Easy Forex, Oanda and IFCM, Which is the best?

Hallo guys, I have some accounts in the main FOREX companies, but I want to open one more new account in another FOREX trading. I’ve already seen some FOREX companies official site and came to conclusion (but to my personal taste) that I want to choose one company from these companies. There companies have their own advantages.

So, I want to hear your comments, impressions, critics, offers etc. about these companies. I hope your opinions help me to choose the company.

Thank you very much and hope for your answers.

Easyforex
Gain Capital
IFC Markets

Hi There

Ive used oanda fx trade for many years easy to understand also the best spreads.

Regards
James

I have an account with capital gain(Forex.com)for almost 8 months.No problem but I have no other experience to compair:p

Than you for reply, james and mike1349. Can you tell me about the advantages of these companies more in detail?

Hello Evelyn,

If you are from the United States (can’t tell, perhaps the “Hallo” is an accent :slight_smile: ), then EasyForex probably isn’t an option for you at this time. I had tried to sign up with their affiliate SimpleForex and EasyForex and neither would work for me.

Oanda I still have a few dollars in my account there, but really don’t like the trading platform - I personally found it harder than systems using MT4 or other platforms. They do have lower spreads but lower leverage as well if that is important to you. You can fund an account with a very small amount of money, they say any amount even a dollar. Can’t complain on getting my money in and out other than a bit of a fee on the Paypal payment perhaps I would put more in at a time to water that down if I go back to them. If you think you might use them definately check out the demo version FX Game first and see if you like the way they work before funding a live account. I do plan on playing with the little bit of money I have left, perhaps if I use a different platform to chart.

I haven’t used the others mentioned. Best to you.

Moin mdietlich. Nope, I’m neither from the US nor Germany. :wink:

Thank you for your reply. I have one account of OANDA now with some ten dollars, too. So I understand all what you wrote to me. I’m sorry that I wrote the title not rightly. In fact it should be Gain Capital. Indeed there are little differences between different forex companies and it’s very hard to choose one of them.

In this time I want to try day trade a little, so I want a good platform / platforms with different tools of technical analysis. Of course, we can see the technical analyses in the Internet, but I want to become more independent and try to analyse the market on my own.

In connection with day trade I don’t want any commission for trade and quick money transfer as e-gold or paypal. It’s enough that the leverage is from 50 to 100, so too large leverage is dangerous for a deposit and our nerves. :smiley:

And it’s very important that the company has steady and stable server.

Its 2 things

1/ The spread mean’s more money in your pocket

2/ a honest and reliable as you will find and very good customer service

Thats what i have found

Regards
James

I am going to use oanda fx - I have seem my friends
using it and recommended this just like what John said
I remember he said they are reliable and less comm.

I’ve been happy with both Oanda and FXCM, they each have their strong points and flaws. Both are reputable brokers in my opinion/experience.

Hello thank you all for your reply.

As for Oanda I used it and have nothing against what you wrote. As for FXCM I’m sure that it’s a good, well-known company, but I want to use in this time some original and less well-known company. So sometimes less well-known companies give original services.

As james said, customer service is one of important points. Especially when I start using a company, I have lots of questions and have to contact with company’s consultants. By the way, what company’s customer service is better (from your experience)? It’s desirable to write your personal experiences.

P.S. If you can, please write good/strong/bad etc. points “more in detail”. Thank you in advance.

Sure thing.

[B]FXCM: [/B]

I used to use FXCM. I like their platform a lot, more then any other platform I’ve ever used.

I’ve only had fair dealings with them, not those horror stories like you hear on forexbastards. I was stopped out one time on a trade and when I checked my charts, I saw the price never even reached that level. So I contacted them, within a few hours I was called and told it was due to a bad tick, and to reopen my position at market, and I will be credited the difference to my account to make it as if I was never stopped out. I placed the trade and was promptly credited back.

Their customer service is excellent, the best I’ve experienced with any forex broker. You can speak with them via email, online chat, or telephone and ask them any kind of forex related question. I prefer to have a dealing desk as I am unable to access the platform from my work computer.

The main reason I don’t use them anymore is they don’t have all the currency pairs I like to trade and they don’t pay interest on your deposit. I was told they’re looking to have more currency pairs, including NOK, in the near future. As soon as they have NOK available, I will be switching back to them. I would like to see Gold available as well, but they’ve told me due to regulations that won’t be happening anytime soon.

It would also be nice if FXCM paid interest on your deposit, but they don’t. However, they recently changed their policy and now allow you to earn rollover interest with 400:1 margin. I plan to keep the majority of my money in a money market account with my bank, and only fund my trading account with what is necessary to trade whatever position I’m currently in. This will also keep the majority of my funds safe and insured.

