Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Thanks for this information.

I have added a link to your post #3809 in the Forex Broker Inc listing on page #1.

If anyone can furnish additional information on Forex Broker Inc, please share it here.

I will leave the Forex Broker Inc listing where it is, in Group 1, for 2 or 3 days, and then remove it.

Just had another chat with them few days ago, to re-confirm if everything was in order towards the system update because it has already been 3 weeks of suspended trading. They never answered me directly though. Several times, I have asked if current, old customers will remain in ForexBrokerInc. and whether they were moving accounts to FX Choice (they never made an official statement about FX Choice), and their response was consistently diverted towards “system updates will be complete soon”. Also, they were always telling me that ForexBrokerInc. services will continue. In other words, are they not telling us that they are shifting accounts and personal information to FX Choice without our consent? Now with your chat results, something fishy is going on, and the chat results are now coming in differently. Unprofessional. Suck it up and open with FXCM?

Yes, but a credit card is prohibitively expensive for 50k… and understandably the guy will not use bitcoin. So Joe suggested FXChoice…

I just went to the ForexBrokerInc.com website, and, if you click on “account types,” it forwards to FXChoice . I engaged live chat and asked, and they gave me a prepared statement:

Please note that trading is suspended with us and we do not plan to resume offering trading via ForexBrokerInc anytime soon. This does not mean that ForexBrokerInc is shutting down. ForexBrokerInc will be turning into a Forex Portal and will remain supporting forex traders through various new channels.
So in this regard we came to an agreement with one of the leading Forex Brokers on the market – FxChoice. You may check their offer here …

This is a good reason, in my opinion, to vote for Trump/Pence. While not addressing Forex directly, they will be repealing repressive regulations.

If the Republican nominee were other than Trump, I would be switching to the
party of less regulation… You might consider working on a 1099 basis for a friend
in a foreign country in a trading operation. Then just “bill” his company for
"services rendered" as a consultant. Yeah, pretty dismal. I had a partner for
a while outside the U.S. and then he literally died. The upside of that, was that
I completely reconsidered my trading plan, with the result that, today, I can just
about write myself a check. Now, back to the problem, there are still brokerages
who will deal with U.S. citizens and those brokerage relationships need to be
"cherished". A few months ago, I thought I detected a trend that more foreign
brokerages were opening up to U.S. persons; and I hope I was correct in my
"trend analysis" or hunch… LOL

hyperscalper

I don’t deal with this particular broker, and only jumped onto their web page
out of curiosity, to find this.

From ForexBrokerInc.com Company News page:

"As a trader of ForexBrokerInc, you may be aware of the recent changes to the provision of accepting new trades for execution at market exchanges.

ForexBrokerInc is unable to amend the current policy for discontinued acceptance of new orders until it is permissible to do so under renewed structure of its operations and trading platforms. The renewal of structures is expected to last until Friday, October 7 2016. Should the date of renewal change you will be notified further."

This is what struck me, and they apparently “rolled over” in the face of some sort of pressure:
“unable to amend the current policy for discontinued acceptance of new orders”

WTF happened to them? I’d like a brief summary from someone. Thanks.

hyperscalper

Hey Clint,

I’m sure you’re aware of this list. I just stumbled on it,
and don’t know whether it is in any way current…

https://www.earnforex.com/forex-brokers-us-traders/

hyperscalper

R

I believe Tallinex and all others still take US citizens living outside of US. So if you are actually living outside of US and have bills coming to that address just apply for an account. I chatted with several reps from different forex companies and they all told me if you can prove living outside of US then it’s not a problem. It’s a problem for them to accept resident US citizens these days since it seems like they are targeting US and even Canadian markets which they are not allowed to do. So plz read their webpages where they state no soliciting for US and Canadians living in US and Canada. I don’t want to name anyone for obvious reasons whom I chatted and called but if you are living outside US and Canada then you don’t have a problem with most traders. Just apply simply and keep it to yourself. Yes some of them like Dukascopy or Hotforex will not allow anyone to open an account with them even with a slight taint of US citizenship. It doesn’t matter even if you are dual Candian or dual or tri national even. If one of your citizenship happens to be US then it’s simple no with some traders not all. If you are living outside US with proof then you would be able to apply with many using their drop down box which will never show US in that box.

