Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Hi Clint,

Of course, this is your project and I respect however you wish to conduct it. However, in my opinion, I think it should definitely be a requirement to have personally traded a live account with any broker you are voting for/against

Please try to be factual when you make a comment, and refrain from blurring issues.

All of my “short freeze” comments have been in relation to publicised server issues during the first 9 trading days of February and were completely resolved during that time. That’s one issue.

Your comment (which is an entirely separate issue) was in relation to the SNB event (two whole weeks before the first “short freeze”) where you stated “Tallinex gap indicates that they were unable to quote prices for the majority of the day”. In reality, our feed was offline from 09:31 until 10:45 (so not even “the majority of the morning”) and completely in line with virtually all other brokers. Some brokers did get their feed back slightly faster, but those quotes came from HotSpot and were wildly inaccurate even in the context of the huge drop everyone witnessed, and I believe they were eventually retracted.

My point was, and still is, until you use a live account as the basis of an assessment, you have no tangible details to base an assessment on.

Actually, no, but since various members of our staff previously worked for other brokerages, I do know what happens elsewhere (especially with demo accounts). Many brokers squeeze their demo account spreads to look better, and comments from one client (who was copying trades from a demo account with another broker to one of our live accounts) uncovered a major brokerage offering demo micro accounts with spreads matching their flagship “raw spread + commission” account (but without any commission as it was a micro account) - if that’s not misleading the gullible into opening live accounts then I don’t know what is.

I have no issues with “unfavorable” if it’s true … but there are always reasons why things happen and those reasons deserve to be qualified. Of course, I [B]do[/B] have issues with “unfavorable” when it [U]isn’t[/U] true, as was the case with some of your comments.

At no time did I [B]ever[/B] insult you, or another broker - I have only ever stated facts. If I accuse you of misquoting me then it’s because you misquoted me… and I’ve consistently made a point of providing the complete text I wrote to support any such assertion.

You’re quite correct there - you didn’t say spreads at other brokers were static… but where did I say you had? I didn’t misquote you - I was making a statement in relation to your comment.

I think I’ve covered/defended the relevant points here, so maybe this can now be put to bed. If you disagree then let’s get away from the “you said”, “I said” thing… post a new message and list each point you want to make, and I’ll accept or defend each one.

While I understand the genuine meaning behind this suggestion, I would like to voice my opinion as to why we should not make this a requirement.

Of course, it is not possible to fully understand and realize all of what a broker has to offer (or is lacking) without signing up for an account and trading. However, I want to draw attention to the fact that many of us have traded with quite a few brokers during our long or short time as traders. We should allow all of those who have traded with other brokers to be able to both:

1. Voice their opinions on other brokers with whom they did [B]not[/B] trade - this is an inherent right we all have obviously, but also
  2. Vote on whether or not another broker should be marked as trustworthy [I]based on our observations, opinions, experiences with other brokers in our industry[/I], as long as enough information has been provided as to why the decision has been made.

Now, I believe we are in control of the most up to date list of offshore FX brokers for US citizens and we have all brought very important information to the table with Clint being the oversee-er and facilitator of much of the discussion. One possibility would be to ask Clint to accept a vote at his discretion, but I think that if we ask him to judge whether or not a vote has merit, this could get complicated very quickly (and even more time consuming). It is also impossible to verify whether or not a person has traded live with a broker.

That being said, I believe that the very reason that a broker appears distrustful is enough to deter us from making a deposit with the said broker. Thus, all of these people would not be able to place a vote (myself being one of them).

If I am overruled, then so be it. I just want to make sure the time I spent looking into brokers who seem dishonest counts for something.

I will give you one thing … I just noticed that Forex Broker Inc. historical price action (MT4) has almost no connection to what prices they were actually quoting at that time.

OANDA and also Tallinex PRO are quoting live “sell” prices which are reflected identically on their (MT4) charts.

I will keep monitoring Tallinex and if their spreads calm down during news time they will be the most favorable broker in the list in my opinion.

Forex Broker Inc. is very misleading because the prices that they are quoting have absolutely no connection to what is being plotted on their charts.

Tallinex My vote “Yes” :cool:

[QUOTE=tomd100;685980]While I understand the genuine meaning behind this suggestion, I would like to voice my opinion as to why we should not make this a requirement.

Of course, it is not possible to fully understand and realize all of what a broker has to offer (or is lacking) without signing up for an account and trading. However, I want to draw attention to the fact that many of us have traded with quite a few brokers during our long or short time as traders. We should allow all of those who have traded with other brokers to be able to both:

1. Voice their opinions on other brokers with whom they did [B]not[/B] trade

I agree 100%. It would not be possible to verify if one is actually trading live. The whole point of the voting is to help each other out. We are all in the same boat, in the fact we no longer wish to trade under NFA/CFTC regulations. Hopefully, since we all have that same common goal, all votes and opinions are genuine. I do not see anyone posting on here who has an agenda other than what I’ve mentioned, helping each other.

