Which is your best broker? - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenjon View Post
    Totally, in my opinion it has something to do with Alpari being the largest MT broker - they are working closely with MetaQuotes on all new features and implement them first among other brokers. Speaking of this no-deposit ECN account - it's a bargain. Can't think of any other broker which would give you opportunity to work on ECN with such a low entry cost.
    Yep, and the more people break from these Instant execution habits - the better

Quote Originally Posted by everydayTP View Post
    Yep, and the more people break from these Instant execution habits - the better
    Well they do their best to repair this horrible mess of a reputation they have right now, we should use these deals while they are available

I tend not to classify brokers but as long as I have one broker that meets my demands am ready to work with them, I am working with FreshForex and they have no minimum deposits, instant execution and narrow floating spread from 0p which is really satisfying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by piplex View Post
    I tend not to classify brokers but as long as I have one broker that meets my demands am ready to work with them, I am working with FreshForex and they have no minimum deposits, instant execution and narrow floating spread from 0p which is really satisfying for me.
    How long have you been with them?
    You've only just joined and have been asking about brokers, so why recommend FF so soon?

these brokers are the most trusted OANDA, FxPro UK, Forex.com, FXCM and XM

Quote Originally Posted by pipspips1 View Post
    haha, the biggest yes but not necessarily the best ones. They either have quite large spreads or commissions. I wouldn't think, big is better when it comes to FX brokers.

FxPro should NOT be on any trusted listings. They can't even process a simple declined transaction. I had my deposit declined, and I'm still waiting for over 2 weeks now to get my money back. If that's your definition of trustworthy, best not let your guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by pipspips1 View Post

"Most trusted" by whom?! Not by anyone who's done much due diligence, for sure. Oanda is the only one on that list that I'd touch with a bargepole, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by isomorph View Post
    guys, i am astonished by the lack of knowledge on this forum. so let me please help clarify so that this issue can be put to rest once and for all.

the question is: 'Which is your best broker?'

the question should be: 'How do you determine which broker is best?'

FACT1: the majority of retail traders will lose everything.

FACT2: a brokerage is a business, therefore not a charity, therefore exists for one reason only: NOT TO HELP YOU, BUT TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE BROKERAGE.

FACT3: knowing FACT1, many brokers are tempted to pocket the client losses as a profit for the broker instead of passing the orders straight through to the LPs and let someone else make the profit.

knowing all this, the ANSWER is:

---> A BROKER THAT WILL NOT BE TEMPTED TO POCKET THE PROFIT COMING FROM ITS CLIENTS' LOSSES KNOWING THAT MOST OF ITS CLIENTS WILL LOSE ANYWAY <---

so whether the broker offers an ECN venue or not, whether it is STP or not, is all irrelevant because underneath, the broker software keeps track of statistics on all its clients. this helps the broker categorize its clients and decide which client should be on the B-book (market maker model) and which client should be on the A-book (agency model, also sometimes DMA model but DMA could be implemented differently than the agency model, but either way, the broker is never the counterpart to your trades, whereas it is in the B-book model; now, you can have ECN brokers that have to be the counterpart to each of your trades (for hedging purposes and/or legal requirements between them and their prime broker who is extending the credit lines to your broker so that you and other retail trader can trade) but will not act as a market maker; so you see, you can have ECN with thee also broker the counterpart to all your trades, in which case the question becomes: will the broker be tempted?)

so if you can determine whether your broker will be tempted, then you will know. if you cannot, then you will not know if they trade against you. unless, of course, they tell you in the legal documents.

also, having the broker on the other side of the trade does not mean it is a problem. it becomes a problem if the broker becomes tempted to cheat you because they lose too much money and don't have a way to hedge the trade risk.

so there are market makers who will not cheat the client. instead, once they realize their clients become to good and win more than the broker, the broker will hedge this client risk with external LPs (liquidity providers) BUT if they do not have the software infrastructure or prime broker/bank relationships to access external LPs, then they cannot and will have to cheat the clients by manipulating the price feed to either trigger stop losses, margin calls, requotes, and so on.

now, i hope this whole issue is clear once and for all.

All that being said, did you actually have any recommendations for decent brokers?

Hello, this is my first post here at baby pips.

I've been using eToro for a few weeks. I opened a live account with $600 and in a few days I earn $300 extra. I was monitoring one of my trades where I was loosing. I had a stop loss near the current price. While I was monitoring, the current price hit my SL but suddenly my SL changed so it didn't hit the SL. Then again, the price hit the new SL, but the SL changed a few pips, until I manually closed my position.

Do you think eToro was cheating on me because I was doing well on their platform? I still have my funds there so I don't want to complain to them because I want to make sure I can withdraw the money I made.

Forum Sponsors