AvaFX: Scam or not?

After getting burned by several forex brokers including the largest ones, I was introduced to AvaFX by my friend and trade with them for the past 7-8 months.

Customer service is great, and for a medium-size trader ($10,000), I am getting more than I expected.

Withdrawals can take up to 1 week but they always arrive on time, and credit card deposits are instant.

The platform is the best one out there.

Overall, if you are a medium-size trader, AvaFX is definitly worth examining.

It is a good broker and the interface is very good and customer service to but
the only negativ aspect is the link with the server. It fails sometime to log in and you can not run any other program with network

While you all mention things like customer service, platform etc, what about safety of funds? What financial backing do they have, who runs the outfit, where are they registered and how are they regulated. Seems to me these questions come before the ones being asked on this thread

sure your opinion is the right way to think,but for me,since I know the name “refco”, it is not important for me whether any authority my broker familiar, but only if I get my money when I ask for a withdrawl.
my opinion is,that the authoritys and politicals want to keep this market unmanageable for individual people,because they dont want the people to understand how big markets work.
the want to supress normal people like they do the last 200 years,they want that we do our nine to five jobs,not reflect and all believe what they say, and to work for them.
who tells me,that a company with 16 millions capitalized is more likely to scam me than a company wich is capitalized with more than 20 millions?
in germany,the biggest and registred and most regulated firms are the biggest scammers,which stole money on legal ways from the gouvernment(which is hard earned money from the citizens) and destroy thousands of jobs and existence
sorry for offtopic and for the bad english;)

I tried Avafx out and don’t like their platform and service either

1. Be careful when you read very positive threads about brokers. Probably those people connected with them.
  2. Also look at the quantity of the threads on the top right corner for such people. They do not discuss or solve any problems but only advertise themself.
  3. About AvaForex: they don`t have own forum. It is another reason to stay out of them.

There is a reason why this firm is pushed so hard by
the FXthievingBastards. Do a Google search on:

“Avafx forexbastard scam”

Rule#1: Avoid and ignore FXbastards!
Rule#2: If they push it, it is scam.
Rule#3: Ignore FXbastards!

I did a little bit research, but I’m getting a bit confused.

So, are these sites all run but the same group of people?

avafx
forexpeacearmy
forexbastards

and the rest of the sites run by the so called “secretforexsociety”?

There seems to be so many contradicting news and reports on those people and many says that many brokers employ fake users to build up negative reviews against other brokers in the broker ranking system there.

That review site is a joke.
No self-respecting trader
would review such dubious
firm located in a dubious
place so highly. And
so so so way undercapitalized.
Joke of a firm.

I used to like AvaFX, that is, until I tried out Oanda.
You don’t see anyone reviewing or featuring them, and you know why?
because [B]they don’t have an affiliate program[/B]! Nobody would ever profit from promoting them.
but look at their conditions and tell me if they’re not the best out there :stuck_out_tongue:

While searching I found the following:
Some saying that avafx related to fxsolution and forexpeacearmy but I don’t think so…
Avafx owned by someone called David Cohen. He born in Russia in 1928, migrated to Israel in 1948 and Avafx regulated in Israel and registered in Tel Aviv. Is This a Movie? :smiley:
No but this what they are saying about Avafx

I will not talk about ForexPeaceArmy and FxSolution because they have enough scam cases during the last period of time.

Hello sickjue,

All companies have their own marketing strategies. Don’t go on their marketing strategies, know about their tools they are providing like leverage, margin, margin calls for how much debit etc. If going for a online platform at home know about the downloading sped of the software the requirement to download the software on your computer.

If not interested in taking online platform know about their portfolio management services and charges etc. Gain as much as knowledge you can gain about trading and markets, make your own trading strategies. Take help of pivot points, stop losses while you are trading, work out on the daily volumes of the currencies or shares this will help you to know the market condition weather upside or down.

If any mistake please let me know.

Happy trading.

Im sure you have all heard the saying “IF IT IS TRUE GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT PROBABLY IS” - I joined up with AVAFX on the weekend and with my practice account, (using 100,000 K) I made 15 K. Amazing is it not???
AvaFX if real, is a dream come true, but heres the thing, if someone is making money, then the equilibrium law of the universe means that someone has to be losing money also. - That thought alone is scary.

So I conducted some research:
Here is what I found so far (you can try this for your-self): Open your demo account, and also open your real account, via Avatrader. Most people think you cant do this but you actually can. The best time to do this is when the market is closed on the weekend, that way the chart is not moving and you can match up discrepencies easily.

What I found is, although the highs and lows are somewhat the same, there are DEFINITELY discrepencies. There are peaks in the Demo account which are not in the real account, which certainly makes you question why that is.

I am a newbie at ForEX but my background is software engineering and I have a university degree. And all I can say is, I can definitely tell something is not quite right.

The sad part of all this is, AvaFX should not need to scam people. It has set up a business (which is the hardest part) that can make them millions if they were a trustworthy company.

