FXCM, Oanda and forex.com, Which is best?

ive traded fxcm and gci and they are very good brokers. the spread with gci is a bit better but just pick one you are most confortable with.

I only used Oanda so I can’t comment on the others but I like it a lot. I love the simplicity of use, the low spreads and slippage. I also like how you can practice as ong as you like with the game which uses the same exact platform as the live site. You can set a fixed balance and save custom layouts on all the pairs you want. They only have 50/1 leverage which is more than I will ever need or want.

I’ve been trading over 5 years now and must have used over 10 brokers. I would say Oanda is on the top of my list due to their low spreads, great execution, and built in money management features. And yes, 50:1 leverage is more than enough to hang yourself if you’re on the wrong side of the trade.

Next is FXsol, they’ve great charts, easy to use platform, and great customer service. Stephen Cortright runs a tight ship out of NJ.

GAIN Capital Group Named “Private Company of the Year”

Online Currency Trading Firm Honored by New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC) For Market Leading Technology & Strong Financial Performance

Bedminster, NJ - December 7, 2006 - GAIN Capital Group, Inc. a leading provider of foreign exchange trading and asset management services for institutional and individual investors, has been awarded 2006 “Private Company of the Year” by the New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC), a private, non-profit membership organization dedicated to supporting and promoting technology companies within the state of New Jersey.

The “Private Company of the Year” award falls into NJTC’s Super Awards category. Key considerations include: being a market leader, unique product/service and strong financial performance. Past honorees include Vonage and MarketRx. This is GAIN’s second award from the NJTC; in 2003, GAIN was honored as “Growth Company of the Year.”

“We are pleased to again be recognized by the NJTC,” said Mark Galant, CEO and Founder of GAIN Capital Group, LLC. “For the past seven years, GAIN has been committed to providing unsurpassed technology and service to our institutional and retail forex trading clients.”

GAIN Capital has grown from a start up in 1999 into a global firm supporting clients in more than 140 countries, with monthly trade volume exceeding $100 Billion. In addition, GAIN leverages its proprietary trading platform by actively partnering with brokerage and technology firms around the globe. The firm’s joint ventures with approximately a dozen third-party providers allow GAIN to offer ‘best of breed’ trading analytics & decision support tools along with its award-winning execution platform. To extend its distribution network, GAIN currently supports over 40 white label relationships with broker/dealers, Futures FCMs and other financial services firms in North America, Europe and Asia. These strategic white label partners now contribute approximately half of GAIN’s annual revenue.

As a result of the firm’s singular focus on delivering a superior customer experience, GAIN Capital has achieved 70%+ annual revenue growth for five consecutive years (FY2000-2005) and is currently on track to achieve 90% annual revenue growth for 2006, its best financial performance since 2002.

“GAIN’s strong market position, proven business model and leading technology provide a substantial base for continued growth,” continued Mr. Galant. “Moreover, our solid reputation as a principled and reliable partner within a highly competitive market is equally important to our ability to deliver cutting edge technological and product solutions.”

Earlier this year, GAIN Capital Group, LLC was named to the prestigious Deloitte 2006 Technology Fast 50, Deloitte and Touche 500 and the 2006 INC 500 list of fastest growing, private companies in the United States.

About GAIN Capital Group, LLC

GAIN Capital Group, LLC is a leading provider of foreign exchange services, including direct-access trading and asset management. Founded in 1999 by Wall Street veterans, GAIN Capital Group is one of the largest, most respected firms in the online forex industry, servicing clients from more than 140 countries and supporting trade volume in excess of $100 billion per month. Headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey, the company operates sales & support offices in New York and Shanghai.

The company operates two full service web portals. FOREX.com (www.forex.com) provides individual investors of all experience levels with 24-hour, commission free trading, lower account minimums and extensive education and training. The company’s flagship service, GAIN Capital (www.gaincapital.com) focuses on the needs of professional forex traders, including hedge funds and money managers.

GAIN Capital Group and FOREX.com are registered with the National Futures Association (NFA) as a Futures Commission Merchant (NFA ID #0339826).

In August 2006, Deloitte & Touche LLP’s prestigious Technology Fast 50 Program named GAIN Capital Group one of New Jersey’s fastest-growing technology firms. In October of 2006, GAIN Capital was named to the Deloitte & Touche Technology Fast 500 as one of the Fastest Growing Technology Firms in North America and to the INC 500 list of Fastest Growing, Privately-held firms in the nation.

About The New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC)

The New Jersey Technology Council (www.njtc.org) provides business support, networking opportunities, information, advocacy and recognition of technology companies and their leaders. Founded in 1996, NJTC’s more than 1,300 member companies work together to support their own enterprises while advancing New Jersey’s status as a leading technology center in the United States.

All i can say is GAIN has never let me down :slight_smile:

Regards,
E. Lang

PS: Their new Platform is coming out begining of this year.

GFT is also pretty promising

Depends on what pair you are interested in. I think MB is good with the GBP. Don’t try the NFP with Oanda.

OandA is best…period.

I have used Oanda and Forex.com both live. Oanda is nice but the spreads can change in seconds to 10 or more pips across the board. The nice thing about Forex.com is the spreads never change no matter what news is coming out.

I have used all of those brokers in the past.

I prefer oanda over all of them.

The main advantage to oanda is interest on your margin deposit (credited daily), low spreads (i don’t care what the spread is during news time), flexible lot size, and continuous interest payments on open positions. However, their charting does leave a lot to be desired. I use Metastock end of day for most of my analysis and oandas built in charting to view shorter time frames.

FXCM has been a fair broker, though their spreads are too high. I had a trade discrepancy with them in the past, they said it was due to a bad tick. I reentered the trade at market, and my account was credited the difference from where I was stopped out at. It is also convenient being able to fund your account with a credit card. Their free charting leaves a lot to be desired.

Forex.com, I did not like their interface and their spreads are the same as FXCM, the ability to trade/check positions from your mobile is great, but in all fairness I wasn’t with them long enough to comment on anything more then that.

Guys, I do not know if this is only by chance, but most have reviewed FXCM as a ‘scam’

Online Forex broker reviews | Forex Capital Markets Review | fxcm.com rating

Actually, I would really encourage all guys to research their broker before starting up very well. It’s not just you will be able to trade with low spread, and very high leverage. Security of funds is top priority if you want to expand your business.

I still insist that Oanda is the best broker around with no competitors. They provide exellent service regardless that you are being profitable sometimes - which many brokers hate.

I use and like Oanda :).

hi i am new to trading but i like it so far. i have tried ACM, forex, hexense, fxcm and moneyforex. i like moneyforex because of the low spread.

all of you guys are saying that oanda has good spreads but EUR/USD is 1.29596/676 isn’t that 8 pips?

i believe that oanda spreads increase when the market is closed.

Oanda spreads for EURUSD is 1.5 pips during normal days, and 10 pips during weekends. Spreads can increase at certain trading times, or during major news announcements.

I Love Oanda for everything but the charts. I am thinking about programming all my strategies in Metatrader so I can set alerts and have them sent to my cell phone during those bedtime hours :slight_smile: . Then only using Oanda to place orders through > I hope they update their charting platform someday but I still think they are worth using despite that minor problem to overcome.

Topgun

i read online reviews about oanda that people complained about sometimes they do not put the orders through or they don’t honor the stop loss or the limit.

Anyone in here tried Tradefreedom?

very interesting guys about oanda ,i’ve been trying forex.com, fxcm , with gft dealbook360 ,i’m still new at that and don’t yet wich one i’m gonna pick,
:slight_smile: still practicing with demo

I have seen Oanda eur/usd gone upto 15pips 20 mins before a German zew sentiment (3 months ago). It was 20 pips just after the news and stayed like that for 334 seconed before it went back to normal spread.
This is just one of many times I have seen eur/usd spread go throgh the roof even on a moderate market voliatality.

YouTube - Oanda spread on Non farm payroll 2/2/2007

Have a look at the GBPUSD earlier this month. 200 PIPS spread on NFP. Not that I traded the NFP, but I certainly do not want my money with this company. What is next??
But that is my opinion. Good luck to the Oandans here. May the PIPS be with you. :slight_smile:

I have never used Forex.com or Gaincapital.com, but i have recently found out on the NFA website when researching brokers that Gain Capitol Group is facing 3 counts of penalties from the NFA.

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=970