[B]OANDA:[/B]

I’m currently with Oanda and they are pretty good, the low spread is nice, although I often place my trades during the evening, EST. Their spreads are sometimes more or comparable to fxcm’s at that time.

I do wish they had trailing stops and a bit more order type options. The platform is really advanced with some features such as unit sizing, displaying profit/loss, etc. But so far behind with order types and their integrated charting. They also do not have a dealing desk, many will consider that a plus…but I do not. Their customer service is okay, nothing extraordinary. There has been once recent incident that made me question Oanda, there was an accidental 200pip spread on GBP/JPY. Accidents like that should not happen. They have a good forum there for the most part, but anyone can partake in that…not only oanda customers.

I prefer to use the more well known because of financial stability and a smaller chance of fraud.

Hopefully my reply answers most of your questions, feel free to ask more if you have any.

Forex.com (by Gain Capital)

Forex.com seems to be quite reputable as well… I’ve been trading on the demo for a while, they seem to be extremely stable. They also seem to be very helpful - talked to one of their support staff a week ago :slight_smile:

Oanda and IFCM seem to be popular, but to be honest i was nicely surprised by easy-forex.com

Friendly staff, 24hrs Dealing Room support helps you establish good relationship

especially dealing room support is amazing. you can contact them at any time, place deals in your account, even get an update on the latest events in the market or alert you on upcoming news/indicators. If you get lucky, you may get a good tip of where market is heading :slight_smile:

What i like mostly about this service is that even when you experience tech problems, internet , pc break down (which i believe happens to everybody) or other reasons prevent you from accessing your account on line, there is always a way to access your account or place a deal. I m pretty sure market won’t wait for your pc to get back in place to make a move

give it a try :wink:

Dear Evelyn,

First, I wish u success in FX trading.

I have been trading with Easy Forex for 3 years and started as a beginner. The easy platform, friendly & helpful staff made the difference. The market is tough but service makes it easier. Especially, fter the basic training to start, I upgraded my account and received a very valuable service “Personal Dealer Service” that had a very good impact on my success rate: info eco and technical reports, advise, a lot of support, data release sms, Dealing Room Communication/Trading, 3 pips at best case, rates on my cell/mobile, a lot of admin assistance.

In case u feel like needing this, I m sure u ll appreciate my reply a lot.

All the best

SOCRATES

Hello.

I have used the Forex.com for a few months… And heres my personal opinion on why I think its simply the best.

1. Website - What difference on forex.com from a lot of other websites is… the whole website layout. I seriously would never consider applying for a brokerage whose website looks like crap, and bunch of MESS. Forex.com is very simple, and PROFESSIONAL.

2. Platforms - Forex.com offeres Java-Based platform, and also HTML Based platform, and now a downloadable platform which is WAY awesome, but I still stick to java platform because it is SIMPLE, CLEAN, and once again… PROFESSIONAL. I seriously think fxcm platform is a mess, too much black, and I dont like the style.

3. Spreads - People will go all around looking for dozens of brokers… to see which one offers the smallest spreads. Let me tell you this… I think I would rather get a broker with ‘medium’ spreads, for when I trade, I dont make money trading 6 pips and making money off 3. I simply think its a dumb arguement, because when the market rises 50 pips, those 2 pips that you saved from your broker will not gain you millions… not even enough to consider switching to the broker. That is simply a trashy way to make you want to trade on another broker.

4. Customer Support - Very friendly, almost instant. 24/7 Customer support, I think it beats the rest.

I would give Forex.com 9/10.

More improvements CAN be done, but overall its great, and I think it beats the rest.

Note that this is my personal opinion, and that this is how it works best for me.

i tried the java platform and found it lacking. I couldn’t place a stop loss on an existing order. couldn’t modify an existing trade. the only option was to close the trade.

Hi,

I’m going to open an account at Forex.com with $5000 deposit, may I use your name as a referrer? We both will get $250 each from them as a bonus.

Thanks

I have a personal experience with them . They gullible , they real need money and they can even take advantage of you when you are new. They demo trade with real money. When I asked them why? They said they have no time to play in demos!!!

Am even crying …pliz pliz stay away!!!

if someone is trading with tiny accounts, going with a retail broker like the ones mentioned shouldn’t be a problem. When you start trading bigger or being very profitable, they will start playing games with your accounts. Anyone serious about trading should trade with ECNs. Trading with any retail broker, your success depends on their control. If you make too much, they will shut you down or make you lose. Bucketshops will always be bucketshops.

Now what does ECN stand for!

I am in Australia, a tightly regulated place. I do not have any of the troubles you describe.

I trade on a GFT platform with dial-up internet (46kb/s) and have never had the slightest bit of difficulty.

I do not use Java and have only very recently downloaded it.

The KISS principle applies very well to me.:slight_smile:

Regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.