I want to start live account with fxcm what do you think?

I have had live accounts with forex.com and I had terrible customer service, does anyone have any advice on a new broker?

It depends on the broker that best suits you as we have different needs but I have been working with Synergy fx for quite some time now and they are awesome,especially on customer care.

I have heard that they are dead. due to chf accident

i heard they got investment , what is next ?

next is “read more news and you will know the truth”

Dead lol i doubt it. Wait until the forex profitability report comes out and they will still be one of the biggest brokers by volume.

Here is an interview with the CEO about what is next, since the guy above was so helpful:

Exclusive: FXCM Inc. CEO Drew Niv Discusses Future of the Firm and Retail Forex

Talk about reviving an old thread, but I guess 5 years later better than never.

212, let us know if you have any questions. If you’re still around of course.

As Mark Twain would have said “The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”

Well, this thread was dead and buried before the CHF happened. Nonetheless things seem to be back to normal especially after this The Largest US Currency Broker Just Got A $300 Million Lifeline

Therefore, nothing to worry about for now.

Just as a follow up on this, here’s an article in today’s Wall Street Journal where Leucadia confirms that they have begun to receive payments from us and expect to recover more than a quarter of their investment within three months of the deal’s closing: Leucadia Begins Recovering FXCM Investment - WSJ

Newbie,
I am having a horrible fraud scenerio with FXCM. They allowed someone to wire (steal) $24,000 from my account through 2 seperate wire transfers. I live in Idaho and have only dealt with them through an Idaho Bank and they wired the money to an online bank that originates in the UK. They did this through a hijacked gmail account. So with all the Cyber security issues of late, I would say that it is obvious that FMCM didn’t have enough security to check to see if the wire transaction requests were actually requested from me. It has been 4 weeks tomorrow that I realized that this occurred and they have not had ONE conversation with me. I continue to write to their “compliance department” and have even told them that I may have some info for them but all they send me is emails - and not to all of my sent emails. The emails have no substance and they sign them with “Kindest Regards”. That response just shows me that they are totally out of touch. I feel like they are waiting for me to give up but I will not do so. So, I guess I would tell you NO, you should not go with FXCM because they don’t stand by their stated policies and they have [U]poor customer relations[/U]!

Hi Becathia,

I wanted to thank you for the update you posted about this in another thread. I’m glad to hear Stefen was able to help you.

I did reach out to our Compliance department for you when you first mentioned the issue, but once they take over a case, I can’t comment on it here on the forum for security reasons.

All the best!

Jason

Thanks Jason,
I feel badly doing this but it has been 7 weeks now and I haven’t had any communication to speak of from compliance and if I don’t fend for myself on this, I will loose out. Thanks for reaching out to compliance for me. I had some news for them after my phone call with the bank in GB. I hope after my last email to them that they will work with me to resolve this. I think my concerns are with them now and so, I won’t ‘bother’ you any more. Sorry that you had to be a pawn for me. I hope to be trading sometime in the near future!