Million Dollar Pips

hi johnny, just wondering how are u doing with mdp? i was looking at bestforexrobots.net and it seems to be doing rather well, however on some forums it seems to be getting some rather negative feedbacks, any views on this?

right now it has had 45 total trades and +33.4 pips with a profit factor of 1.34

my hotforex account has earned $49.04 in commissions and about $57 in profit from trading for a net total of about $106 profit on what was initially a $450 account

so actual growth from the robot is about +12.5%
and the commisions equal about 11% of my account
for a[B] sum total of around 23.5% growth in about 12 days

[/B]

Hi Johnny,
Seems like you have missed all trades on MDP yesterday. I had 13 trades total with only 2 loses on the newest version 1.1.3

Does this EA not work on ECN accounts? On my FXOpen ECN account it won’t open trades because on an ECN account you can’t create a stop loss with the initial order, you have to modify the order later. My other EAs are fine doing this, but MDP is giving me invalid stops errors. FXOpen doesn’t have a limit on the size of the stop loss, so that isn’t the issue. I emailed support, but he believes that it’s because FXOpen does have a limit on stop loss, even though I explained that this isn’t the case.

I thought you opened a no commission micro-account which is supposed to be without commission ?

What kind of account do you have?

Regards
Francois

I did open micro account. I think hotforex still refers to the spread as commision on the affiliate page.

Johnny,
The spread difference is the commision for affiliate page. As example, if you Pay 2 pips spread, that’s $20 per lot in spread fee, while your affiliate will see it simply as commision fee. If a booker shares 30% of the spread with affiliate, affiliate get’s $6 per lot, and if you get 50% of what affiliate gives you, you get $3 from it. :slight_smile:

Hope that made thing clear.
If you are totally for rebates and bonuses, you can set up million dollar pips to trade most frequency and lower the slippage.

Hope that made thing clear.
If you are totally for rebates and bonuses, you can set up million dollar pips to trade most frequency and lower the slippage.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I’m looking for a balance between rebates and profitablility. Mostly I want profitability

The website seems shady to me. If his EA was as successful as he claims, why would he be trying to sell it for $99? Clearly the EA is “a license to print money”, why waste the time grabbing some chump change off some random dreamers? I’d be more inclined to take interest in it if it were free. I know several people who have made it big in the forex business, and they don’t say to themselves “Hey, I’m making so much sick-ass bank, I should sell this to people!”

Nevertheless, I would be interested in your long term stats, but ol’ skeptical PipJaeger remains skeptical.

I like the skeptical cat lol!!

Anyway PJ heres the deal. I get em and test em. I agree the site is a little cheesy. I always try to look past the marketing. This ea is unique and if it is profitable than it will make a good addition to my portfolio +plus the rebates I think it has potential.

Anyway let me ask you this? Is it wrong for me to make commissions off of my trades, after all if I am successful than why do I need to bother? The answer is simple. Successful people think differently than the crowd. They see ways to make money or to diversify and they put an action plan in place and make money, or if they lose they continue to try new approaches.

Its an age old debate, if he is so successful as a forex trader why bother market? I say why not. I am an electrical contractor, home owner, trader and all around entrepreneur and maybe my attitude seperates me from others who do not find success. I like to think so because I am hungry for success and I thirst for it and I am driven. My goal is time freedom so I can travel and do whatever I want. I see my goal in a similar way that I see my portfolio. Diversification is good. Multiple streams of income is good. If MDP earns a million bucks from this ea by selling it than God bless him. As long as it is not crap.

If a person knowingly sells crap than he is a douche bag! I personally have been in contact with this developer and spoke with him on Skype. He is a great person and genuine. Most important he stands behind his ea.

Anyway everybody makes up there own mind. I am for diversification and if I had something good I would sell it and add to my profits, God’s honest truth.

BTW so far I am very happy with this ea. It has been in positive territory since I started it and making pretty decent returns and the rebates I am getting are like a sweet bonus, my icing on the cake.

Hi Johnny,
Seems like you have missed all trades on MDP yesterday. I had 13 trades total with only 2 loses on the newest version 1.1.3

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

yea I don’t know what happened. I am checking my vps and also communicating with support to see if something is wrong and if so how to correct it.

I have got MDP v1.1.3 set to default. I have had it running since Monday 24/7 on my Hot Forex Live account. Can you confirm your setting please because since Monday (26/06/2011) it has only done 3 trade which all lost. I am on the default settings in M1 Timeframe. HEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!! I want this to work, also can you explain to me how i get the rebates ??? thanx:53:

I think there`s been only three trades since then. check the mdp site on myfxbook…

I’m running MDP 1.1.3 on FinFX. It only traded 4 times this week. The myfxbook account on the MDP website has 26 trades this week. I sent an email to the developer about why there’s such a big difference in the number of trades. I bought this EA because of it high number of trades.

Is anyone else noticing this too?

Johnny: What do think?

well you guys are all beating me. I havent had a trade since 6.22 I don’t know whats wrong. I have been communicating with William trying to figure it out.

Starting next tuesday I will be running mdp from my desktop to see if that will make it trade.

As far as trade frequency I know there is a setting to increase this amount for those looking for rebates.

BTW for rebates (hoddyj) you have to either sign up as an affiliate then open an account through your link or you have to find an ib who offers cash back per trade.

I believe numOrders_Level 0-4 is for trade frequency so if you want more trades select 4

Wouldn’t it be easier/smarter instead of dealing with “rebates” to just switch to a broker with super low spreads? FXDD and LCG have <1 pip spreads for EUR/USD most parts of the day.

uh no i cant stand fxdd and lcg??? don’t know who they are

I’m quite happy with hotforex

is LCG a white label for gain capital? If so I hate them to they suck

Hi,
Noticed on your ‘myfxbook’ that the MDP is trading eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf AND usdjpy rather successfully (not quite so with the usdchf tho, maybe you should disable that pair :wink: ). On the MDP page the author says it’s a eurusd bot, with the option of buying a separate bot for the usdjpy.
Was there any problems using the bot on these other pairs?

I recently bought the bot as well, even tho I consider myself as a old school trader who likes the hands on approach. I followed your lead and set up a tiny hotforex account and enabled the bot for the account, but sadly the darn bot doesn’t do anything. Probably the same problem as you are experiencing. My version is 1.1.4 i believe, might be something with the newer bots…
Anyhows, a support ticket have been filed to the developer. Hopefully they got a remedy soon.

Best of luck and keep us updated how it fares :slight_smile: