Which is your best broker?

HI folks. I’m new here and glad to be here!!

For me, I use MB Traders. I still consider myself a “newbie” to all this Forex “stuff” but, the options offered by MB Traders seems to be never ending.

Spreads are low, response to questions are quick, and response to questions on the phone have been great! The support here is what I like best. But, then again, the low spreads, well, kind of speak for themselves.

Newbies to Forex trading have said, the trading platform with MBT is very intimidating. I have to agree; at first! Once you get used to it, you can’t trade without it! Here again, the options you have in trading.

What does the MB stand for? I’d like to Google it and do some research. Thanks for your input!

My best broker is Oanda.

im looking for a good broker and i would like to know why Oanda is so good? also im looking for a good micro account.
i was looking at fxsol and instabank fx. is instabank trustworth?

I never had any problem with Oanda. Dealing Rates and live trading available 24/7. Tight spread is something that I like too, euro 1.5pip, and usdjpy almost 2pips and more. So I think its easier for trading. Except that one down side is the leverage max 50:1. That seems to fit me to control my risk to the smallest extent.

Sorry I took so long to respond to your question 4xfanatic. Work for me this time of year is non-stop! Good for over time but the pits for family time.

ANYWAY!! Just google “MB Trading” and you should find it.

To be completely truthful, I’m not really sure what the MB stands for. Maybe initials of one of the owners?

MB = Manhattan Beach, CA

That is where they are located. I use their EFX arm and Oanda both. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

FXChant
Singing the world of forex

As we have different types of forex traders, same thing is all kinds of brokers. This is what i did, I opened over different demo account, tried it all and decide for yourself which one is good.

for non-US traders, and would like to try forex trading ASAP could try marketiva. They’re adequate enough with basic analysis, signal, and alert. They’ve got an irc-like discussion channel and free $5 to start live trading immediately.
I’ve tried their platform, convenient enough to transform $5 to a fat $40 :smiley:

The nice thing is they accept e-gold, not much platform includes this payment method.

MB is good for the GBP with their low spread. Oanda, well, probably good enough for just about anything else (Except NFP)

I really like Oanda, not just because of the good spreads but the java platform is nice and has enough indicators for me to trade simple strategies. I also love how you can use their demo for as long as you want and you can reset the balance whenver you want.

If you’re looking for a broker to screw over during trades then any number of retail market makers that offer limit orders are available. IF you want to trade the proper mkt then go to an professional ecn like currenex/lava/hotspot/baxter or fx futures. Good luck getting fills on them though … you will most likley be too slow.

Also, if your trades are med/long term that dont require any orders getting filled during periods of high volatility then any of the mainstream ecns like ib or efx are fine. If you are trying to trade aroudn news (which I again must advise against unles you know exactly what you’re doing) then there really is only one platform worth using whcih is cnx. Findinf a suitable prime broker is seperate problem altogether, while most are comparable wrt liquidty and comms, you shodl really stay away from the fxcm cnx platform

I have accounts with Oanda and IB.

Oanda has tighter spreads and computes interest on the account as well as the trades. If you have large account this could be meaningful. They do have low margin ratio margin 50:1 or less, this is limiting but some may find security in it. They do not have trailing stops and their platform is dependable, but no in bells and whistles.

I like the metatrader platform so I also have account with Interbank FX. I do not like them as well as Oanda. The marginr atio is higher, but the platform is not as stable…it cuts out sometimes, unpredictably, and the spreads are less stable, they seem to increase whenever volatility increases, even if not news time ( Oanda almost never increases speads except at news time or low volume times), this can be a problem if you have tight stops. Overall they are OK, especially for longer term trading.

Overall I like Oanda better and over time will probably migrate to them completely. IB has a very good demo account that can be used for charting using metatrader and real trading done with other broker. .

Oanda is as basic as it comes :slight_smile: Also no hedging.

OandA …#1

I heard IB is an ECN broker, so the reason why the spread widen during news release might be that the banks who provide the quotes widen their own spread.

Fixed spread and no commission frighten me more than changing spread. Where do market makers make their money? It’s because they trade against their customers.

Oanda is good for pre-school traders who trades with their piggy bank money.

But if you are a seasoned trader with a large account, a broker with the currenex platform is the only way to go.

Or if you have successfully passed the pre-school then most of the popular market makers are fine as long as you dont trade the news.

:slight_smile:

Marketiva is my best broker and im glad to be a client.
I like the flexible quantity, no interest and no slippage that they have, they help me a lot with my style of trading.

Looks like we got a Marketiva cheerleader here :slight_smile: