FXCM, Oanda and forex.com, Which is best?

Hi forexcalibur,

I’ve been up in the air about choosing FXCM as a broker but your post clearly shows some issues with their customer service and I have found it useful in my search. I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to find a replacement for my current broker “IG Markets” but it seems I’m learning that if your bank roll is on the small size then you can forget being treated equally as someone looking to open a 100k account.

Good luck

Hey, I started trading with $100.00 with Oanda and was treated as if I had a million bucks in my account. Check them out! A previous post mentioned some unspecific issue but provided no details. I’m curious to see what?

To test them out, I withdrew a meager $40.00 and I had a check in 3 days.

The only thing I’m not happy with is their desktop-web platform. MT4 is available but I’m not a fan. Still, I place my trades with it but use another platform to make decisions.

Thats good to know, I can only really compare two compaies I’ve used so I would definatley give them a trial run but being Australian I’d most likely have to fease international transfer costs I would assume…

What platform do you use for your decisions if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi this is very good thread, alot of information i get from here. Well i like FXCM, but now after reading some opinion here, i kind of hesitant about it, well it’s true that their spread is large unless you open a $50,000 account with them, the difference between about normal account with active trader account is pretty huge, for EURUSD on normal account the spread is 2.6 but on active trader account (require $50,000 to open) the spread is only 0.7 thats 1.9 difference, and i think thats huge especially if you scalping.
Well one things i would recommend is their platform marketiva 2.0 and FXCM trading station, it’s very user friendly, very fast execution, you just need one click to open or close a trade and if you have alot open trade (5 or more), u just need like 2 or 3 click to close all trade, now compare that if you using MT4, it’s a very fast execution, and fast execution is you need if you are scalping.
So far their trading platform is the best i know, well i’m looking forward for MT4 to have one click execution just like on IBFX, here is the video 1-Click trading on MT4 with IBFX - YouTube
Well i tried one click execution on MT4 (IBFX Demo Account), but it’s not as good as FXCM Trading Station but it’s better than nothing you know.
Well anyway if anyone know any good broker with good trading platform, let me know? Best broker mean they need to have a good trading platform also and i prefer one click execution to enter and exit as fast as possible.

Matthewdean,

I use Trade Interceptor.

Thanks, I’ve actually been using TI on my Iphone! Fantastic app.

I am with IBFX and is a mix of Oanda and Forex.com, the spreads are great but go widder up to 10 pips and everyday they have a 3 minutes trading halt. If you are a scalper or day trader ibfx is not for you, forex.com neither, many requotes. If you are swing or position trader any broker will be good.

Regards.

Am also trying out Alpari metatrader 4. Seems good, so far so good.

Mr Gone:

Good to know.

Shaz1507: I’m looking at Aplari as well. Let me know what you think.

I’ve seen lots of love for Oanda so far on this thread, which is encouraging as I have been looking at them as well as FXCM and forex.com. MB Trading is the other one that, to me, looks good from what I see on their website. Anyone have anything on MB? I’ve seen the typical love/hate “reviews” on other sites so just curious if anyone here has any firsthand knowledge.

I looked at MB as an option for using Trade Interceptor and then found that its not really offered by TI. So, I did not look too closely. However, it looks interesting and I’m interested in learning more. Does anyone know if they allow Micro or Mini lots? I never jump full-in with a new broker. Learned that lesson to many times.

Well I have the meta trader 4 platform downloaded n so far so good, spreads seem to b good, got a lot of tools etc ( can be a little overwhelming for a newbie like me at times) trades a lot of markets to. I think am gonna stick to it for a while and try n get used to it. So far its better than the rest I have tried like etoro, fxcm, oanda and forex.com.

From what I saw, they (MB) do offer mini lots for metatrader or for their own platforms, plus it looks like they have a “free” EXN plan in addition to other options. Looks like you can pick your poison based on what works best for you, which looks good on paper – just curious if anyone has any more in terms of how they are compared to the others like Oanda, FXCM and forex.com

Just curious about the forex club…was in Kiev last month and i saw their sign in the business district…and it was a nice district…

1. FXCM - ECN with unique platform - for professional traders
  2. Oanda - low initial deposit and you can trade with 1 unit - for beginners

But in my opinion the Dukascopy Bank is the best… it’s a SWISS bank with the biggest ECN liquidity

US Residents cant use Dukascopy.

Yes, it’s true. people from US, Japan Iran, Turkey… But Dukascopy has a white label partner in US and Japan, They use the Dukas background.

I believe you mean Alpari. can you elaborate on others?

I’d go for FXCM. They have MT4 platform and also publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

I have used all 3, I prefer 1.Oanda 2.FXCM 3.forex.com