I mean, if the real account did what the demo account does, then we would without a doubt sell our houses to put money in to AVA right? Would not the interest they would earn from having our money in thier accounts make them enough money???

Classic case of stupid people trying to eat more than they can fit in their mouth.

To be honest I am still 50/50 about the integrity of avaFX. I despretely want it all to be true, but chances are it is probably not.

My reasons for joining avaFX are somewhat different from most of you. I already have a sucessful online business, and I just needed a way to tranfer company earnings through paypal to a foreign bank account so that I would avoid taxes in my country. AvaFX has those doorways, paypal ->avaFX ->bank account/debit card. Paypal only lets you withdraw to bank accounts in your own country and that means taxes!

I have just applied for the AvaFX debit card, so I am going to try that out first as getting money out is my primary concern. Trading is secondary.

I am suppose to recieve it in the next 2 weeks so when it arrives and I use it, I will make another post here to let you all know the progress.

Regards,

X.

I am using Avafx’s demo account now ( my first foray into the world of trading) and I must say I like their trading platform. Live chats with their staff is also a pleasant. So far my complain is that the charts only shows you that much of historical data; for example the 5mins chart only shows past data up to 8hrs only. This I feel will not help traders whose trading strategy requires ‘large’ historical data. Any comments on this point is most welcomed!
But you’re right tonymand, safety of fund seems to be lacking here. As I understand the status is pending as far as becoming an NFA member is concerned.

“I have used this broker for about 2 years on and off. Most of the time, the experience has been very good. Recently, I traded a very small account up by 5000% in about 3 months (I am experienced trader, please know it). Because I’ve never fully trusted them I’ve always traded minis with them. Consistently, I have made account gains of 300% to 6000%. At which I time I start overleveraging and blowing up these accounts. So whilst I can say that it is possiblyto build a mini account with this broker, I’ve never trusted that when I go to withdraw I will actually be paid anything, however it is as attractive as any broker and certainly far better in terms of being able to trade that FXCM .”

This is an honest note from a trader buddy of mine. We are not related to the company.

This was my story in avafx. I want to withdraw my money ($ 509) and they only send me $ 409 and they charge another $ 100 from my credit card for my second withdrawal!!! They just steal $ 100 every withdrawal and I just found out later. The process take about a month to withdraw. And about the “bonus” they said they gave me, beware, because they will deducted again from your account. I had enough with them. Easy in bleeding out!!!:mad:

As a matter of interest:

Did you simply ‘accept’ these deductions / charges or did you ask them for an explanation and, if you DID ask them for an explanation, then what WAS their explanation???

Also: are you withdrawing to your CREDIT CARD or did you apply for and receive an AVAFX Debit MasterCard (from Payoneer)??? The reason I ask this is because Payoneer DOES have fees associated with the use of the card and these fees have nothing at all to do with AVAFX (and I’m not saying that this IS the case i.e. I have some very good reasons for wanting to know what ‘the whole story’ is here).

Regards,

Dale. (forexbrokersonline.net).

Just wanted to point out that AVAFX is run out of the British Virgin Islands, plus some sort of “logistics office” on Cyprus.

Willingly or not, they have certainly managed to stay away from any sort of respectable regulatory authorities…

For this reason, I would never in my life trust them with my money.
I prefer losing it on my own :wink:

LOL!!!

Well put!!!

Seriously though: they’ve offered me an IB agreement but before I get anywhere CLOSE to either recommending new clients or suggest to existing clients to open accounts at AVA I need to be sure of what’s ‘going on’. Ordinarily I’d not even consider another broker i.e. we all trade with either Deltastock and / or GCI Financial and we’re all EXTREMELY happy. The thing is though: AVA offers loads of commodities as well as many of the ‘exotic’ pairs which we are not able to trade at either Delta or GCI so that’s the reason for the interest. I sincerely hope that they’re NOT a ‘bucket shop’ because they’re going to be in for a big surprise i.e. these people don’t lose money!!!

Regards,

Dale. (forexbrokersonline.net).

I have had an AVAFX account for a year. Funding was instant on my credit card, $5000. I stupidly over margined myself and amazingly turned that into $90,000. I withdrew $5000 back on my credit card, I believe it was instant. The second $5000 came out of my AVA account instantly, but after 4 weeks of waiting for the second $5000 to be credited to my credit card, I blew up my account and I didn’t think I was going to see anything for profits. Turns out they can’t put more money on credit cards than they charged, and the second $5000 had to come through paypal. But they did not relay this information to me through my dozen phone calls (which got only answering services that didn’t know anything), nor my emails. The ‘call backs’ from account managers could only happen wile I was at work, without a phone. I like their sound effects, I play music on my computer, leave the AVA software running, and I will hear when my orders are executed, My computer actually says “limit order executed”. I would say that their charting software is newbe friendly, easy to understand, with videos to teach you, But I have moved on to MT4 charts. Metatrader is much more powerful, and widely used.
Hope that helps
Malcolm