What are the most important factors when choosing a Broker? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawson71 View Post
    There are always gullible individuals that can be ripped off. Forex trading is becoming more and more popular, so the influx of potential victims is ever increasing, unfortunately.The FCA even reports that the amount of scam alerts has risen sharply lately, which isn't surprising, but is still very worrying. People need to be really careful when they pick a broker.
    yes,. people must not fall into marketing gimmick like deposit bonus that can lead us into unable conditions to withdrawal or profit or even deposit

and the second, do not lazy to read brokers trading conditons and term of services, and pay attention with broker restrictions, if you do not want to have negative experience.

i read tickmill terms and conditions before opened an account with them and asked their support too, were they had any trading restrictions, and they said no, which is true so far .
    at least i can trade the news and they never cancel my profit

Guys,

I read this post with interest. I know there are alot of brokers as everyone is into the game nowdays and if you google forex you will see tons of information which you have to weave through. With that said no one has listed any reputable brokers on this thread. How do you guys check whether they are licensed and regulated? As many of you know anyone can lie so where does one go to check if a broker is regulated? And by the wau I am in the US, what broker is regulated in the US?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Actually paying out withdrawals. Bottom line.

I can workaround all other things they throw at me.

Do not choose company with dubious title
    Do not choose company with high fixed spreads and with high leverage (more than 1:500)

It's hard to highlight just one thing. It's a portfolio of things. I found the most detailed and organized info here. List, country of origin, regulation, minimum deposit, site and contacts, platform.

Quote Originally Posted by geline View Post
    Make sure you register in a large broker with proven record of reliability.
    Make sure of the broker's credibility and they must have a very accessible support desk.
    Is there anything wrong with Cypriot regulations or is this just hot air?

go for large FCA or ASIC regulated broker and stay away from all brokers which are regulated in Cyprus, Belize, Seychelles or any other dodgy offshore regulator..

Seriously though, if you're trading with a Belize regulated broker, you deserve to not be able to withdraw your money... Darwinism.

Choose an ASIC regulated broker and you will never have any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deresel View Post
    It's hard to highlight just one thing. It's a portfolio of things. I found the most detailed and organized info here. List, country of origin, regulation, minimum deposit, site and contacts, platform.
    Mm, being able to make a comparison is actually a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mastergame View Post
    go for large FCA or ASIC regulated broker and stay away from all brokers which are regulated in Cyprus, Belize, Seychelles or any other dodgy offshore regulator..
    It could be worse, you know. You could pick a broker from a country where there's no regulation whatsoever. Didn't Russia introduce licensing from the beginning of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mastergame View Post
    Absolutely! Even strongly regulated countries, like the UK, have report scam brokers. The UK’s financial watchdog, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), issued on Thursday a notice regarding a sharp increase in the number of consumer reports about unauthorized brokers in the country

Forum Sponsors