Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Sorry, FX3422271 - I’m sure you believe you’re being objective, but you’re actually just scaremongering - spreading a combination of inaccuracies, misinformation and outright lies.

Please don’t take any of my responses personally, but with so many gross inaccuracies in a single post, I need to cover each point you’ve made individually and clarify/rebut as necessary:

We have [B]NO[/B] serious gaps! … we had some well-publicised short freezes during the first 9 trading days of this month, but [B]no issues[/B] since bringing our current servers online last Thursday. Furthermore, since you only “downloaded our platform”, you’d be looking at demo server data which wasn’t refreshed from our live servers until today.

That’s not entirely correct - it [B]is[/B] a [I]possible[/I] cause, but [U]not[/U] the actual cause (which was corrected by our server switch last week).

Of course it isn’t, but the issue of price freezes affects every broker in the known universe at times.

The above comment shows that you haven’t read even the most recent pages of this thread, where we confirmed several times that all TPs and SLs are (and have been) honoured.

In fact, there were no prices quoted by any bank in the world for approximately 20 minutes during that event. That aside, your comment about our price feed is ridiculously incorrect. I’m not aware of [B]any[/B] broker that was “unable to quote prices for a few hours” and, in the entire history of Tallinex, there has [B]never[/B] been a period exceeding one hour (which was actually during the live server switch last week) when prices were unavailable… and any SLs / TPs skipped during that hour were honoured.

Actually, the conclusion should be entirely the opposite - [B]Tallinex has NO issues[/B] with receiving or streaming quotes during any news events. [B]This is a very GOOD sign[/B].

I actually hope you [B][U]do[/U][/B] try us, because you’ll then see how entirely inaccurate your comments were.

I’m back with my “rebuttle cap” on…

Again, please don’t take any of my responses personally - I’m only making valid and justified responses to inaccurate comments about Tallinex:

Actually, you do! …although we try to keep the demo server (which you’ve based your entire analysis on) running smoothly, we will always prioritise our live servers where real money is at stake.

We have [B]NO[/B] serious gaps … the cause of the few well-publicised short freezes during the first 9 trading days of this month was resolved by bringing our current servers online last Thursday, since when there have been [B]no issues[/B] at all.

As previously mentioned, SLs / TPs skipped during those quote freezes were honoured - [B]in fact, exits were even honoured for clients with [B][U]no SL[/U][/B] set[/B]!

Since there are no gaps, there is no problem.

Again, I sincerely hope you [B][U]do[/U][/B] trade with us - then you can comment based on reality rather than supposition.

Thank you Tallinex. :wink: I am positive that withdrawals will be faster and smoother. This upcoming Friday I will make my first withdrawal in one of my accounts. I am positive that everything will go smooth. So far so good I have no complaints trading with Tallinex. A few niches here and there but that was expected considering the high volume of new account coming in all at once.

Excellent idea, Clint thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks. I have looked into [B]The Collective FX (Belize),[/B] and have removed them from Group 2
(not because someone has a $60k dispute with them, but because they have gone out of business).

Based on comments from Babypips members on this thread, and from broker representatives, I’m going to designate two of the brokers in our Offshore Broker List as “trusted brokers”.

The two brokers are [B]FX Choice (Belize)[/B] and [B]Tallinex (St. Vincent and the Grenadines).[/B]

The label I will apply to their listings will look like this: — [B]TRUSTED BROKER[/B]

I think there are at least three other brokers on our List who deserve the [I]trusted broker[/I] recommendation, but I’ll leave it to other participants here to suggest those names.

I’ve asked for these suggestions previously, but so far no one has stepped up to recommend special recognition for any of the 15 brokers in Group 1 of our List.

So, this is a second request.

If you think we should designate one or more brokers (in addition to the two I have designated above) as [I]trusted brokers,[/I] speak up here.

[I]Trusted broker[/I] status should not be a “lifetime appointment”. A broker who deserves this designation [I]must continue to deserve it[/I] in the future, in order to retain the designation. To the extent that it’s possible and practical, this thread should be a democracy. As such, we can vote brokers into — or out of — the [I]trusted broker[/I] category.

Would Profiforex and Sensus Capital fall under “Trusted brokers”? I’m deciding between both right now, and would like to know if anyone else considers these two brokers as “trusted”.

