ECN broker for a UK trader

Hey there all,

I have searched, and I have failed. So, if there is another thread about this on page 2 I’m sorry, but I missed it. :frowning:

Anyhow, I’m searching for a good ECN style broker based in the UK. I need it close to home as I’m scalping and require fast ping times.

Another requirement is the ability to use MT4 to trade with them. I’m used to this software and all my indicators run within it.

Thanks all!

Cord

Let me just amend this slightly.

I am interested in Hotspot, and if I lived in the US they would seem ideal. So, will living in the UK mean that the ping times will effect my ability to scalp with them? Will this be a negligible problem and something that will have zero impact on my trading?

Just to confirm, I have seen many ECN threads, but none in relation to UK based brokers.

Thanks again.

Cord

I don’t follow your reasoning. Why would HotSpot fx not
ideal for you but ideal for those in US. If you find it not
ideal for you for some odd reason, it would be worse
for those in US, not better. Why don’t you at least
demo them to see how it works. Also, all serious
traders run their platforms on a VPS or a dedicated
server. You can sign-up for VPS located in USA if ping
is your concern. People worry about the oddest things
even before they get their feet wet. Note that the following
are only available for UK traders:
Hedging (UK only)–
Trailing stop orders (UK only)–
That tells me ping issue is a non-issue and US traders
are worse off than UK traders for HotSpot FX.

Cannot see a reason not to use hotspot even living in the UK,
their execution speed is OK, as long as there is a trader on the
other end of a trade.

To trade whit HotSpot FX is mine goal as mine capital grows enough so that i can trade whit them.IMHO i would say that one should have at least 50$-60$K to trade whit them.That is because you can trade only standard lots(where pip is around 10$ worth) whit them so risk management is an issue if you start whit minimum deposit for which they are asking(7$K)
HSFX IS UK firm.They have their branch in US and Singapore but as i know their headquarters are in London.
It really does not matter is your broker in States or Europe as far as it is regulated by financial authorities and as long as it fills traits that you desire from FX dealer.
As far as i know you will have a hard time finding ECN broker which is using MT4.This platform is heavily used among Dealing Desk types of broker and i am sure that there is a reason for that.
HSFX,IB,MBT,Dukas and few other ECN style brokers do not offer MT4.
Regards,
VTK

No MT4 ECNs. HotSpotFX and Interactive Brokers both ECNs and got UK offices. Latter recommended. Min acc size 10k US; 50:1 lev offered.

Closest MT4 are Alpari and Interbank FX; also both London offices.

Hope that gives you a choice of each ECN and MT4.

I wouldnt trust alpari as far as i can throw them…
I lost money with them and i had multiple charts running with multiple brokers.

Alpari had big spikes that took out stop loss and then bounced right back, with mt4, all other multiple brokers did not have thiese spikes,
My money was only with alpari… i stopped using them as it was like they are taking out stops with software…they really cannot be trusted, and their charts are not interbank chart…they are market making and a bucket shop or close to it.

I think there are many options you can choose from, you can always get a vps close to server location which would also be recommended.

I’d find a broker that matches your conditions requirements and go from there…

UK traders have all the freedom to choose any broker either if its an offshore but they should choose those who have a good repute in the market.

I never came across such things with Alpari. I can only see spikes on demo account, real account has no any spikes.