Going offshore to escape the CFTC

HA! now THAT is funny!

Willie, am also curious to know what the bank said about the money freeze. Wish you luck.

Anyone have any recent experience with the broker, fxglory? The last mention of them was a while ago in this thread. 3000:1 leverage, sounds too good to be true but I’m thinking of putting $1 in and trying them out.

Hi Clint

thanks for the support.

I read6 of the links that you attached in your post

none of them would have alerted a red flag with regards to Investors Europe

In fact some of them are quite positive.

The way I have been doing my research about brokers is as follows:

1. I check them on a number of leading forums - not reading every post but a 5-10 posts on each getting a general impression
  2. I googled “Broker Name Scam”, looking for bad stories about them - there were none about Investors Europe
  3. Checked their rating on rating on a number of a rating sites
  4. taking special note what is said about them on Forex Peace Army
  5. I trade smaller amounts and then withdraw half my balance and see how quick they pay (they were fine)
  6. the place where I failed here with Investors Europe is checking that they are indeed regulated with Gibraltar and Mauritius

but it is all water under the bridge now

thanks again and I hope that this discussion will prevent other people from getting burnt like me with this scam broker - Investors Europe

cheers
Nitzant

FYI, Gibraltar is extremely strict with companies and fund managers who operate from there because the government wants to attract large investor business, so if a company is actually regulated by them then you can be sure that they’re going to behave themselves. And to be sure the message gets through loud and clear, the regulator is currently pushing new rules that would set the maximum fine at GBP 200,000,000 - yes… two hundred million pounds!

For those offshore traders who like to trade many pairs, exotics too, FXChoice almost doubled their tradable pairs from 28 to 51:

https://myfxchoice.com/trading/forex/?utm_source=FX&utm_medium=email&utm_term=list&utm_campaign=currencies

Thanks for the heads up.

I know that Gibraltar regulator is very good and that is why I didn’t hesitate to sign up with Investors Europe - the only problem was the I did not check that Investors Europe ARE in fact regulated with them only to realize later that these cheats conned me and they are not regulated not in Gibraltar nor in Mauritius

Hello Tallinex,

I am a US client whose had an account with you for the past year. I have run into issues regarding funding my account with you via bank wire. Before this, I have had no issues wiring money to fund my account. However, now I can't wire funds to my account with you anymore. My bank is JPMorgan Chase. I tried funding my account online, and the JPMorgan Chase site says that the Swift code that you use is invalid. So I personally went to my bank and had my personal banker check it out. My personal bankers says that that SwiftCode CPTBGE22 does not exist! Please explain this, I would appreciate it.

For reasons which make no sense, each bank appears to maintain its own list of SWIFT codes which get updated from a central source (the SWIFT network) on an ad-hoc basis.

US banks also apparently require new SWIFT members to be approved by the SEC before they can be added to their list and, unfortunately, there’s no set time scale for this - even the Gibraltar International Bank, which is 100% owned by the Gibraltar government, is caught up in it and can’t currently be wired directly by US banks - despite the fact that they’re full SWIFT network members and can be wired from non-US banks without an issue.

The workaround is to provide the intermediary bank details shown on the wire deposits page in your back-office.

Hi Tallinex,
Thanks for the relatively prompt response. Would you mind giving step-by-step instructions for that? I feel that would be useful, not just for me, but for other US clients of yours that may be trying to fund their accounts the same way. This would be helpful to avoid confusion and help with clarification. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.

The important details are in the back-office under ‘Depositing’ on the Funding menu. The bank details provided are geo-specific and are always subject to change, so it’s not appropriate to paste details here.

There also aren’t any “step-by-step” instructions - it’s going to be a slightly different process for each bank, so chatting with your bank is the most sensible approach - just give them the information you see in the back office and they’ll handle it.

Yes agree wholeheartedly.

Almost 3 weeks ago someone by the username of “daytradewillie” had posted that he was having trouble getting his bank wire withdrawal from Tallinex. Paul pointed out that the problem most likely was with daytradewillie’s bank and not with Tallinex. Apparently what Paul said was right … due to the fact daytradewillie has never refuted Paul’s claim (in fact, daytdradewillie never did keep his promise to post again on this thread to tell the result of the meeting he had with his bank manager. What’s up with that!?). Anyway’s, I want to report that the result of my first withdrawal of my funds in Tallinex was positive. I requested a withdrawal (through bank wire) of almost $5000 and received it exactly 10 days later. Thus, I had no problem with getting my money from Tallinex. In my short time with Tallinex, I’ve had no issues with them.

Well, actually, the only issue I have with Tallinex is that their Daily candle doesn’t begin at 5pm EST … as others here also have the same issue. However, Paul has already addressed this issue and says they are in the process working on having their MT4 changed to have the Daily candle open at 5pm EST. I am certainly looking forward to that and hope it happens soon (and I’m sure many other Tallinex clients are also looking forward to it).

By the way, for some reason BabyPips has stopped sending me notifications when someone makes a post to this thread. Someone with the username of “Moe41” had claimed the website ripoffreport.com had negative info about Tallinex, of which I responded by posting a link to an article at ripoffreport.com for the purpose of confirming if that was the article Moe41 was talking about. Ever since then Babypips stopped sending me notifications of posts made at this thread. Was I cut off due to the fact of the info I pointed out may possibly been connected to Tallinex? I wasn’t trying to infer Tallinex was guilty of anything. I was only questioning Moe41 about the info he saw and I was asking him if the link I posted was the info he was speaking of. In fact, he (Moe41) never did respond to my post to confirm if that was what he was talking about.

pipfreak,

I’m pretty sure that Babypips does not react to criticism of brokers — even the brokers who, like Tallinex, are well-established on this forum. Babypips reacts to abusive language, and other violations of forum rules — but, none of that applies to your post questioning Moe41.

I’m just a forum member here, like yourself — so, I can’t speak for Babypips, except to say that I’ve been here for quite a while, and (on occasion) I have posted some highly negative comments about certain brokers, certain members of this forum, and even certain features of the Babypips site itself. I’ve earned a couple of infractions, and from time to time, something I post gets removed by the Moderators.

But, I’ve never been disciplined by having my forum “settings” messed with. Babypips doesn’t do that sort of thing. If they have an issue with something you post, they’ll be totally upfront with you about it. They don’t sneak around behind your back.

Go into your [B]UserCP[/B] (tab at the top of this page) and check your settings. If that doesn’t reveal the problem, either post an appeal for help to Pipstradamus on the [B]Bugs and Suggestions[/B] sub-forum, or contact Babypips using the [B]Contact Us[/B] feature (at the bottom of this page).

Edit: I’m glad to hear that you got the problem resolved.

Sorry that your funds took so long to arrive …but I’m glad you found the process fairly smooth.

We’ve been in touch with our bank regarding this and they’re now routing funds via a different intermediary - a step they believe will improve things.

I went ahead and changed the setting to receive my notifications of thread posts from once per day (“Daily”) to “Instantly”. I checked my email a few minutes ago and I now see I am once again receiving notifications, with your post being the first notification I’ve gotten in about 6 weeks. I don’t know why it had stopped sending me the notifications. Anyways, hopefully now the problem has been solved.

Well, this was the first bank wire I’ve received ever. I really had no clear idea how long it would take to receive the money in my bank account. My guess was between 1 - 2 weeks. Thus, when I received it 10 later, then I figured that was about right. However, if you guys find a way to send our bank wires even faster, then I won’t have any complaints about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations pipfreak, nice to hear good news. Also helps to get the broker side of the stories on the issues.