Clint,

This is great! I am currently testing out Sensus – things are good so far but I need to use them a little bit longer before reporting any further findings.

I have used Profiforex and ForexBrokerInc for the past 20 months . Both appear as they claim, true STP/ECN, have not experienced any games such as random price spikes, platform freezing, etc. Have watched price come within .001 of my stops several times and not get hit. Withdrawals are one business day, sometimes same day with ForexBrokerInc, and wire withdrawals are free over $500 once you’ve traded 2 lots TOTAL . I would recommend both as trusted.

I am also looking into AssetsFX. Lowest commission and tightest spreads out of all. In my research, they appear to be a white label of Squared Financial, which looks very reputable.

[B]TimF, tomd100,[/B] and [B]frank1234[/B] — thanks for your replies.

The following broker names are now on the table as candidates for the [B]TRUSTED BROKER[/B] designation:

• Profiforex (Seychelles)

• Sensus Capital Markets (Malta)

• Forex Broker Inc (The Marshall Islands)

I’d like to hear as many comments as possible on these three brokers, from other members of the forum, so that we can make an informed decision on whether or not to designate one or more of them as “trusted”. If you have had personal trading experience — either positive or negative — with any of these brokers, please share your experience with us here.

And if you have had experience with any of the [I]other[/I] brokers on our List, and would like to recommend them for “trusted” status, this is the place to make your recommendation.

Please refer to posts 2341 through 2343 for my thoughts on ForexBrokerInc.

http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/36221-going-offshore-escape-cftc-235.html#post670923

I vote - [B]no[/B] - on the basis of observation and discussions with others.

[B]FXGlory[/B] - I vote [B]no[/B]

Immediately after signing up with them, my phone number was given out to various spammers who kept text messaging it and calling constantly. I answered one who called me twice and it was an Indian-sounding man who was trying to tell me that my computer had a virus and I needed to pay for it. I looked up the number and many many others had this experience. Good thing I use a Google Voice number only for Forex brokers. These guys are no good.

[B]Assets FX[/B] - I vote [B]yes[/B]
I had an excellent experience with their platform. The customer service was responsive. The website is very simple but they were great. I withdrew money successfully (albeit less than I deposited :slight_smile: ). I hope others can vouch for this broker.

[B]Tradersway[/B] - I vote [B]yes[/B]
Despite some weirdness surrounding this broker’s location, they were my first broker and I have never had any issues. I did feel that the chat service was a bit short with me at times but it has since gotten a bit better in my opinion. I have a friend who had a lot of money with them and withdrew it late last year following that whole phone number area code discussion we were having on here. He received his funds by wire and withdrew much more than deposited. I wish I could say the same. Anyhow, I think they are trustworthy.

[B]Sensus Capital Markets[/B] - [B]Undecided[/B]
So far everything is great. They received my wire and credited my account. One member of the chat team is very bad but I try to go on after 5PM EST so I can speak with Dennis W. who is absolutely amazing. He takes so much time out of his day to help me with everything. I had an issue with some of my trades taking 3 to 10 seconds to execute. It was pretty bad. He investigated and discussed it with his boss over several days (I am using a CNS VPS with a 1ms latency). I hope they fix it soon although I found an alternative solution recently to mitigate this problem. I still need to test them further to feel comfortable with a definite vote, although I am very much leaning toward a yes right now. It should be noted that the only method for US clients to make a deposit is via wire. Please see my previous post for some preliminary information on them.

[B]ProfiForex[/B] - No experience with them
Please mark this broker as unregulated as per my post 2267

The above link is an email I received from the SIBA regulator - Seychelles International Business Authority. It is misleading that ProfiForex claims Forex regulation. Indeed, all international business companies would thus be “regulated”. The regulation to which we are referring is whether or not there is actual specialized auditing and financial regulation for a foreign exchange dealer. I would like others to share their opinions and for Clint to make a determination thereafter to remove the SIBA regulation annotation from Post #1.

Keeping my above point in mind, I would like to direct this next bit toward Paul from [B]Tallinex[/B], as he has kindly been highly detailed with all of his responses. I would like to point out that he has been very open that [B]Tallinex [/B]is not regulated and [U]has discussed it extensively on numerous occasions[/U].

