A Guide to Forex Brokers: what Market Maker, STP and ECN brokers really are

Dukascopy if you are into Java trading systems or FXOpen if you prefer Metatrader

thank you!

I asked a Market Maker if they were “ok” on me Scalping them on a very fast time frame… up to 500 trades a day, they said it was totally fine, and I am getting quite a few re-quotes, would this be indicative of them being a market maker and using STP? And then again in another market maker brokerage I was told to piss off with my trading basically, would this be indicative of them hedging me and losing because I am not a losing trader?

Thank you for clearing this up by the way… so many other people explaining this give conflicting data, this is the way I thought the markets operated but didn’t know for sure.

1 Like

it’s a very intricate question and therefore it’s hard to answer this without knowing who the brokers are.
it’s almost impossible to know whether a market maker STPs your trades or not.

no market maker likes profitable traders, simple as that.

I searched a lot but did not find anything useful about ThinkForex. He says that he´s an ECN also offering free vps. Do you have any knowledge or experience with them?
Thank you

never heard of them, but i doubt they are an mt4 ecn, there are only two companies who offer that and i doubt these newcomers invested couple of mils to get this technology.

for your quick reply perhaps you have a look to their site and if you find more I would appreciate your further opinion

now it’s clear you work for them

1 Like

you´re NOT right… because I´m on to develop my own IT Business introducing clients to Forex Trading I need urgently a good broker. Before I knew something about TF I had Alpari in my mind but if somone here who has experience with TF is very warm welcome because of their offer. So I only need a good broker beside Alpari and Co, nothin more and nothin less

Which companies offers that?

One of my favorite trading “set-ups” is when prices have been in a trading range–between
key support and resistance levels–for an extended period of time (the longer, the better).
Has there been a price “breakout” from a trading range?

Hey, Thanks for this helpful explanation on the types of brokers. But have you any recommendation of a type of broker for a retail trader ? Is a STP broker correct ? I believe definitely not a Market Maker. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi … Are you still searching for a good broker to become introducing broker ? If you are, please contact me back, I have a good one for you. Im their IB too and they are just perfect !!

Since the post you’ve quoted is dated August 2010, I guess he’ll have found one by now. :smiley:

Cheers,
P.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)

1 Like

haha OMG !! Did not notice that …Gosh !! haha

I have a brokerage opening Pellucid FX (launch mid december)

I would like to have someone test my feeds with a fast scalping EA… ANYONE!?

It is a proper STP. When you make money it is yours…

But I need to fund out my liquidity provider is conducive to these types of robots. PM me, you can open an account or I can test the robot in the account myself if you like.

Thanks.

Damon

I am a beginner, your advice will be very helpful for me to choose a good forex broker

i am unable to PM u…which LP do you use?

ECNs are out of reach of most retail traders…choose STPs…

I am using Leverate, but looking at adding to that network if they are not good enough for ultra fast EAs. They do say they are though.