EA Optimization - $300 to $5m

Greetings.

I’m new here but have been trading forex since August 2011. I’ve written about a dozen EA’s and my best one (in terms of ‘assumed/optimized’ profitability) is the simplest. I won’t give away my secret just yet but would like your opinion on the attached back test report. Is this really possible? Would you consider this a good EA?

Forward testing begins on Monday :slight_smile:

You tell us dude, you wrote it :slight_smile:

I think so. Made 174 pips on EURUSD today with this strategy. The losses are small but the wins are big.

That’s all you can ask for.

It will be interesting to see what happens for you on the live testing.

It doesn’t look bad, try a forward test. The only problems I see with the backtest report is that the modeling quality is only 90% (not a lot, especially not for mt4) and 39 mismatched chart errors. Just put it on a demo and see what happens. If it does well then look into setting it up on a small live account and go from there.

The modeling quality shouldn’t be too much of a problem since he’s using the daily and it’s a low winning rate - high reward/risk system, but one should be prepared for a 67% drawdown which is substantial. However I suppose that if it works in other pairs as well, then the drawdown could be reduced by using a basket of pairs.

Will test it on other pairs as well. The biggest problem with this EA IMO is it’s lack of market adaptation. The system is fine when traded manually because one can spot changes in the market and exit early if required. I’ll try some tweaks which will hopefully reduce drawdown.

Did you test it on live demo account?
Please post your experience in live demo or real money account.
It seems to be very profitable strategy - but a little bit slow. To get a profitable trade you may need to wait for a long time.

may u share it to test in 99% ??

40% max drawdown is very high and also the back test isnt 100% accurate …try lowering down the drawdown because your making 5million on a very risky EA lowering the risk means you wont make 5million but you will make 100k …im just being realistic

What ever happened to this EA and your backtesting results?
Do you know why there was no wins or losses in the first half of the testing? No profit or loss in the first 700+ trades looks a bit suspicious…

The EA is obviously exponential, so the profits/losses get bigger as the account grows. The initial half of the trades are so much smaller in size than the latter half that they get scaled down on the graph until they look like a straight line.

Ok, I see… Thanks for clearing that up for me. Does this happen when compounding winnings and choosing lot size as percentage of account?