On the [B]Tallinex [/B]website, in the FAQ section, the following Q/A is posted:

[B]Q[/B]: Is Tallinex regulated?
[B]A[/B]: The Financial Services Authority (FSA) in St Vincent and the Grenadines is responsible for ensuring that Tallinex complies with its obligations under the IBC Act. The FSA enforces strict business practices equal to or exceeding requirements of financial services regulators in other countries.

I agree with the answer and I believe it was 100% accurate. However, in the context of what it means to be “regulated” – most people are not referring to this type of regulation. I have read through the SVG IBC Act multiple times in the past and it appears to be similar to other IBC Acts in the region, with no mention of true specialized Forex regulations. I hold St Vincent high on my list of trustworthy offshore locations, but I think we can agree that they do not regulate Forex specifically. The IBC Act requires compliance with paying dues, not soliciting residents of SVG and complying with other AML regulations. These are all excellent provisions for financial services companies, but I believe that this is more or less the extent of St Vincent’s compliance checks.

Please refer to my post about [B]PaxForex[/B] from last year. They had claimed previously that they were incorporated in St Vincent (while the FSA says otherwise). The Authority also went on to mention that they do not regulate Forex brokers incorporated within their jurisdiction. I want to stress one more time that Paul has been extremely emphatic about [B]Tallinex[/B] not being regulated there. My question to him is to clarify his view of keeping that Q/A post above in the FAQ section of the website, as the word “regulation” has assumed a specific contextual meaning different than the meaning suggested on the website (in my view).

Moving forward, keeping post 2261 in mind…
[B]PaxForex[/B] - I vote a [B]STRONG NO[/B]
Again, refer to 2261 as I put a lot of stress into my message last year – they claim to be incorporated in a jurisdiction that says otherwise. Not being regulated is one thing… not being honestly incorporated is another. I contacted them again right now via chat as their address seems to have disappeared from the website (luckily my screen shot still remains in post 2261). They gave me the same St Vincent address shown in my screen shot and their business name (Laino Group) is still the same at the bottom left of the website. Please exercise caution with them until someone can bring proper information to the table as to the whereabouts of the business.

I vote “yes” for Traders Way, FxChoice, Profiforex, and ForexBrokerInc. They should be described as trusted brokers, probably. I have been trading with the first 3 on and off for about 2 years or more with no real problems. I traded briefly with ForexBrokerInc and my experience with them was good. They certainly try hard to acquire US traders. Traders Way offers 1,000 to 1 leverage up to $ 1,000 in the account, which comes in handy for dare devil day trading. I have not opened a real account with Tallinex or Sensus Capital yet.

The main thing that’s keeping me away from Sensus is their 1:200 leverage. Since the Swiss move that happened in January, Sensus allows leverage only up to 1:200, even if you request the 1:500 leverage they normally allow. I’ve been told that they may soon revert back to the 1:500 leverage. For this reason I think that Sensus’ information should be corrected on Clint’s post to reflect the 1:200 leverage.

Sensus and Profiforex both have good spreads and commissions, while Sensus has a much lower spread, and higher commission which I like better. Profiforex also offers ECN pairs, but not all pairs are offered as ECN. They do not for example provide a GBPJPY ECN pair. GBPJPY on Sensus typically has a 1.3 pip spread, with a 1 pip commission, while Profiforex typically has a 1.3 - 2.5 pip spread, with 0.3 pip commission on GBPJPY.

Both have excellent customer service. The only problem I’ve had with Sensus is when I was trying to contact them via live chat. I entered a chat with a representative and received no real answer for 10 - 20 minutes until I was redirected to someone who was able to help me. This happened on multiple occasions.

The main thing I don’t like about Sensus is the fact that I was told in a live chat that I would have to e-mail Sensus and ask for the higher leverage, and I would be able to get the leverage if the risk management department approved my request. I now find out right before wiring them money, that they don’t offer the higher leverage, which is disappointing and is pulling me back to Profiforex.

On another note, Profiforex just instituted SSL encryption on their website, which I know some of you were waiting for. They as well redesigned their website a few days ago.

All other brokers besides Profiforex and Sensus either don’t have high leverage up to 1:500, or their spreads and commissions are mountain high in my opinion. I realize Tallinex is trusted, but their spreads are a bit ludicrous after being with Profiforex and Sensus for the last 2 months.