So far this week [B]Tallinex ECN-PRO[/B] account spreads have been [B]lower[/B] than all other brokers I have analyzed. Their charts are also displaying their live quotes exactly and in real time. This is something apparently not all brokers do.

[B]In my opinion Tallinex is the best broker on the list. Their ECN-PRO spreads are the lowest, their charts reflect real time quotes and they have exotic pairs. I have noticed many brokers not offering exotics. [/B]

[B]I have also deleted most of my previous comments as they are no longer relevant.[/B]

Deleted. Found my answer

Please disregard last message. Was able to go to their website.

I would like to recommend Forex Broker Inc. as a trusted broker. I have been with them for a year and I have had no problem with there executions with honoring TP’s and Stop Losses. I have also withdrawn from there and it took about 3-4 business days. In my opinion those two things are very important in broker. While there are small things I can belly ache about such as their live chat unable help all that much and usually just says email back office. Another thing about them is I like to trade off my Ipad air (bigger screen then phone and more portable then laptop) and they have MT4 for the Ipad while I could not find that with Tallinex, I have not been with Tellinex that long but there customer seems better then any broker I have worked with before. However, I will keep you all updated and let me reiterate I have been continuously watching this thread for 2 years I whole hearted appreciate this thread as it provides companionship in an otherwise lonely and stressful environment.

Thanks. I will add your vote to the tally.

So I was seriously considering renouncing my U.S. citizenship,
as the best European brokerages are unavailable to me. This
includes Dukascopy and LMAX. However, I decided to get creative
and explore a bit.

While in a trance-like state, I stumbled firstly upon MB Trading
which is a U.S. broker and their cTrader / cAlgo implementation.
I was quickly impressed, and discovered that this platform is actually
"the successor to MetaTrader" in many folks’ opinion.

But then I stumbled upon TradersWay for cTrader / cAlgo and then
realized it was on the list as accepting U.S. traders. I promptly opened
a cTrader 1:500 ECN account. Despite a couple of days trying to push
money in and having to have the Credit Card unblock the foreign
transaction, it was smooth as silk.

Did some live trading and monitoring, and I can say that cTrader with
the cAlgo programmability is “freakin awesome” and I come from a
Dukascopy API background where nearly everything is programmable,
and I can only say that cTrader’s C# implementation has inspired me.

I’ll be able to hack together Robots with socket network access and
user interfaces with as complex logic as I want with cAlgo in cTrader
so I will be a happy camper.

Also I’m looking into their Binary Options area as well. But I have
decided that I can live either with TradersWay and/or MB Trading and
function as a U.S. person without having to renounce my citizenship
and move to Canada !!

As I get a bit more experience with TradersWay I’ll post a followup, but
it’s a life saver for me as a U.S. person…

Good Trading !
HyperScalper

Thanks HyperTrader.

Is that a vote for [B]Trader’s Way[/B] as a “trusted broker”?

Well… I feel I need a couple of weeks before coming to such a
dramatic and potentially U.S. nationwide radical "leap of faith"
so let me hold off on that, since my reputation may well be
on the line this time… :slight_smile: HyperScalper

The mobile versions of MT4 are mostly not broker-branded like the desktop verion … you just download the vanilla app to your device and then select the broker you want. We have iOS and Android versions so you should be able to trade our accounts without an issue.

Correct. As long as your broker is listed, you can trade iphone or ipad. Metaquotes has recently upgraded the ipad version, looks like desktop, but since it is not windows based no custom indicators are supported.

Hi,

So now I have some more experience with TradersWay (TW), and
this time something completely new for me. Binary Options, on
Forex in my case.

Like many brokers, TW offers a turnkey white labelled solution based
on the SpotOption platform.

From my home office location I was having trouble with data feeds
through the browser based platform. In the end, I realized that it
was inadequacy in my router and network, so I moved to our German
Centos/Gnome Linux server and used Firefox, accessing it through VNC.
Rock solid feed, no hangs ever (which I was getting locally) and
with Price Updates from SpotOption several times per second.

Now, extreme scalping is my thing :slight_smile: I have analytics which predict price
movements in the “nano scalping” timeframe. So, I decided to
“nano scalp binary options” using a 60 second expiry time.

