Macfibo ea

Greetings, I can safely say Macfibo have been more-or-less popular system and as any system threads it will eventually demanded for an EA. Apparently, some trader thoughtfully spend their time designing some indicators that will help traders to be more objective and so.

The latest EA is here : Macfibo EA

Any discussions of purely Macfibo EA should be discussed here. Thanks.

[B][B]I as MACFIBO SYSTEM creator will not hold responsible any profit or losses incurred from using any versions of Macfibo EA that are posted here or any other websites, whether it is in my knowledge or not[/B][/B]

I tried to attach the EA, but nothing happened?

Will the RED and BLUE lines draw itself automatically when the 5x20 activation confirmed?

Ok I’m moving to this thread. This afternoon I’ll post a couple of videos of the very early version of my MACFibo EA vision (codename Matagot).

interesting strategy, pity i have to wait until tuesday to give it a go manually, how has the EA been for you?

Or is it too early to tell ?

Please insert an email alert in every indicator you post here if it possible of course.It’s an important and useful tool, i think.

This is an indicator, add it as an indicator and the lines will appear as promised, very interesting indeed. Can’t wait to try the strategy on tuesday.

Looking at your indicator which looks amazing, i have never seen a system which looks great made into something so elegent and simple to the eye, i think your EA could be quite profitable, lots of trades even just scaling 1 pip a time, that would be enough for me :slight_smile:

Great work, got to read all 117 pages of the main thread and catch up lol. My sunday job lol :slight_smile:

It is too early to tell. At the moment I dare say it’s a great strategy for manual trading although care must be taken when the market is congested.

As promised, I upload some videos where you can see the operation of the EA that I’m developing based on Macfibo.

You have to understand that this EA is not related to the author of the strategy, if the EA does not comply with Macfibo rules is my fault. However if the EA finally works as expected, I have to thank the author of the strategy.

In this first version (0.3) I disabled the detection of support / resistance, because EA does not know yet how to evaluate them. At the moment there is no filter (market hours, news), but it is well to begin to see how open and close trades.

I have still not clear whether I will share the EA or not. There are hundreds of heartless EA vendors have stolen and sold as their own work (even steal free EAs and sell by 30USD), and that’s something that was not going to happen to me. If you do not believe me about evil vendors investigate forex combo system and TFOT, or search for EAs on ebay. Furthermore, this EA will not work for anyone else, because I’m thinking of connecting to a mysql database of supports and resistances to try to improve the decisions of the EA.

Examples of trades (all in open-bars visual backtest, the EA works only at open bars so it is a valid test by now):

More examples

What I will do public is a serious analysys of the strategy to 10 years if I can implement it in accordance with the rules.

If you are after testers let us know :slight_smile:

I take note :13:

Thanks! I thought it was an EA.

I guess the “MATAGOT” is the EA - the one in the video that draws the fibo lines as shown in the post by earquake.

@earquake, will you share the EA soon? =)

@earquake

seems quite a reliable EA in the video…looking forward to it…

Please read that I wrote…

This is not reliable yet, I have only 30% of the implementation. If I publish it now you lose money. The strategy is not implemented, and I guess I will take at least another week to finish at 80%.

And I don’t know yet what I’ll do when I finish the programming if I get positive results.

I will be posting comments about the evolution of the EA, and what I guarantee is a comprehensive analysis so you can work with the confidence that comes from knowing that the strategy is long term profitable.

Anyway, you can take away from your head the idea that an EA, no matter how good it is, you have insured earnings. We must be psychologically prepared to withstand times of drawdown, you’ll need a lot of confidence and knowledge about the strategy that the EA runs.

I agree post your progress and maybe we as a
Community can help with the with ideas etc :slight_smile:

Hi earquake,

Are you creating this EA using sufian’s version 1.2 or just the basic version 1? As sandybeach suggested keep posting your progress and members of the macfibo thread and this thread may be able to helpout one way or another… I believe this will be a great EA.

OMFX

It implements Sufian’s version 1.2. I think that he will release a new version of the strategy soon. I will adapt the EA.

Hello to everybody.

This is the bad side of MA-based systems. It produces a lot false signals that dissappears in the next bar.

See the following images to better explanation:

If you look carefully you will see that there has been a cross (covered by the yellow MA).

At this time the MA Cross dissapeared, an additional bullish cross opens another extra trade.

When I can I’ll try to add a volume filter (only trade when tick vol of previous bar is greater than the 50SMA(Vol)) to attempt to avoid this. But it also happens when there are high volume.

Any idea?