Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Sorry that your funds took so long to arrive …but I’m glad you found the process fairly smooth.

We’ve been in touch with our bank regarding this and they’re now routing funds via a different intermediary - a step they believe will improve things.

I went ahead and changed the setting to receive my notifications of thread posts from once per day (“Daily”) to “Instantly”. I checked my email a few minutes ago and I now see I am once again receiving notifications, with your post being the first notification I’ve gotten in about 6 weeks. I don’t know why it had stopped sending me the notifications. Anyways, hopefully now the problem has been solved.

Well, this was the first bank wire I’ve received ever. I really had no clear idea how long it would take to receive the money in my bank account. My guess was between 1 - 2 weeks. Thus, when I received it 10 later, then I figured that was about right. However, if you guys find a way to send our bank wires even faster, then I won’t have any complaints about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations pipfreak, nice to hear good news. Also helps to get the broker side of the stories on the issues.

Hi, I’ve had a Trader’s Way account for a year or two and they have been fine. I recently opened a Tallinex account and notice their spreads on their ECN Pro account were 1 pip all day today (Monday) whereas Trader’s Way was like 0.3. Can anyone tell me how they have seen them compare? I certainly hope they get better.

In my experience Tradersway is pretty outstanding, withdrawals are quick, and sell limits and buy limits are consistently honored. Also, I have never had them lower my leverage for any reason like few on list did during risky events. So while others are good in their own right, as an overall package, for now Tradersway is hard to beat.

I just talked via live chat to AssetsFX about opening a new account.

They said they stopped taking US clients about 2 months ago.

Thanks for the heads-up, Fx93.

I have confirmed your information. The following was copied-and-pasted from their website —

I will make the necessary changes to the Offshore Broker List later this evening.

FUCFTC

Several of our liquidity providers began widening their spreads following the extreme EUR moves on December 3rd. We approached the relevant LPs in an attempt to resolve the situation quickly, but several were unwilling to commit. This has forced us to start replacing some LPs in order to get our spreads back to normal.

Sorry Tallinex:

Just made a vain attempt to login and no go…system would not recognize my one and only email. Support was unable to help due to restrictions on discussion of emails. Not good in my book if your system fails to identify me…onward I search.

Na dzrowie,
Tim

Since our logins are all numeric, that fact that you couldn’t log in with your email addresses hardly comes as a surprise. We do use email addresses to send out login reminders, but if that feature failed to find you then you must have registered a different email address - either by design, or due to a typo.

Unfortunately, we can’t do much for people who submit incorrect information, or use incorrect credentials when they’ve been notified of the correct details.

BTW, was “Na dzrowie” supposed to be “na zdorov’ye”?

No, Mr. Tallinex, Na zdrowie is the correct polish spelling for cheers. Good day, eh. That’s Canadian French for ya!

Na zdrowie,
Tim

So I’ve set up as a money manager with Tallinex. All fine so far.

Clint,

Do you have any information o
n SIMPLE FX ? It looks like a new enterprise that has trading in all forex pairs, commodities, and stocks with bit coin.

Thanks

I had never heard of [B]SimpleFX[/B] before today.

I looked at their website — SimpleFX | Online CFDs Trading, Forex, Bitcoins, Indices and Commodities — and learned that they are domiciled in SVG; they offer an extensive menu of instruments to trade; and 500:1 leverage seems to be the default for forex trading.

You probably know more about SimpleFX than I do, so please share what you know.

Hi,

Just wanted to add some info on Tradersway, on the subject
of Bid/Ask spreads.

This data is from a Live account, using the MT4.ECN account
type, which is spread plus commission (variable spread)
type. Time is 11am EST Wed. December 23. I just “eyeballed”
the lows and highs I was seeing over a minute or so.

This is ECN execution, and I can confirm that Limit orders,
Take Profit, and Stop Loss orders are
very precisely executed, so these spreads are “real”. Due
to ECN executions, requotes or rejections do not exist, and
limit orders can be placed tightly inside the Bid/Ask spread
with no problem at all.

Attached is code to monitor the spread on most any MetaTrader 4
platform. NOTE: this code displays Spread: 9 points, which means
0.9 pips (so divide by 10 to get pips). NOTE: This code goes into
your Indicators folder for MT4 ! I may have tweaked this code
slightly but did not write it all myself.

EUR/USD 0.1-0.4 pips
USD/JPY 0.3-0.5 pips
USD/CAD 0.7-1.0
GBP/JPY 1.7-2.0 pips
AUD/JPY 1.5-1.6 pips
EUR/JPY 0.9-1.1 pips

Naturally, these will be effective spreads for small lot sizes
and says little about pricing for single trades involving
much larger lots, due to depth of market considerations.

Personally, I was pleased to see that many of these
spreads are so good, given that 0.01 lot sizes can be
used, and also with very small accounts at Tradersway.