Dang, it works. So for me this is a new area, with returns in the range
of 60% to 80% on my Amount “invested”. So, for example, if I trade
with $10 I can expect to receive NET $6-$8 on a WIN, but I lose my
$10 if it expires worthless. All you have to do is to be correct whether
it goes UP (“Call”) or DOWN (“Put”) by any amount whatsoever, even
1 PIP and you WIN !! So Breakdowns are a good candidate for most
scalpers and I mainly look for weakness opportunities (“Put”) on these trades.

My win rates are much higher than the risk/reward ratio, and these trades
can be turned around in a matter of minutes… So, something to think
about, provided… that you can predict price movements on those
timeframes … :wink:

A MetaTrader ECN account at TradersWay is the account where the
Binary Options results are “booked”. The Binary Options profits/losses
are instantly applied.

So next time you blame your Browser for crappy streaming, be sure
you try out a Server and get “data center networking” which will
likely eliminate the problem. Ya learn something every day :slight_smile:

So I will automate the triggering here, probably using AutoHotkey or
SendKeys. In my case I can choose either a Linux box or a Windows
server, either should be fine.

SO, Clint, I will say “Trusted Broker” status looks like applying to
TradersWay.com . If I have to revoke it later, we’ll cross that bridge
when we come to it !!

As a U.S. person, I really really appreciate your list of foreign brokerages
which continue to accept us !!! It has saved my azz, in several ways, even
though currently I have a partnership with a European guy but, if I should
lose that, I’d be screwed. So this is a viable Plan B which may just become
my Plan A !!!

HyperScalper

1 Like

[U]Updated Vote Tally[/U] — [B](yes[/B] = +1 point, [B]maybe[/B] = 0, and [B]no[/B] = -1 point)

• Babypipsrocks’ “yes” vote for Forex Broker Inc moves them back into the top 4

• HyperScalper’s “yes” vote for Trader’s Way moves them into a tie for 1st place

[B]The top 5 brokers* based on points, so far —[/B]

[B]1st[/B] - Profiforex — 3 points (plus a maybe)

[B]1st[/B] - Trader’s Way — 3 points

[B]2nd[/B] - AssetsFX — 1 point (plus a maybe)

[B]2nd[/B] - Forex Broker Inc — 1 point

[B]3rd[/B] - Sensus Capital Markets — (2 maybe’s)

• not counting FX Choice and Tallinex, which are already designated as trusted brokers

My cTrader experience is with their CT.ECN account. Spreads are not terrible,
but it ain’t LMAX… Level 2 Depth of Market for Forex, accessible programmatically
from their cAlgo language. Trading from a Price Ladder, Drag n Click on chart
it doesn’t get much better for the platform itself, not to mention it is
infinitely extensible through C# coding with lots and lots of examples. You
can use Visual Studio Express for Free, so long as you do not require
“addons” to better code up your cAlgo cBots (Robots).

cTrader’s HTML 5 style interface makes MetaTrader look a bit “stale” but
they offer both.

Execution fast, stable little or no slippage, but cTrader
platform is out of this world fabulous, along with cAlgo C# trading environment
and an increasing market of vendors for cAlgo “cBots”. It’s gonna make some
inroads into the MetaTrader market, I hope, from what I hear. For U.S.
traders, if leverage is your thing, 1:500 can pump up your buying power,
relative to MB Trading, the other U.S. cTrader brokerage.

Multiple simultaneous Buy Limits and Sell Limits, intra-instrument
hedging of course which I know Forex people just Love, even though
it is mainly meaningless…

Support very responsive, “out of reach” of the CFTC that’s for sure,
with multiple funding options, even including BitCoin… Anyway,
MT4 of course with ECN, I know less about that, but your Binary
Options book into your MT4 account instantly. Spoke with them
and they said they would try to get the “plugin” for MT4 which
interfaces with their SpotOption.com supplied Binary Options
system, which has a Browser Web based interface at the moment
and no explicit API, so this might be an API to the binaries.

Also, could not get my Android 4.3 rooted to run TraderWay’s cTrader
on Playstore, but then I found NONE of the cTraders on Playstore
would even start up. Spoke with their support and they sent me
an APK to install, works perfectly. Must be an issue across all of
cTrader’s white labels. cTrader Mobile is pretty awesome.

Joe Carney <[email protected]> is a very helpful support
guy, really sales, but anyway knowledgeable and prompt.

Not sure whether IRS would hassle you for trading Binaries with
a foreign brokerage, but I imagine it’s not a big issue, we’ll see…

HyperScalper

Put me down for a positive vote for TradersWay. I have been trading with them since December and they are incredibly easy to deal with. Withdrawals have been processed in under 24 hours (in my case a few minutes to a few hours).

Joe has been a great resource in addressing my support needs.

I will do a more detailed update on them later.

1 Like