Which is your best broker?

Totally, in my opinion it has something to do with Alpari being the largest MT broker - they are working closely with MetaQuotes on all new features and implement them first among other brokers. Speaking of this no-deposit ECN account - it’s a bargain. Can’t think of any other broker which would give you opportunity to work on ECN with such a low entry cost.

Yep, and the more people break from these Instant execution habits - the better :slight_smile:

Well they do their best to repair this horrible mess of a reputation they have right now, we should use these deals while they are available :slight_smile:

I tend not to classify brokers but as long as I have one broker that meets my demands am ready to work with them, I am working with FreshForex and they have no minimum deposits, instant execution and narrow floating spread from 0p which is really satisfying for me.

How long have you been with them?
You’ve only just joined and have been asking about brokers, so why recommend FF so soon?

these brokers are the most trusted OANDA, FxPro UK, Forex.com, FXCM and XM

haha, the biggest yes but not necessarily the best ones. They either have quite large spreads or commissions. I wouldn’t think, big is better when it comes to FX brokers.

FxPro should NOT be on any trusted listings. They can’t even process a simple declined transaction. I had my deposit declined, and I’m still waiting for over 2 weeks now to get my money back. If that’s your definition of trustworthy, best not let your guard down.

“Most trusted” by whom?! :eek: Not by anyone who’s done much due diligence, for sure. Oanda is the only one on that list that I’d touch with a bargepole, myself.

All that being said, did you actually have any recommendations for decent brokers?

Hello, this is my first post here at baby pips.

I’ve been using eToro for a few weeks. I opened a live account with $600 and in a few days I earn $300 extra. I was monitoring one of my trades where I was loosing. I had a stop loss near the current price. While I was monitoring, the current price hit my SL but suddenly my SL changed so it didn’t hit the SL. Then again, the price hit the new SL, but the SL changed a few pips, until I manually closed my position.

Do you think eToro was cheating on me because I was doing well on their platform? I still have my funds there so I don’t want to complain to them because I want to make sure I can withdraw the money I made.

Thanks Tania… Unfortunately I didn’t record a video because in the meantime I was loosing pips :slight_smile:
I have already filled a support ticket about it. Let’s see what they say

I used to like eToro… or at least it is my first forex experience. I have now entered Hot Forex. All forex brokers seem identical when they rely on Metatrader platform. Now I have to understand the stuff about lots… in eToro you just type the amount in $ you want to invest and the leverage on each trade. Your SL cannot be bigger than the invested amount. It’s very simple. But I can’t trust them anymore. Hope I can withdraw my funds without problems.
I’ll take a look on OctaFX.

Hi
Why cant you trade on the news with them thats my main stratagy.

Thanks Justin

Answered here.

(Apologies: you’ve asked basically the same thing in three different threads and I probably replied in the wrong one! :8: ).

I like Freshforex fair bit but to be honest, I like their bonus more :smiley: as they are offering 75% for my 600 deposit, I like it a lot since I am generally a bonus lover due to my highly risky style of trading!

Bonuses are a [B]huge red flag[/B] about a “broker”, for account opening, Kieron.

Genuine brokerages can’t and don’t give bonuses. Bonuses are offered by counterparty market-makers who are pretending to be brokers, because of the type of inexperienced clients their business model revolves around specifically attracting. Trading through such “brokers” imposes a significant handicap on their customers (as can be seen and proven by comparing the proportions of winning/losing account-holders at those “brokers” with their proportions at genuine brokerages, whenever independently audited figures are published).

The result of that is that their customers almost never actually manage to benefit from the bonuses, other than perhaps by lasting longer before they blow their accounts and move to another new “broker” to qualify for another “bonus”, and they end up circulating around such lightly regulated “brokers” without ever becoming steadily profitable traders at all, and sometimes without really understanding why.

This may help you. :wink:

I don’t altogether “blame” them, but it always saddens me to see them stacking the deck against themselves so much, by so misguidedly choosing to use that type of broker.

In a field of endeavour with such low overall success-rates, few can realistically afford to be putting themselves under such a disadvantage at the outset. This is among the things that actively prevent them from ever having any real chance of [U][I]becoming[/I][/U] the “serious trader” you’re talking about, Tania.

The irony of the situation is that they’re [I][U][B]exactly[/B][/U][/I] the ones without enough understanding and experience to understand why.

That’s why it’s so easy for these companies to pretend to be brokers, trade against their own customers, and gradually take all their money. It doesn’t matter to them if they offer “bonuses” because [I]it’s only theoretical money that they almost never actually pay out at all[/I].

OK finally I’m out of etoro and signed up on ICMARKET. I love the cTrader platform!

Hi All,

New to the Forex world so I need to find a good platform. So after reading the difference between retail brokers & ECN. Can anyone recommend a market maker broker using a hybrid model who will move a trader from the B-book (trading against you) to A-book once it becomes clear that this trader wins more than he loses?

Cheers
Will

CTFC just filed a civil enforcement action against FXCM in a US court, accusing them of undercapitalization, failure to timely report its undercapitalization violation, and guaranteeing against customer losses at the time of the crisis with the Swiss franc (CHF) in early 2015.
I am kind of confused why this is happening so late after the fact. Also, what happens now?