Admiral markets

Hi everytrader! :slight_smile:
Iā€™m new to this forum.
Iā€™m from Latvia.
I am trading for about year and so far without any profits.

First half I traded with my read acc, now Iā€™m on demo, becouse I think that I donā€™t
want to lose money anymore for I while until I got bit smarter :smiley:

So the question is -
Anybody know something about AdmiralMarkets whitch is my brokerā€¦
It is not only in Latvia.
Maybe thats my paranoja, but how can I trust??

Hello, spicegirl

Welcome to this Forum. I hope that, after you have been here for a while, your trading will become consistently profitable.

About Admiral Markets:

I assume that you have read everything on their website.

Their website is impressive from the standpoint of overall design, user-friendliness, and the amount of information presented there. But, a pretty website can conceal a multitude of nasty surprises. So, after basic facts have been gathered from their website, thereā€™s still more digging that needs to be done. This digging ā€” this detective work, if you will ā€” is called [B]due diligence.[/B]

When checking out a broker that Iā€™m not familiar with, I look first for these things:

Where is their principal office? (Estonia, in the case of Admiral Markets)

Where else are they located? (9 other locations in eastern Europe, and 4 locations in Asia)

Where are they regulated? (in the EU, by the MiFID)

Are there any regulatory warnings or alerts pertaining to this broker?

How long have they been in business?

Do they accept U.S. residents as clients? *

What trading platform(s) do they offer?

How many currency pairs do they offer?

How do their spreads compare with other brokers?

What methods of deposit/withdrawal of funds do they offer?

What is the concensus of reviews and opinions on the quality of this broker? **

Comprehensive due diligence requires that these points ā€” and many others ā€” be carefully examined. Many of the points listed above can be covered simply by studying their website. Most of the rest can be covered with a ā€œlive chatā€ with one of their representatives.

Two of the points listed above have asterisks (*) indicating some additional comments are in order:

• Regarding the acceptance of U.S. clients, this doesnā€™t pertain to you, being a resident of Latvia. But it is of interest to many U.S. members of this Forum who are searching for top-quality, offshore brokers who will do business with U.S. residents.

** Regarding reviews and opinions found online, all of those have to be taken with some suspicion (after all, any idiot can post any idiotic thing on the internet). But, when there are serious issues with a particular broker, often you can get a sense of that by reading (or skimming) the things said about the broker online.

You should definitely solicit the opinions of anyone on this Forum who happens to have personal experience with Admiral Markets. But, be aware that these, too, are ā€œonline reviews and opinionsā€. So, try to verify any information you get from such sources.

Finally, what about your own experience? You have a year of experience with Admiral Markets (live and demo), which might be more experience with this particular broker than anyone else here.

Why are you having issues of trust with Admiral Markets? Maybe if you tell us a little more, we can focus on your specific problems.

Hi Clint!

Thanks for great reply :slight_smile:

About why I have issues?
I have heard about some brokers who are not sending your money in real market
Like If I buy eur/usd, then they are the one who is selling me and vice versa
So if Iā€™m taking profits then they are taking loses and vice versaā€¦

I made system with 50;100;200 SMAā€™s and RSI
In first week I made ~400 pips
So then I published it my social site w-w-w.d-r-a-u-g-i-e-m.l-v (sor for these ā€” i canā€™t post links)
where one of consultants from AdmiralMarkets also can see it
Next week and also after that system provided losesā€¦

Now I made another system with just horizontal S/R and trendlines.
Tested it for all 2011
There was huge profit - over 200%
But now - actually from about that time since I have published it in forum which is made by AdmiralMarkets.
Profit has fallen to only 150% - so fastā€¦
So thats why I have this kind of feelings!!

AdmiralMarkets also have some kind of relationship with w-w-w.f-o-r-e-x-i-t.l-v and they are making seminars in Latvia each month.
There treders with experiance share their trading systems, 1 trader each month.