By the way, Generic MetaTrader 4 can be used, as most
experienced MT4 users may already know. (As an aside,
I am writing software using the NJ4X.com Java/.Net
to MetaTrader4/5 framework, which I can very highly
recommend. This allows programmers to write complex
functionality without using MT4’s somewhat antiquated
EA language, and to run multiple MT terminals easily
“in parallel” or across multiple accounts.)

hyperscalper

Spread.zip (8.63 KB)

I came here from bitcoin forums. I’ve read a large portion of this thread but never posted since there didn’t seem to be too much interest in Bitcoin brokers. I do have some info pertaining to this post:

I trade full-time / for a living. I’ve had several accounts with [B]SimpleFX[/B], oldest being about 7 months. So far so good.

The Great:

• [B]Privacy:[/B] You can open a Bitcoin account using just an email address and trade anonymously within minutes (literally). Privacy protection doesn’t get any better than that. Why give brokers your private info, when you don’t have to (of course, I may be slightly biased :cool: ). Any citizen can open a Bitcoin account ([I]No U.S. fiat accounts[/I])

• [B]Withdrawals:[/B] I’ve made 4 withdrawals so far. (smallest $200 - biggest $1700 (last week) - xmas money). The longest one took about [B]1 hour[/B] to credit my Bitcoin account. It’s as easy as can be. Click “Withdraw” then enter Bitcoin wallet for them to send to. That’s it. One withdrawal took 10 minutes. (I have no experience with them using fiat accounts)

The Good:

• Execution is very good. A “requote” here and there but every MT4 broker I’ve ever used has requotes. Limit orders are also on par with other brokers. Mostly right on, with slight slippage during fast moving markets. My EAs work just fine. I don’t scalp, so not sure how they handle scalpers.

• Their web platform (in my opinion) is very nice, easy to use and if you trade using price action only, like I do, it can easily replace MetaTrader. Good for trading from the road and again, trading anonymously. (MT4 cripples your privacy unless you take measures)

The (used to be) Not-so-good:

• There isn’t much information and user feedback, yet, on this broker, so it was definitely a bit of a risk sending them money. I don’t worry so much any more.

• Early on, their platform had huge glitches (i.e. “buy” button works “sell” button doesn’t work and numerous other minor bugs). They did fix them within a few hours but this did point to need for caution. Working out bugs in the beginning is to be expected from any business, so I started slow ($200) while they ironed out their wrinkles. Once I made another $200 from trading, I immediately withdrew my original deposit, thereby eliminating any further risk. Still, I wouldn’t send them large sums just yet (my cautious nature talking)

The Bad:
About 4-5 months ago, in the middle of a London / NY session, they just froze for about 45 minutes. No charts, no Live support… nothing. Completely dead. Clicking “Support” button gave a message “Support is not available at this time”. Then they came back online for a few minutes but then froze again for about 2 hours. To make it all worse, this time the “support” button just plain didn’t work. Completely dead. After about 2 hrs, you start thinking “Hmmm. New broker = Scam = took my money and ran”. But then it did come back and their little chat box on the side was a-buzz with people trying to figure out what just happened. Many complained about losing money since they couldn’t access their trades.

The Worst:
Even the incident (above) can be chalked up to new-business-bugs but they did not, ever tell anyone a single word about what happened (not to my knowledge at least) and I’ve asked around and contacted them several times. As a test, I contacted them from a different account, regarding an un-related subject and they responded almost instantly. So I concluded that they chose to try and bury that incident and hoped it would just go away. But again, that was all early on. No problems at all for the past 4-5 months.

(My) conclusion: I definitely recommend them [I](with caution)[/I]. There is no other risk, since you don’t have to give them any personally identifiable information. There is no risk of being hacked, identity theft or misuse of our personal information, like there is with brokers following privacy destroying AML/KYC practices

There you have it. Since there isn’t much out there on this broker, I offer this mini booklet of my experience with them. Maybe they’ll turn it into a TV mini-series now :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. - There are more brokers available to U.S. citizens which also offer anonymous trading [I](via Bitcoin denominated accounts)[/I] that aren’t on the main list but again, I didn’t see much talk about Bitcoin here so I’ll wait to see if anyone wants more info. [B]Clint[/B], if this topic is of no interest, please feel free to remove my post. Thanks, and great job on this forum.

1 Like

It appears that United States persons cannot get
a simplefx.com account. Perhaps bitcoin only can be used
anonymously, and perhaps that was the point of
the prior post, but hard currency is not an option
for US persons.

hyperscalper

SimpleFX

Thanks to autobits and HyperScalper for your info on SimpleFX.

Given the fact that SimpleFX is available to U.S. clients only through bitcoin-denominated accounts (not through the more usual USD-, EUR-, or GBP-denominated accounts), I will hold off adding this broker to our List, until a larger concensus develops here in this thread.

If a majority of members favor including bitcoin-only brokers, those brokers can be added in the future.

Updating links in the Offshore Broker List

The links shown in Group 1 of our List have not been updated since the middle of October.

Since then, 6 or 7 posts in this thread have contained info which should be linked in our List. I will attend to that chore over the holidays.

Lately, the link-worthy posts have all involved our three Trusted Brokers.

Does this mean that our membership has gravitated toward those three, and basically abandoned the other 10 brokers in Group 1 ? — I’d be curious to know.

“There are more brokers available to U.S. citizens which also offer anonymous trading that aren’t on the main…”

Autobit, I am very interested in knowing which other brokers are available to US residents.