Which is your best broker?

[QUOTE=“Arbitrager on Acid;678965”] You use their ForexTrader platform or are you on MT4?[/QUOTE] I do not like their desktop trading platform. I do like their mobile trading app for my phone though. I have always used trading view on my desktop for charting, then use the mobile app for trade execution. I also run MT4 through my phone as well, lately I have found that most of my charting can be done with that app now that I’m using the iPhone 6 plus with a bigger screen.

Unless there is an event like the CHF drama, then your cash is actually safer with the market makers. Instead of choosing between the different types of dealers, I am going to just get accounts with all.

I have not tried the MT4 phone app yet. Guess I need to step up the game there.

[QUOTE=“Arbitrager on Acid;678976”] I have not tried the MT4 phone app yet. Guess I need to step up the game there.[/QUOTE] It is REALLY nice… Especially but not limited to the bigger phones.

I funded a Forex.com account today. I put off doing that too long.

This is an overview of the profitability of the traders with at US broker firms.

As you can see forex.com (Gain Capital) is the bottom of the barrel only just beating MB trading for the last place.

Now this might be because their clients are worse traders than the other companies or it could be because they are a market maker and trades against their clients or it could be a mix of both or other things.

In the end though the numbers don’t lie.

What are you saying the numbers are not lying about? Do you think that trading with dealers with whom a greater number of the traders trading with them are winning increases one’s chance of winning also and vice versa?

I plan to fund accounts with others. Perhaps Oanda and MB Trading next. I want to diversify my exposure to dealers.

My guess is that they are going to be attracting the most new traders, and thus have a lower account profitability stat … This would be mainly due to their fortuitous name being the first to come up with any Google search. Let’s not try to assume a causal relationship.

Also they experienced a 4% drop from the previous quarter… Which means they would have been squarely in the middle of the pack the previous quarter.

As I said one of the reasons is most likely that the people trading with the highest profit % brokers are more knowledgeable but things like trading technology, execution, spreads etc could also play a role.

According to that list: Oanda, Gain, IBFX, FXCM, and MB Trading are all within 11.8% of their mean (pretty darn alike). The other two, Interactive and Citi are obviously more at almost 37% above the mean at the most. Citi has a $10,000.00 minimum deposit which will automatically should turn people most likely to lose away. That would also explain their substantially lower number of accounts at just 630. Interactive Brokers offers access to equities, bonds, futures, options, and on loads of exchanges like the BATS, the CBOT, the NYSE, and tons more. So most of the people trading there are probably using forex as an after party.

So frankly, I don’t see anything in that data that would suggest that the dealer has much if anything to do with the rate of success among the traders.

Hi everybody

Does anybody heard of FreshForex broker ??
I did some research based on my friend’s recommendations and i find that they offer quite good conditions , especially for traders that wants to start with limited amount live to test and try.
Some opinions?

Hello,

I think there is no absolute ‘best broker’, it’s different for every trader. The best choice depends on mainly on your trading style and on your preferences.
Of course, trading cost is always an important factor, so you should check that first.

To calculate your exact trading cost, I’d suggest you to check out the TradeProofer site (tradeproofer.com).
The advantage of this site that it runs a 360° cost calculation, besides spread and commission it includes also such implicit costs like swap mark-up and conversion loss.

And remember, a good spread doesn’t always mean a cheap broker.
Hope this helps and makes your decision easier.

My opinion is Capitaloneforex.com. because they are giving tight spreads and no re-quotes when trading. especially lightning fast trades with very low slippage on high volatility. and the best part i liked is they are giving re-bates upto $10. and also they are providing free $100 credit for newbies under some conditions. my rating is 4.5/5. good luck!

There is no doubt that each broker has its own advantages and disadvantages…

Personally, I like FreshForex, very flexible with limit orders and they have cell alerts, also, stable web based software and pays interest well, personally… i haven’t tried many out there, but these two have done the job nicely…

I’ve also used EFX Group… The software takes a bit to learn, but once you get it you can put in some pretty cool trades.

I will completely agree with Osanograham, it is hard to say any broker is perfect because pick anyone, it is always going to have negative review or something you might not be happy with, so I just say go with broker that’s best for you, it might not be even good for others. I have traded with many brokers with others suggestion, but I never got much rewards from it, so now I selected one by my own in Octafx, I believe it’s perfect for me, so always search for broker with putting your strong points upfront instead of just blindly going with any company.

My trading experience with [B]CMTrading[/B] has been very satisfactory and my account manager is most helpful - it has been 3months since I have trading with this forex broker and so far there is nothing negative i could say about them. So I guess this can be your best broker to sign up with!!

yeah but Capital One Forex, a scam company that will not pay any profit or even refund traders deposit
and Capital one forex still owe me $500 not including profit

poor scammer., always looking for victims to covers their expenses, servers, hosting, and lifestyle…
always advertising your broker, capital one forex scam, to get new traders throw their money into your pocket. why do not use google adwords to promote your scam scheme capital one forex?lack of money?

but thx capital one forex, after scammed by you ,

i found monex, Tickmill, and Millenium that 10000% better than yours,and always pay my withdrawal .with resonable spreads and commisions.

There is no doubt, every broker has its best and its worsts, personally, I like FreshForex, (very flexible with limit orders and they have cell alerts) and stable web based software and pays interest well) personally… i haven’t tried many out there, but this one have done the job nicely…

I never had any problem with FreshForex. Dealing Rates and live trading available 24/7. Tight spread is something that I like too, euro 1.5pip, and usdjpy almost 2pips and more. So I think its easier for trading.

Whatever broker you chose, make sure you don’t fall for somebody’s scam of pretending to be a legitimate broker, like these two pretending to be the UK broker Atom8 Financial Services. I had no idea this was a thing, but then again I shouldn’t have been so surprised.