Looking for a web based trading platform (suggestions?)

Hello,

Due to my lifestyle I’ve decided to go with web based trading. Have you experienced any…and have any specific ones you recommend?

I’m totally a newbie but definitely looking for a good place to start and test out what I learned through babypips’ school.

Thank you,

Steppin up to the challenge

There are loads out there. You just need to do your own research about the broker and their platform. Just open demo accounts and trial them out. Personally I tried Oanda’s web based platform and didnt like it. I use MT4. Sorry I can’t be more specific, but you really need to do the homework on this one…

yeah,

By using babypips’ list of brokers. I’ve narrowed it down to the following:

• FXcm
  • FX Pro
  • Forex.com
  • GFT
  • MB Trading (not released yet)

I’m going to start opening up demo accounts with them and test out all the features. Find the pros and cons of each one. I’d like to narrow it down to two then do demo trading for a couple months.

Let me know if you’ve experienced any of the above web based trading.

Step

UWCfx is offering WebTrader which is very handy, working on: IE/Ffox/Chrome/Safari and Opera, open a demo and check it out!

I am a big fan of FXCM’s Trading Station. It is relatively similar to MT4 and is a great platform for a beginner.

I don’t believe it has backtesting or automated strategy creation though.

Hi Tad,

The desktop version of Trading Station has backtesting and automation capabilities, but the web version does not.

Jason

Hi, I am currently using fxcm trading station (web) and its pretty good combined with a nice app for ipad and iPhone.

Mark

I think almost well-known brokers has web-trader because that’s not an difficult thing to develop. We know some brokers are offering mobile trading so web-trading is easy.

FXpro
HotForex
FXCM
Forex.com

All them has web-trading. Just try

webbased platforms are ok, but i guess its a lot more detailed with the MT4 platform, at times i’d rather execute trades using a mobile device, for some reason it sesms faster :smiley: anyway best of luck.

Frankly speaking i would not recommend web based trading as it is not how actual Forex trading must look like. If you are serious about Forex then using the Meta Trader 4 is the best option :slight_smile: