FXCM, Oanda and forex.com, Which is best? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by forexcalibur View Post
    Save it. This is the crap I'm talking about. You have reps lurking in every forum to save face publicly but when I make a customer service call I get nothing but ignorance. Your reps are not even polite. They all seem burned-out and irritated with having to answer questions. I called several times and was told that I never applied (even after I submitted ID twice!) So then I was instructed to apply again and was told that I had exceeded the number of times I can apply and so I can not have an account. This is only ONE issue I have had.

In addition, when I became leery of FXCM I decided to try a micro account and was harassed by the rep who tried to goad me into opening a regular account by trying to making me feel silly for wanting a micro. He said something to the extent of "serious" traders don't use micro accounts". I never got passed him to actually get the micro opened.

It seems to me FXCM only offers the micro to compete with brokers who do offer it but have no intention of making it easy to open one. In addition, FXCM charges a surcharge in addition to the spread on micro accounts. Who does that?

IMO, once I decided to play it safe with a micro account you decided I was not worth dealing with because I was not fronting big money.

Businesses get ONE chance to make a good first impression on customers. I gave you several over two months. Face it FXCM, you are not the customer friendly broker you pretend to be. You don't care how you treat us in private but its another story when we go public. Save your pretense of caring.

Your company wreaks of the aristocratic arrogance that crashed our financial system.
    Hi forexcalibur,

I've been up in the air about choosing FXCM as a broker but your post clearly shows some issues with their customer service and I have found it useful in my search. I've spent the last few weeks trying to find a replacement for my current broker "IG Markets" but it seems I'm learning that if your bank roll is on the small size then you can forget being treated equally as someone looking to open a 100k account.

Good luck

Hey, I started trading with $100.00 with Oanda and was treated as if I had a million bucks in my account. Check them out! A previous post mentioned some unspecific issue but provided no details. I'm curious to see what?

To test them out, I withdrew a meager $40.00 and I had a check in 3 days.

The only thing I'm not happy with is their desktop-web platform. MT4 is available but I'm not a fan. Still, I place my trades with it but use another platform to make decisions.

Thats good to know, I can only really compare two compaies I've used so I would definatley give them a trial run but being Australian I'd most likely have to fease international transfer costs I would assume...

What platform do you use for your decisions if you don't mind me asking?

Hi this is very good thread, alot of information i get from here. Well i like FXCM, but now after reading some opinion here, i kind of hesitant about it, well it's true that their spread is large unless you open a $50,000 account with them, the difference between about normal account with active trader account is pretty huge, for EURUSD on normal account the spread is 2.6 but on active trader account (require $50,000 to open) the spread is only 0.7 thats 1.9 difference, and i think thats huge especially if you scalping.
    Well one things i would recommend is their platform marketiva 2.0 and FXCM trading station, it's very user friendly, very fast execution, you just need one click to open or close a trade and if you have alot open trade (5 or more), u just need like 2 or 3 click to close all trade, now compare that if you using MT4, it's a very fast execution, and fast execution is you need if you are scalping.
    So far their trading platform is the best i know, well i'm looking forward for MT4 to have one click execution just like on IBFX, here is the video 1-Click trading on MT4 with IBFX - YouTube
    Well i tried one click execution on MT4 (IBFX Demo Account), but it's not as good as FXCM Trading Station but it's better than nothing you know.
    Well anyway if anyone know any good broker with good trading platform, let me know? Best broker mean they need to have a good trading platform also and i prefer one click execution to enter and exit as fast as possible.

Matthewdean,

I use Trade Interceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by forexcalibur View Post
    Matthewdean,

I use Trade Interceptor.
    Thanks, I've actually been using TI on my Iphone! Fantastic app.

I am with IBFX and is a mix of Oanda and Forex.com, the spreads are great but go widder up to 10 pips and everyday they have a 3 minutes trading halt. If you are a scalper or day trader ibfx is not for you, forex.com neither, many requotes. If you are swing or position trader any broker will be good.

Regards.

Am also trying out Alpari metatrader 4. Seems good, so far so good.

Mr Gone:

Good to know.

Shaz1507: I'm looking at Aplari as well. Let me know what you think.

I've seen lots of love for Oanda so far on this thread, which is encouraging as I have been looking at them as well as FXCM and forex.com. MB Trading is the other one that, to me, looks good from what I see on their website. Anyone have anything on MB? I've seen the typical love/hate "reviews" on other sites so just curious if anyone here has any firsthand knowledge.

Forum Sponsors