I am a forexbrokerinc client and a tallinex client. I am considering whether to switch to FX Choice, to simply put all the money from forexbrokerin into my fxcm US account OR to wait… I will be coming back here to report. I called forexbrokerinc 36 hours ago or so and was told they would no longer be offering retail forex trading, and had partnered with fx choice and that higher ups would be transferring accounts there, or I have the option to withdraw the money. BUT: I also contacted my account manager at ‘fbi’ and was told this: [excerpt]

For the time being trading is still suspended (for demo and live environment), however the website works just fine. [it had been down]

[B]Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a time frame when the trading will be resumed. [/B] [emphasis added]. I am waiting for a reply from the account manager in response to the one I got. … it sounds, to me, from this that, in time, forexbrokerinc will continue to offer retail trading.

I shall return next week as soon as I have something to say.

[B]foretradex, shepherd, HyperScalper, TimAllen,[/B] and [B]NanE[/B] —

Thanks for your recent posts regarding Forex Broker Inc and Tallinex.

• [B]Forex Broker Inc[/B]

Given the information we now have on Forex Broker Inc, it’s clear that this broker no longer qualifies to be in Group 1 of our List. I will remove them from the List in a couple of days.

If, in the future, they resume operation as a retail forex broker, and once again welcome new U.S. clients, we can discuss whether to reinstate them on the List.

In the meantime, current clients of Forex Broker Inc need to decide whether to (1) withdraw their funds and close their accounts, or (2) allow the transfer of their accounts to FX Choice. That decision should probably be made promptly.

• [B]Tallinex[/B]

Regarding Tallinex, I continue to hold the opinion that existing U.S. clients [I]who are happy with this broker[/I] should remain with this broker. Going forward, the CFTC will have no way of knowing whether Tallinex is continuing to host their former U.S. clients, and if so who those clients are.

In my opinion, by closing the door to [I]new[/I] U.S. clients, and making that new policy abundantly clear on their website, Tallinex has removed the only issue the CFTC could reasonably have with them.

• [B]EarnForex[/B]

We have compared lists with EarnForex once or twice in the past.

Their current list, which you linked to, is one that I have not seen previously. I took a quick look at it and noticed (1) some names that are currently on our List, (2) some names that we have already purged from our List, and (3) some names that I’m not familiar with.

The EarnForex list needs a thorough review, to see what we can glean from it.

I will try to attend to that in the near future —
— but I would welcome the assistance of any of you who feel inclined to help out. :slight_smile:

• [B]LQDFX[/B]

I’m inclined to add this broker to Group 1 of our List, but I would like to hear opinions from the rest of you, before doing so. See these posts #3780 and #3791 for the previous discussion.

I just received and replied to an interesting email from Tallinex this morning. This smells a little like they’re searching for US customers locations (US residence) in anticipation of purging those US customers. I opened my Tallinex account two years ago, provided the necessary proof of identity and address documentation at the time of my initial application, which was accepted. Since that time I’ve never been asked to upload new documentation of identity and address… until this morning. But, the Tallinex email appears to indicate that they think mine is a “new” account application, which it is not. I’m wondering if they worded the email this way intentionally, so as not to appear to be searching for US customers to get rid of. What makes me so curious are the comments of: “you are receiving this email as a registered account holder”… okay, so they know I’m a registered account holder. And yet, further into the email they state: You already registered some of your details, so there should be very little else required in order to complete your application…" Weird, I didn’t just apply… I’ve had the account for over two years.

Below is the email I received from Tallinex and my response.

====================

Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:04 AM

You are receiving this email as a registered account-holder at Tallinex.

If you would prefer not to receive future updates from us then please log in to your back-office and change your newsletter setting.

Dear (my name here)

This is a friendly reminder that your back-office username is ###### and you can log in from here:

https://www.tallinex.com/office/

[B]===================================

Why Tallinex is THE best brokerage for you!

===================================[/B]

I would like to thank you for choosing Tallinex as your preferred brokerage.

At Tallinex, we strive to maintain a strong, positive relationship with our clients, and ensuring a great trading experience for all clients is of the utmost importance.