Reply to Tom’s remarks (in THIS POST) about regulation (or lack thereof) of [B]Profiforex (Seychelles)[/B] and [B]Tallinex (St. Vincent and the Grenadines)[/B] —

B[/B] Apparently, Profiforex no longer claims “regulation” by SIBA, or by any other government financial regulator. I’ve gone through their website, almost word-for-word, including their very lengthy FAQ, and have found no claim that Profiforex is a regulated forex broker.

They do, however, make the unusual claim that they deal only with “regulated” liquidity providers. I’m not even sure what that means, let alone how to go about verifying it.

Given Tom’s research findings (and the apparent scrubbing of references to regulation from the Profiforex website), I will amend the Profiforex listing (on post #1) to indicate that Profiforex is not regulated.

B[/B] Tom has accurately quoted the Tallinex statement regarding regulation. To repeat it, here’s a copy-and-paste from their FAQ:

[B]Q:[/B] Is Tallinex regulated?

[B]A:[/B] The Financial Services Authority (FSA) in St Vincent and the Grenadines is responsible for ensuring that Tallinex complies with its obligations under the IBC Act. The FSA enforces strict business practices equal to or exceeding requirements of financial services regulators in other countries.

Evidently, Tallinex has revised their FAQ sometime in the past month. Not more than a month ago, I read a very different statement on the Tallinex website regarding their regulatory status. Their statement at that time was essentially a short summary of the argument which Paul has made several times on this thread — (a) that Tallinex is not regulated, (b) that regulation does not guarantee protection to retail customers, and © that regulation places costly burdens on brokers. That statement of their position was honest and straightforward.

Their revised statement regarding the FSA, although technically honest, is certainly much less straightforward. Tallinex seems to imply that the oversight to which they are subject by the FSA is “equal to or exceeds” actual financial agency regulation. Well, maybe. But, their statement seems to be an attempt to dance around the question of regulation.

I was more impressed with their previous FAQ.

In our Offshore Broker List, Tallinex is correctly described as “not regulated”.

My criticism of their wording (above) doesn’t change the fact that they deserve to be designated as a trusted broker.

Feb 24, 3am EST

[U]Scorecard[/U]

[B]AssetsFX[/B] (Finland) — Yes (1) / Maybe (1)

[B]Renesource[/B] (Latvia)

[B]Sensus Capital Markets[/B] (Malta) — Maybe (2)

[B]FXGlory[/B] (Republic of Georgia) — No (1)

[B]Profiforex[/B] (Seychelles) — Yes (2) / Maybe (1)

[B]Real Trade[/B] (Seychelles)

[B]Forex Broker Inc[/B] (Marshall Islands) — Yes (2) / No (1)

[B]Forex Meta[/B]l (Panama)

[B]FX Choice[/B] (Belize) — [B]TRUSTED BROKER[/B]

[B]Real Forex[/B] (Belize)

[B]IKOFX[/B] (British Virgin Islands)

[B]Trader’s Way[/B] (Dominica) — Yes (2)

[B]PaxForex[/B] (St. Vincent) — No (1)

[B]SmartTradeFX[/B] (St. Vincent)

[B]Tallinex[/B] (St. Vincent) — [B]TRUSTED BROKER[/B]

I’ve made the change.

The FAQ wording was amended (though I thought that was done last year) to ensure compliance with St Vincent FSA requirements, while also helping to ensure that those who don’t “know better” (and aren’t interested in a candid explanation like we provided before) stop getting upset over nothing. When the “candid” version was on the site, we had inordinate numbers of people complaining to our live-chat and ticketing teams about lack of regulation, how they wouldn’t be protected, etc., despite the fact that securities regulation didn’t even apply to us in Estonia (at the time) or in St Vincent now. The current text has all but eliminated that issue, and people who “know better” understand exactly what the message is actually saying, so it seems to be a reasonable “middle ground” for now.

Hey, Tom … I actually answered via Clint’s post, but the bottom line is that unless a jurisdiction considers Spot Forex to be a securities product (which St V doesn’t and Estonia didn’t until the end of last year) then there’s no financial regulatory requirement. Typically, this puts responsibility for each category of company under different government departments, but St V is small enough that the FSA covers both - they actively oversee the regulated “securities” businesses, make sure that all other companies are doing as they should, and license each type of company to operate by approving formation requests.