Wallstreet is next to test on my agenda. Is it possible to have several ea´s on one account? Or is it better to open a new account at another broker?

That’s what I’m thinking as well as they have magic numbers anyway but I haven’t tried it.

it is possible to run different EAs on one account, but you have to take care with the magic numbers, which indicates a trade.
usually you can change the magic number settings within the EA settings, so you won´t have problems with it.

anyway i recommend to use different accounts, since it´s easier to check the performance of the EAs and you don´t have to care about the magic numbers. Nearly every broker gives u the chance to set up several accounts very simple.

just a quick question on this one, by using a different account in one instance of MT4, does it only allow you to log into one account at any time, hence EA can only run on the logged in (active) account?

Wallstreet is next to test on my agenda. Is it possible to have several ea´s on one account? Or is it better to open a new account at another broker? 

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I use the same account for most of my ea’s. What I do is I install multiple instances of mt4 and login into the same account. MDP is on its own mt4 so is wallstreet and so is FGB. I do use seperate magic numbers and I am able to do seperate analysis using myfxbook’s custom analysis tool which allows me to sort by magic number.

Thanks for that Johnny! Now I’m thinking to load different instances of same chart and load the EAs on different instances. Still 1 mt4. :slight_smile:

in that case I would limit the number of ea’s to max 4 or maybe 5 depending on how many trade the same pair. If more than 1 ea try to open trades at the same time it will result in an error. If the code is well written it will address this scenario or any requote scenario with a loop or someway to repeat the order until it is successful. Just a thought. My advice would be to keep a close eye on things so you know its all working right.

Is it a free tool? If yes can you please post me the link or the name?
TIA

http://www.myfxbook.com

Just create an account. Than you can create a portfolio. I think there are 2 ways for myfxbook to work. What I do is install there ea on my account and than myfxbook takes data directly from my account and crunches numbers. Once you have a trading account in your portfolio than you can do custom analysis based on pair or on magic number.

First time ever I’m interested in an EA. I’ll be checking in to see what results you get Johnny! You do a good job of systematically testing EAs, if you keep having success I may have to start thinking about changing my mind on EAs…

Awesome :smiley:

You know anything that can give us a consistant edge in the market is worthwhile. For me, I had to realize that ea’s are not designed to capture every single good opportunity but rather they look for one specific condition that is there edge to repeat over and over again and as long as that edge doesn’t disappear than the ea will remain profitable.

A good example of this is forex morning trade. It was my favorite ea for months and months but than it started to do crappy and got to a point now where it can barely stay break even. So I have reduced my risk and I will continue to trade it because I believe it may become viable again in the fall. But the bottom line is to constantly observe and most important is money management just like in manual trading it is the holy grail of survival and profitability.

Hi,
I’m from Singapore and would like some advise on this Million Dollar Pip (MDP) system. I’m new to forex EA & tried fapturbo but it did not worked on my system but i got a refund.
(a) How is MDP installed and run? Does it require MT4 or Metastock etc…?
(b) Can it run on my home PC or do i need a VPS service?
© Are there any MDP users in Singapore whom i can contact?
(d) Is there any demo account for MDP?
(e) Is there any forex broking house that can support MDP in Singapore?
(f) Is there a faq for MDP?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

hi,
welcome!

a) it requires mt4, but you get it for free from your mt4-compatible broker
b)you could run it frome home. but a vps should have a more stable internet connection and runs 24/7. i use thrust vps @~12USD/month
d)you´ll find their account on their fxbook-statement on their website: klick
e) i run mdp at hotforex, they accept users from singapore. i use hotforex because i get rebates on the spread through FTC. mdp trades often, so you should get forex cashback as well.
f) i dont think so. but they have a support that answers questions quickly: <[email protected]>

gutzkus thanks for your excellent post

Any updates?

not much happening. To be honest mdp is breakeven at best right now. I am only making money on rebates. I have not installed the newest version and there is some question as to settings. I could be much more selective and catch better moves or I could let it overtrade and earn rebates and break even.

As of right now…38 total trades and +12.3 pips win rate average 41%

hi johnny, just wondering how are u doing with mdp? i was looking at bestforexrobots.net and it seems to be doing rather well, however on some forums it seems to be getting some rather negative feedbacks, any views on this?

right now it has had 45 total trades and +33.4 pips with a profit factor of 1.34

my hotforex account has earned $49.04 in commissions and about $57 in profit from trading for a net total of about $106 profit on what was initially a $450 account

so actual growth from the robot is about +12.5%
and the commisions equal about 11% of my account
for a[B] sum total of around 23.5% growth in about 12 days

[/B]

Hi Johnny,
Seems like you have missed all trades on MDP yesterday. I had 13 trades total with only 2 loses on the newest version 1.1.3

Does this EA not work on ECN accounts? On my FXOpen ECN account it won’t open trades because on an ECN account you can’t create a stop loss with the initial order, you have to modify the order later. My other EAs are fine doing this, but MDP is giving me invalid stops errors. FXOpen doesn’t have a limit on the size of the stop loss, so that isn’t the issue. I emailed support, but he believes that it’s because FXOpen does have a limit on stop loss, even though I explained that this isn’t the case.