Now I have another system which is also tested from start of 2011. and until this I have profit 366%.
Iā€™m afraid to share it.
Tested also whole 2010 - wasnā€™t so exciting but 131% is not bad also i think.

Hi, spicegirl

Iā€™m guessing that you have Admiralā€™s standard forex account. On ā€œstandardā€ accounts, Admiral acts as a market-maker. And, as you have heard, there is a conflict of interest between broker and customer: when the customer earns a profit, the broker takes a loss. This conflict of interest can lead to all sorts of broker misbehavior.

If a market-maker is 100% honest, this way of doing business can work well for their customers. If the market-maker is not honest, there are many opportunities to manipulate price in order to steal from their customers.

Even if the market-maker is completely honest, the potential for theft makes every customer suspect the broker of cheating them, every time a trade goes bad.

Iā€™m not saying that you are wrong in your suspicions. I am saying that, because a market-maker can cheat you at any time, he is under suspicion every time ā€” even when he was dealing with you honestly.

Admiral Markets has a ā€œproā€ account which is an NDD (no dealing desk) account. But, the minimum amount to open a ā€œproā€ account is $1,000, which may not be suitable for you.

They refer to this ā€œproā€ account as an ECN account. However, there is no ECN (electronic communications network) between the broker and their affiliate banks; so, it is not an ECN account. Rather, it is an STP (straight-through processing) account, in which customer orders are routed directly to the bank offering the best bid or ask price at that moment.

An NDD account (either ECN or STP) removes the possibility that the broker is trading against the customer. If you are able to consider switching to this ā€œproā€ account, it should relieve your suspicions. Then, if your profitable system begins to fail, you will know that the problem is in your system, and not due to broker dishonesty.

actually I was thinking about bigger timeframesā€¦
like now my avg stop is 40 pips
then switch to frame where they would be ~150-200
I donā€™t think that they would be able to move market so farā€¦

And another way would be to trade using VSA witch means that you are flowing with marketmakers so they canā€™t go against you.

P.S. I was even comparing my MT4 charts with some online charts in web looking for some differences, but there wasnā€™t.

[B]If you are dealing with a broker who cheats,[/B] changing time frames will not save you.

The most common forms of theft perpetrated by dishonest market-makers are:

([B]1[/B]) slipping your entries and exits, and ([B]2[/B]) running your stops.

Letā€™s look at why changing time frames wonā€™t protect you from either of these dishonest practices.

[B]1.[/B] When a dishonest broker causes slippage in your entry, or exit, notice how the slippage always favors the broker ā€” it never favors you, the customer. This is your clue that instances of slippage are not random. They are part of a criminal enterprise.

Consider a scenario in which your trade is showing a loss, but your stop has not yet been hit. Negative news hits the market, causing price to spike past your stop. You are counting on your stop to get you out at the pre-set price. But, you find out that your trade was closed out 10 pips beyond your stop. The broker claims market volatility made this slippage unavoidable. Unfortunately, you have almost no way of determining whether the broker is telling the truth. But, once again, slippage has earned an extra 10 pips for your market-maker broker, and youā€™re stuck with the extra loss.

When slippage is actually caused by extreme market volatility, rather than broker theft, it can occur at your TP (take-profit point), as well. That should earn you some extra profit, which should help to offset the extra losses you take when slippage overruns your stops. But, it never seems to work that way ā€” your broker always seems to gets you out right at your TP, even when a spike is causing price to blow past. Hereā€™s what actually happens: when slippage is caused by market volatility, and the slippage produces additional profit for you and additional loss for your dishonest broker, he simply adjusts your exit price, after the fact, to take back your extra profit. You never see the actual ā€œslippedā€ price; you see a fictitious price which happens to coincide with your TP.

In the two scenarios above, it makes no difference whether your trades are scalps, day-trades, swing-trades, or even position trades. Lot for lot, a pip is a pip, and a loss is a loss, no matter what time frame you are trading.