OUR GOAL

Our primary objective is to help get you trading by ensuring that your application process is fast and smooth.

To this end, we have a friendly team able to help you at any step of the process. Should you have any concerns, or experience difficulties, they will be there to answer questions and get you back on track.

[B]You already registered some of your details, so there should be very little else required in order to complete your application - most likely, you just need to submit the following documents via the Documentation menu of your back office:

• Government-issued photo ID i.e. passport / driving license
  • Recent proof of address i.e. utility bill[/B]

If anything seems unclear then either drop us an email ([email protected]), visit the website and ask our live-chat team, or give us a call on +44-203-514-2400 …whichever you choose, we will do our best to assist you.

Happy Trading :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kevin Poorter
Client Liaison
Tallinex Limited
The Jaycees Building, Stoney Ground
PO Box 362, Kingstown, VC0100
St Vincent and the Grenadines
https://www.tallinex.com=========== My response…

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the email.

I provided images of my drivers license,proof of address, copy of birth certificate, etc. when I originally opened the account a couple of years ago. Thus, I have not re-applied for an account with Tallinex. Mine is a two year old account, not a new account.

I think this email may have been sent in error. Unless Tallinex is looking for proof of US citizens who still reside in the US, and is looking to purge US clients…??? Is that what is happening here ???

I sincerely hope that Tallinex is not folding to the pressures of the US government and CFTC. Tallinex has been wonderful to work with for the past two years and has excellent customer service.

I recently read that Donald Trump has said, if elected president in November, that he would dismantle the Dodd / Frank regulations which is the same law that put so much pressure on off-shore brokers like Tallinex. Please, if at all possible, hold on to your US customers until after the presidential election. And if Trump is elected, give him a year or so after he takes office in January, to see if he does indeed dismantle the Dodd / Frank regulation which would allow brokers like Tallinex to continue to accept US citizens as clients without fear of punishment.

Sincerely,
(my name here)

Well done, sk!

Thank you Clint, and you are most welcome. I’ll post here again if / when I hear anything back from them.

I added the paragraph about Trump in the hopes that I might be able to convince Tallinex to wait a while before making a permanent decision to purge US clients. Maybe they had not heard about Trump’s intent to dismantle Dodd / Frank. And maybe they’ll look into that fact before moving forward with whatever decisions they’ve made up to this point. fingers crossed

Donald Trump will not do anything to dismantle Dodds Frank Act. Politicians often break promises during political campaigns that they never keep. Please keep that in mind. People do not know that FATCA was a brainchild of US Congress in Bush’s time not Obama. It was passed by a majority after Obama took over and he only signed it. The wheels had been moving towards it even before he took office. Dodd Frank act was put in forward by two Congressman too. Donald Trump promises a lot but he is just fooling you like every politician. It does not matter whether he wins or looses. The Act is there to stay unless we have sensible congress to withdraw it (I can only dream of a sensible congress).

I am not holding my breath for any single politician to do anything that they promise. And I’m not going to get political as I believe all politicians are shysters. So, you’re not telling me anything that I don’t already know and agree with. However, it appears that there are others who also want to repeal it the Dodd / Frank act… or at least part of it. Maybe retail traders will benefit.

I hope you are right but I doubt that they will repeal it. They will put some changes to regulations and add more fines to it as far as I read on Google. Politicians are lawyers or work with lawyers to change laws to benefit the lawyer community. Lawyers always find some loopholes to the system. Ask a good tax lawyer and he will tell you ways to avoid all these regulations while fully complying with laws.

Agreed again… lawyers and shysters. :slight_smile: My goal in adding that paragraph to Tallinex was to attempt to get them to “wait and see” before purging their US clients, if indeed, that is what they intend to do.

sk they start all their emails this way,
"You are receiving this email as a registered account-holder at Tallinex.

If you would prefer not to receive future updates from us then please log in to your back-office and change your newsletter setting."

I haVE an account there as well that I trade daily except Saturday :slight_smile: and I got no such email, They have been excellent to work with so far, and I doubt they are going to start purging us clients, I hope not I am making money with them every day :smiley:

could clowns in congress ever be sensible?!?