FXCM, Oanda and forex.com, Which is best? - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Hi Jason
    I checked your website and can't find any reference to starting with $50. In Canada, its handled through Friedburg and they mention only a minimum of $5,000. There is also no reference to a micro account. As someone who has been following for a number of years, I've noticed these things change. I love your platform but would prefer the minimum and micro options you refer to. What are my options?

I've also noticed on FXCM.UK I can't find how to open a micro account but I know I've read it on the FXCM site before. My demo account is also a micro account but had a starting amount of €2000. How does this work?

I have been with Oanda for 4 weeks now. I started with a demo account then I was offered zero spreads for one month , There are no commissions with Oanda and also as a special offer they would add $100 to your account no matter how low your account opening was. I could not refuse this offer and i have found them to be very honest and with a 24 hour helpline I think they tick all my boxes.

Jason Rogers is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst for FXCM FX-Men Honorary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorero View Post
    I've also noticed on FXCM.UK I can't find how to open a micro account but I know I've read it on the FXCM site before. My demo account is also a micro account but had a starting amount of €2000. How does this work?
    Hi Majorero,

We use to have a micro account type in the past, but no longer. That's because all FXCM accounts now let you to trade micro lots where you're risking 10 cents per pip.

The minimum to open a Standard Account is €2000, while the minimum to open a Mini Account is €50. Both Standard and Mini accounts will let you trade micro lots.
    Ask me questions in the Broker Aid Station:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

fxcm is the best

Jason
    I was wondering about my Canadian options with fxcm. As I mentioned, I see no micro accounts offered and the minimum deposit shown is $5000. Whassup?

Jason Rogers is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst for FXCM FX-Men Honorary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljay View Post
    Jason
    I was wondering about my Canadian options with fxcm. As I mentioned, I see no micro accounts offered and the minimum deposit shown is $5000. Whassup?
    Hi Paul,

Canadian traders can open up a forex account with Friedberg Direct to get access to FXCM's platforms. At this time, the minimum to open a Friedberg account is $5000, but you can trade micro lots (10 cents per pip) on this account.
    Last edited by Jason Rogers; 11-13-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jason,
    $5,000 is a little more mad money than I planned to start with. Can I sign up with FXCM in UK or US?

So all the hoopla over fxcm being an ecn is only good for those who have the big money to trade standard lots...somehow doesn't surprise me. Nobody goes out of the way for the little man; always catering to the big boys.
    Been demoing with Oanda and phone app is all important for me at work. They just upgraded(???) their version and is absolutely all over the map. They just lost me as it is so user unfriendly and after drawing s/r lines for a pair, couldn't rid of the draw here box. Why do corps change good when nobody is asking for better? These geniuses continue to baffle me.

Na zdrowie,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljay View Post
    Jason,
    $5,000 is a little more mad money than I planned to start with. Can I sign up with FXCM in UK or US?
    All clients in Canada must set up their accounts through Friedberg for local regulation by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.

We have similar requirements for our clients in the US who must trade through FXCM US, and our clients in the UK who must trade through FXCM UK for location regulation by the CFTC and FCA respectively.

I will update you, if a Mini account option becomes available in Canada.

Forum Sponsors