Going offshore to escape the CFTC - Page 311
Page 311 of 413 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4123
    Quote Originally Posted by milicentfx View Post
    Tallinex is 2 hours off in chart time. Who has had experience with Traders way? Their time is correct.
    Tallinex is actually 3 hours off in chart time. It is really disappointing to me that they are not on the same page as many other brokers in regards to the start time of the Daily candle. Most professional traders specifically choose a broker that has 5 pm EST as the start time of the Daily candle. For that reason I am considering closing my account with Tallinex and switching to FX-Choice. FX-Choice uses the proper start time for the Daily candle (5pm EST).

To Paul, the Tallinex representative: can you please recommend to the owners of Tallinex to switch to a Daily candle using the 5 pm EST start time? After all, it is what most professional traders use. Also, can you explain the rationale to us here in this thread as to why Tallinex has chosen to start their Daily candle 3 hrs later? I am really confounded about why Tallinex starts its Daily candle late.

if you look at FXDD, Pepperstone or TRaders Way, they are set to the proper time. Their time is when the market opens. Baffles me as to why a broker would expend the energy to set up a brokerage and miss the MOST important issue regarding charts. ie when does the day begin as per professional traders. After reading this thread, I was really looking forward to using Tallinex. Not now.

Tallinex is 2 hours off in chart time. Who has had experience with Traders way? Their time is correct.
    Our time is not "off" ... each broker decides on a time zone to run their servers.

US-based brokers use New York time while off-shore brokers typically do not.

Having said that, we will be offering an option to display charts using NY time, so stay tuned.

if you look at FXDD, Pepperstone or TRaders Way, they are set to the proper time. Their time is when the market opens. Baffles me as to why a broker would expend the energy to set up a brokerage and miss the MOST important issue regarding charts. ie when does the day begin as per professional traders. After reading this thread, I was really looking forward to using Tallinex. Not now.
    In fact, "professional traders" will trade effectively regardless of the time zone of their broker's servers. Some of the biggest fund mangers in the world trade with brokers who use UCT/GMT+0 or even CET-based server time zones... Dukascopy, for example, use UCT/GMT+0 and, until fairly recently, you couldn't even open an account there with less than $50,000!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallinex View Post
    In fact, "professional traders" will trade effectively regardless of the time zone of their broker's servers. Some of the biggest fund mangers in the world trade with brokers who use UCT/GMT+0 or even CET-based server time zones... Dukascopy, for example, use UCT/GMT+0 and, until fairly recently, you couldn't even open an account there with less than $50,000!
    Not exactly Paul. I am trained by a Professional Trader. Proper time, for a myriad of reasons is as I stated. Not arguing, it is what it is.

Anyway, sorry Tallinex won't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallinex View Post
    Our time is not "off" ... each broker decides on a time zone to run their servers.

US-based brokers use New York time while off-shore brokers typically do not.

Having said that, we will be offering an option to display charts using NY time, so stay tuned.

That's just not correct. I have accounts with many offshore brokers and their daily open is set to the 5pm est.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
    That's just not correct. I have accounts with many offshore brokers and their daily open is set to the 5pm est.
    this is correct

You left out the part where Tallinex charges a $36.00 monthly fee if you are a small trader and just want to buy and hold for a few months. I am not a day trader. So, that doesn't work for me. I enjoyed reading your very knowledgeable thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Jay View Post
    You left out the part where Tallinex charges a $36.00 monthly fee if you are a small trader and just want to buy and hold for a few months. I am not a day trader. So, that doesn't work for me. I enjoyed reading your very knowledgeable thread.
    Sorry, Rodney - I think you've kinda lost the plot! We do not charge a $36 monthly fee so you can "buy and hold"... we charge a $36 fee if you have one of our VPSs and fail to generate sufficient volume for us to cover the cost of that VPS for that specific month. That aside, if all you want to do is "buy and hold", why do you even have a VPS?
    Last edited by Tallinex; 09-06-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Sponsors