What are the most important factors when choosing a Broker?

hello, doest it means MM (delaing desk or non dealing desk) must agaist us(trader)?
it seem like not MUST …
can u explain detail. Y it always agiast trader?
Thanks
:smiley:

What brokerage would you recommend that doesn’t do this? I’m new and would like to start out with such a company.

I live in the US.

The most important factor for me is the SPREADS. I use etxcapital. love it but FXCM …the spreads are tighter. I wonder if there can be a mix of FXCM and Etx capital. I like etxcpaital as they are user friendly and the layout is good but I also like FXCM beacuse of the tight spreads. :slight_smile:

Here are some tips when choosing a broker:
babypips: forex broker guide
forex office: How to choose a forex broker
I think the topic is sufficiently depleted in these two articles.

This is not really true:

1. Stop hunting is done by widening the spread, this is done either by people (sometimes on commission to do so) “Dealing Desk” Or it is done via software “NDD”, with which you would set a price distance that the computer could “span” so as to hit a stop.

2. ECN does not mean that the broker is not betting against you, it means you pay commission based fee instead of spread integrated fee. ECN by actual definition means that you would be filled by other traders, in practice this is extremely rare, in fact I have not found one that actually does this with out 3k per month fee… So ECN in most brokerages means the fee structure of an ECN service. But, the great thing about ECN is that all broker tricks are blazingly obvious when you only see the raw spread, the larger the spread the more a broker can hide his tricks, and there are many.

I am a authority on the subject, this is not conspiracy theory, nor should you argue this. this is fact, I am director of Pellucid FX Offshore Forex Brokerage. I know the tricks, I have the standard brokerage software, and in fact, in my brokerage, all tricks settings are turned to “off”

For me the most important is the promptness of deposit and withdrawal procedures. Among other factors are trading conditions: minimum amount of deposit, maxumum leverage, spreads, swap, etc. I also take under consideration the existence of as many as possible contact means.

It’s impossible to determine what’s important for me, you or the guy next door. Each one of us requires different aspects and decisions should be based on research according to your trading style.

I’ve trade and making money in liteforex broker, they never against us and they are very fair…

There are lot of important factors to consider when choosing a broker. First, we should look into the broker’s review to see if they have good history and record. secondly, the broker should be reliable and reasonable when it comes to services and trading conditions. In addition, they should be saved and secured in terms of segregation of funds. I did a proper research and went through review before I started trading with profiforex, and I can’t help but to say I’m really satisfied with their nice services they offer there, especially their charges that is not hidden. All the commissions and fees are clearly stated in (Trading condition page).

Of course, choosing a broker is a really hard task and there are a lot of factors to be considered. It’s a trial and error until you find the one’s suited for you. And I’m glad after a not so good experience with 2 brokerage at last I am working satisfactorily with loyalforex and 1lotstp.

I think the main thing we should care about a broker when we go to choose a broker that the broker should be regulated and should be registered . If broker is not regulated then we should not choose this broker. I would recommend 1LOTSTP Forex broker if you like then you can trade with this broker.

It is like chosing a spouse. Some are perfect some are not, maybe perfect is not for you.

Agreed with this. And when you found that special broker you should be loyal in your relationship.
commitment and dedication will be valued.

Check on These Factors

1. Regulation by financial authority
  2. Fast Deposit and Withdrawals (better if local)
  3. Tight Spreads
  4. Enough Leverage
  5. Multiple Trading Platforms
  6. 24*7 Support in Your Preferred Language

i see it right. we must choose the good broker . it will help us protect our fund

“IMPORTANT” is different for different traders. Some prefer quick withdrawals, some prefer low spreads, fast execution… they all need to be regulated. So for me 1st the broker needs to be legitimate enough, have been around for a few years, legitimate address and phone number, low spreads and offer ecn acc

Agree with each of the items, and what about fast execution? Noone wants to make an order with one price and get it opened/closed with another price.

[QUOTE=Exness Support;622145]Check on These Factors

I think this item must be at least second in this list. :slight_smile:

I totally agree with you Exness Support. These all factors are really important to choose a perfect broker.
Keep it up. Good luck.

When it comes to broker selection I always focus on these points:

Internet feedback;
Fpa Scam Folder
Personal tests
Legal documents (client ToS)
Withdrawal options and speed.

Currently I test Hotforex, they have several legal agreements, still can’t sort it out. We can’t underrate its importance, if something wrong burst support always address to their docs, that’s why be serious after that…