[B]2.[/B] When your market-maker broker runs your stops, the guy on the dealing desk momentarily moves the BID price or the ASK price which he is offering to his customers, in order to pick off stops. Keep in mind that this guy has the task of managing (controlling) the spread (the bid and the ask) which is offered to you.

A 100% honest market-maker will set the retail bid and ask based on the best available intermarket bid and ask, with further adjustments as needed to protect the broker from adverse market volatility.

A crook will use his ability to control the spread for some additional predatory activities. The easiest of these, and the one impossible to prove after the fact, is simply ā€œfluctuatingā€ the bid, or the ask, when it gets close to a cluster of stops, thereby conveniently picking off those stops, closing those positions, and banking some profits for the crooked market-maker. If you ever keep track of the times that your stops are overrun by 1 or 2 pips, compared to the times that price reverses just 1 or 2 pips before hitting your stop ā€” youā€™ll be convinced that these are not random occurrences.

When your stop is being picked off in this fashion, it doesnā€™t matter how long-term, or short-term, your position is. What matters is the proximity of price to your stop, and the ability of a crook on a dealing desk, working for a dishonest broker, to manipulate the spread to steal your money.

And [B]your[/B] stop may be just one, in a huge cluster of stops that get picked off. So, the pay-off for a crooked broker can be impressive.

I seriously want to hijack this thread and askā€¦

Clintā€¦ are you a professional writer?

Because you look a professional man

No, but thanks for the compliment.

omfg.
I just eated coconuts trew my nose AND NOW WE JUST SMOKED CLEAR WEED. we are 5 guysā€¦

I so ****ing high,
Like euphoria :smiley:

• before this all I was drunk also

P.S This is the first week when I mowed to live accā€¦
I had 60$.
Now I have 68$
I donā€™t like to cound but itā€™s about 3%.

I wonā€™t tell anybody about how Iā€™m doind that.

Becouse I donā€™t trust anybody

There was 1 guy who wannned invest. but I said that I not ready for thisā€¦

Now Iā€™m readyā€¦
1 month live and Iā€™ll start cantact my inversorsā€¦

• Just rich guy
  • Sexy audodealer, such a nice ass ā€¦ mmm
    *ask my broker if he would sponsor me just like thous who have completed coursesā€¦ I doing betterā€¦
    :frowning:
    **** this ****ā€¦ Iā€™m so high, and just closed short order :smiley: with +10 cents :stuck_out_tongue:

this week:
from 60$ to 68$ = 13-14% ned
=56% mon
=672% year

nice one! This broker offers $50 free from clients on limited countries. These countries are where AdmiralMarkets have their offices. Links to this $50 bonus are give to affiliates also so they can give good deals on their referrals.

Do they have office in Spain? Do you have a link with referral?
I am trying to hook up some of my friends in Europe, couldnā€™t find the link for 50 euros bonus though

A week ago i heard about a new broker opening an office here in the Philippines, and it was admiralmarkets. there is only a few support office in our country (2or3 maybe), and a lot of what Clint said made me think. Somewhere between the line Iā€™ve heard about the $50 bonuses. but honestly when there are bonuses the more suspicious it get. But I might just drop by there office to check things out :slight_smile:

Can you please let me know, when you contact them? what impression you get after you talk to them, conditions and requirements for that bonus? Iā€™v done some research and found out that it is a real thing, but on some forums there were misunderstandings due to" some people didnt realize that maximum amount of money you can gain with this 50 euros is 50 euro, and only than you can put this real 50 on a standard account, where you profit is unlimited"
hope you get the point

Thank you for useful information.

I just want to ask one question. Is that guy whoā€™s monitor my stops and trying to do slippage through ā€œeconomic newsā€. Is he really that fast to react to news and to trick the customer at the same time? Because it happens very fast.

I guess its a ā€œprogramā€ that is configurable to widen the spread during news events. The guys job is to just execute the program.

Which broker are you using?